Demoman: 0
Ogra: 3

Rumble 20532 Shark Boy and Lava Girl vs. Freddy Krueger
MATCH SCORE
Shark Boy and Lava Girl: 4
Freddy Krueger: 3

Match 18717 Jason Bourne vs. John Wick

broadwaybeyonder

Jason Bourne shook the thin layer of snow off his coat as he walked off the New York City street and into the department store.  He made his way past holiday displays and busy shoppers, doing his best to look inconspicuous as he made sure to avoid any security cameras.  Finally, he arrived at the jewelry department, where a young woman in a store uniform stood behind a glass display counter.  She gave a friendly smile at Jason as he approached.  “Good afternoon, sir.  Can I help you find something?”  Bourne gave a quick glance behind him before he replied.  “Yes, if you could.  I’m looking for a gift.  A present for a friend of mine.” 

“Well, you’ve come to the right place, sir,” the clerk said.  “Is this friend a… close friend?”  Bourne cleared his throat.  “I met her last year, when I came to New York.”  The clerk nodded and held up a hand.  “Oh, I understand.  Say no more, sir.  I don’t mean to pry, but it does help me find the item you believe she would like.  Now what would you like to get for your friend?  Earrings?  A necklace, a bracelet?”  The clerk leaned forward over the counter and grinned.  “Perhaps a ring?”  Bourne looked slightly uncomfortable.  “Actually, I’m looking for a collar.”  The clerk was taken off guard.  “A… collar, sir?” 

“Yes, a collar.  For her dog?” 

“Oh.  Oh!” The clerk laughed.  “Pardon me, sir!  For a moment I thought…” 

“Don’t bother,” said Bourne with an understanding smile.  “I’ve already gotten something special for my friend, but I was hoping to find something special for her dog too.  You wouldn’t happen to have anything like that here?”  The clerk paused in thought then nodded excitedly and motioned for Bourne to follow her around the counter.  Bourne kept up with the clerk until they reached the edge of the display case, where the clerk knelt down and gently lifted up a silver dog collar, with a row of small diamonds wrapping around it.  She held it up for Bourne to get a better look at it.  “Do you think this would be a good fit, sir?”  Bourne nodded in approval.  “It’s very… nice.  How much does it cost?” 

“Oh, this is a specialty piece, sir.  But it comes to $10,450.  If perhaps you would like something less expensive…” 

“No, this will be fine.  However, I am not able to pay that much money at the moment.  Perhaps you could have the collar set aside for me and I could…” 

“I’ll pay double.”  Bourne turned behind him and saw a man with long black hair and goatee.  Bourne’s eyes narrowed as the clerk stammered.  “Um… pardon me, sir, but I was already assisting this gentleman and he is wanting to purchase this item.” 

“And he told you that he doesn’t have the money,” the man said bluntly.  “I will pay double for that collar right now.” 

Bourne took a step towards the man as the clerk backed away from the counter.  “Er, if you gentlemen will just wait a moment, I’ll get my manager and we can get this all sorted out.”  With the clerk ducking into a back room, Bourne looked the man up and down.  “Look, if you have that much money, I’m sure you can find something else.” 

“And if you are willing to spend that much money, I can say the same for you… Mr. Bourne.” 

Bourne kept his voice calm as he replied. “My name isn’t Bourne.  I think you have me confused with somebody else.” 

“Right,” said the man, glancing around the store.  “Increased security, cameras.  Whoever you are getting that collar for must be pretty important for you to take the risk of being spotted.”  Bourne glanced over the man’s shoulder to see a security guard standing by the escalators.  “It’s for someone special to me… Mr. Wick.”  Wick raised an eyebrow.  “You didn’t think that Blackbriar knew nothing about the famous Baba Yaga, did you?” asked Bourne, his voice becoming less friendly. 

The two men held their gaze for a moment, each searching the other’s face for a sign of weakness.  “Look,” said Bourne.  “Neither of us can afford to be drawing attention to ourselves, and it’s the holidays.  So how about you walk away, I finish my business here, and I won’t go to security and let them know there’s a man with a gun walking around the jewelry department?” 

“Better idea,” said Wick coolly.  “You leave, I buy the collar, and I don’t leave an anonymous tip for the CIA that one of their most wanted is walking around New York?” 

