Freddy Krueger: 3

Rumble 20530 Emperor Zurg (Lightyear movie) vs. The Xenomorph Queen
MATCH SCORE
Emperor Zurg: 3
The Xenomorph Queen: 2

Match 18709 Indiana Jones vs. Flattop

Boratz

Western Lebanon

Beneath the pale moon light was sight of ruin and despair. A young man sauntered through these ruins with a flashlight shining upon the shadows. There were corpses of those that had passed ages ago, and recent bodies that caused a sickening stench that filled the nostrils of this young man. With a handkerchief, the young man was able to cover his nose from the powerful smell. He carefully moved passed the dead and walked alongside a wall that was covered in symbols. The young man swung a bag that he was carrying over his shoulder and started digging inside the bag with his hand. His fingers rubbed against a leather journal, and he gripped the journal tight. He pulled out the leather-bound journal and started flipping through the pages. Each page had writings and sketches that took much time to collect. The young man searched through the notes until he found the same ink-stained symbols that were carved into these ancient walls. 

The young man started breathing heavily as his eyes widened upon the symbols on the wall. A large smile formed across his face as he realized that all the blood, sweat, and tears have finally led him to this moment. He reached up to rub his head, and his fingers gently moved from the back of his ballcap to his short black hair. His thoughts wandered in all directions, but everything went back to his close friend and mentor, Dr. Jones. For this young man, he felt that Dr. Jones would be proud of him for this discovery. The young man that was known as Short-Round by many turned back to gaze upon the bodies of the dead. He knew that he was not the only one on this journey, and there were still dangers at large. These ruins brought promises of dire traps and puzzles that would prove dangerous to all who came in search of what was hidden from the world.

Short-Round stepped over traps and steadily made his way into a tunnel that was covered in dust. His light shined through the tunnels which uncovered what lied beyond the shadows. A confident gaze went over the young man while he reflected on his adventures with Dr. Jones. He thought about the years spent in boarding school and his first year in university. With some of the knowledge and skills that he acquired from his time with Indiana, he was able to start his own archeological career at a young age. As he made his way through this dark tunnel, he was able to overcome the traps that were set along the way. Eventually, he found himself in what appeared to be an ancient vault. His dark eyes scanned the dust covered room. 

A smirk formed across the side of Short-Round's cheeks when his eyes caught the back corner of this ancient vault. He could see a small glimpse of what he was searching for. With a steady breath, Short-Round made his way across the vines that covered the ground below. He was able avoid the traps that were set thousands of years before. Short-Round finally stood before the ancient tablet that he had been searching for. His dark eyes scanned the entirety of this tablet and a smile formed across his face. He carefully picked up the tablet and placed it in the pack that he carried over his shoulder. 

Short-Round slowly turned around, and glanced back at where the tablet had once rested. He heard a cracking sound that sent rumbles across the ground beneath him. The walls around started to shake and pieces of the ceiling above started to fall around the young archeologist. Short-Round started to sprint out of this ancient vault as everything started to collapse. Traps were set off in every direction. Short-Round quickly made his way passed the deadly traps with a faint glimpse of freedom just ahead. With all the strength that he could muster, the young man was able to leap out of the collapsing tunnel and into safety. 

Breathing heavily, the young man glanced back at the tunnel entrance and started to chuckle. He pushed himself to his feet and started walking up the steps of the ruins. There were several thoughts that raced through his mind while he carried this tablet. He knew that this journey was far from over and the danger was only just beginning. Short-