Any further argument was interrupted by a scream and the sounds of gunfire.  Instinctively both Bourne and Wick dropped down, and reached for their guns, looking up to see four men in colored ski masks aiming semi-automatic rifles at fleeing customers.  “Everyone on the ground!  NOW!” the one in the green ski mask shouted.  He fired off more rounds at the ceiling as people slowly obeyed his orders.  The security guard slowly reached for his revolver, only for the tallest of the four in a blue ski mask to shoot him in the arm.  He snickered as he strode over to the downed officer, aiming for his head.  “Someone’s trying to get on the naughty list!” 

“Dude!  Quit screwing around!”  The man in the red ski mask pointed at the other two.  “Grab all you can get your hands on!  And move it!  Cops will be here soon!”  The two nodded, ran to the jewelry display and started smashing the glass. 

Bourne looked over at Wick, watching as he moved his finger to the trigger.  He shot Wick a warning glance.  These four idiots clearly weren’t professionals.  Engaging them in the store would only result in more innocent people getting hurt.  Wick turned away from Bourne but lowered his weapon. 

As one of the thieves shoved jewelry and cash into a pillowcase, Blue Mask grabbed a hold of the clerk’s wrist.  “Hey, lady!  What you get me for Christmas this year?” 

“Let go of me!  Just take what you want and leave us alone!”

Blue Mask yanked the collar out of the clerk’s grip.  “Aww, come on, lady!  Where’s your Christmas spirit?”  He slammed the butt of his rifle into the clerk’s gut, forcing her to the ground.  Bourne and Wick watched in disgust as the robbers finished filling their pillowcase with loot.  “Alright!  Alright, let’s go!” Red Mask shouted.  The four ran out of the store into the street, with Blue Mask bringing up the rear as he pocketed the dog collar.  “Merry Christmas to all, and to all, SCREW YOU!” he laughed, and disappeared after his accomplices. 

John Wick jumped to his feet and took off at a run out the door as Jason Bourne ran to check on the clerk.  He helped her up to a seated position as she gasped for breath.  “I’ll be okay, I’m okay,” she coughed.  “But they got away.”  A look of determination came over Bourne’s face.  “No, they won’t.”  Jason Bourne bolted for the door and onto the street, with people still scrambling in the robbers’ wake.  He now had a new mission: find the thieves, reclaim what they stole, and get the collar back.  And if John Wick decided to get involved, he would need to use all of his skills to stop him. 

OK:

The winner will be whoever

1)      Finds and defeats the gang (lethally or non-lethally). 

2)      Defeats their opponent one-on-one (both armed with a revolver and any weapons they acquire from the gang). 

3)      Secures the dog collar. 

Merry Christmas and…

Game On! 

In this scenario I think Bourne wins this. Wick isn't after him and he's not truly in his way. The chase goes well they don't even have to engage each other (but that's no fun).

Wick might get too caught up killing the gang  while Bourne gets the dog collar. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, leroypowell3 said:

In this scenario I think Bourne wins this. Wick isn't after him and he's not truly in his way. The chase goes well they don't even have to engage each other (but that's no fun).

Wick might get too caught up killing the gang  while Bourne gets the dog collar. 

They do still have to fight each other, they just have to deal with the gang as well.  

4 minutes ago, broadwaybeyonder said:

They do still have to fight each other, they just have to deal with the gang as well.  

Yeah but Wicks heart isn't in it. Bourne is just in his way. Bourne is good enough to fight Wick off and get the dog collar. In my opinion.

• Like 1

I also like Bourne. Wick is real tough, but he isn't bloodlusted towards Bourne the way he is elsewhere.

• Like 1

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.60 - Twogunkid
5.00 - patrickthekid
4.70 - leroypowell3
4.40 - Boratz

FPA Calculation:
4 Total Votes cast
18.70 Total Combined Score
18.70 / 4 = 4.67 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Jason Bourne: 4
John Wick: 0

THE BOTTOM LINE

The van’s wheels screeched as it sped to a stop in an abandoned garage.  Blue Mask leapt out with the gang’s loot as the others ran for the garage door.  “We’ve all been good boys this year, fellas!” he guffawed as he reached into the satchel and pulled out a handful of jewelry. 

“Shut up, man!” Red Mask shouted.  “Get that door closed before those nuts see us!”  The other two thieves scrambled to pull down the garage door as the Blue Mask twirled the dog collar around his finger.  “Did you see that guy?” the thief in the green mask asked the one in black.  “He was riding that motorcycle after us like Kinevil!” 

“Dude!  What about that nut in the car?” said Black Mask as they finally closed the garage door.  “He slammed us and nearly sent us off a bridge!” 

“Ah, quit your whining!” said Blue Mask.  “We lost those two clowns and we’ve got the ice!  What are you worried about?” 

Instantly the garage door exploded inward as a Mercedes-Benz smashed through it.  At the same time a motorcycle carrying Jason Bourne crashed through a second story window overlooking the garage.  The thieves scrambled out of the way as John Wick jumped out of the car just before it crashed into the van.  He combat rolled to a knee, drew his pistol, and shot Green Mask in the head.  The motorcycle crashed down to earth and Bourne landed flat on the concrete a few feet away.  Black Mask charged at him, only for Bourne to deliver a kick to his knee before putting him in a choke. 

Blue Mask roared as he pulled out his rifle and fired at Wick.  “Ho ho ho!” he howled as Wick ran for shelter behind a rack of tools.  Blue Mask advanced on the rack laughing madly until Wick fired two shots to his chest.  With a psychotic grin still etched on his face, Blue Mask fell, letting his bag of loot and the collar spill out on the floor. 

Red Mask picked up a wrench and swung it at Bourne.  Bourne nimbly dodged and caught the leader’s arm.  With a twist of the arm, Red Mask dropped to a knee and screamed in pain before Bourne delivered a final knockout blow. 

Bourne turned to see the collar on the floor.  He went for it only for a bullet to strike the ground in front of him.  Wick advanced with weapon at the ready.  “This is the part where you walk away,” said Wick.  Bourne held his ground as the assassin knelt down for the collar while still pointing his gun at him.  But Bourne quickly scooped up the wrench that Red Mask had dropped and hurled it, sending it directly into Wick’s gun hand.  Wick grunted as he lost his grip on the pistol and Bourne sprinted to pick up the collar.  Wick grabbed Bourne by the collar of his jacket, only for Bourne to reverse and throw a punch that Wick blocked.  The two men traded blows around the garage as the sounds of police sirens drew nearer.  Bourne went for a sleeper hold on Wick, but Wick managed to flip Bourne over and deliver strike to his throat.  Bourne gasped for breath as Wick reached into his belt and drew another pistol.  “I didn’t want to have to kill you,” said Wick. 

“Well,” said Bourne shakily.  “It is Christmas.” 

Bourne pulled out the pistol that Wick had dropped earlier and fired.  Wick fell backwards into the wrecked Mercedes, his head cracking against the hood.  Bourne scrambled to his feet.  He knew that a man like Wick more than likely had a bullet proof vest on, and he didn’t have much time.  He grabbed the collar and ran out the back door of the garage.  Wick groaned and struggled to pursue.  He reached the door just in time to see Bourne on the other side of the street before a bus drove by.  When the bus had past, Bourne was gone. 

A few days later, it was Christmas morning.  In the apartment of one Amanda Holland, Jason Bourne sat on the couch as Amanda picked up a present under the tree.  “Let’s see.  ‘From Matt, To Bronx.’  Look at that, girl!  Matt got a present for you too!”  The Golden Retriever barked as Amanda sat next to Bourne.  “Well, I didn’t want her to be left out,” he said. 

“How thoughtful of you,” Amanda smiled.  She tore away the wrapping paper and lifted the lid on the box.  She gasped when she saw the collar.  “Oh, Matt!  It’s beautiful!  It must have cost…” 

“It doesn’t matter,” said Bourne.  “I know how much you love Bronx.  And I wanted to give her something special.”  Amanda was wide eyed as she lifted the collar out of the box and held it in front of Bronx, who curiously sniffed at it.  “I just can’t imagine what you had to do get this!”  Bourne smiled as Amanda put her arms around him.  “Well, it wasn’t easy.” 

At that same moment, at another apartment, John Wick pushed open the door.  He let his bulldog Bubba in first.  As the dog trundled into the apartment, Wick took of his coat and hung it up.  He had managed to get out of the garage before the police arrived, and at least they were able to return the rest of the stolen jewelry to the store.  It was disappointing that he wouldn’t be able to get the collar for Bubba. 

The sound of Bubba’s bark caught Wick’s attention.  He walked further into the apartment to see Bubba looking up at the windowsill.  Sitting on it was a black box with a red bow and a card on it.  On the card was written:

“No hard feelings.  Merry Christmas.” 

Wick glanced at Bubba, who gave questioning whine.  Wick picked up the box and slowly opened it.  Inside was a black dog collar, with a line of diamond studs running down the middle.  Wick looked out the window across the New York rooftops as the snow softly fell.  For the first time in what seemed like years, John Wick gave a half smile.  “And Merry Christmas to you… Mr. Bourne.”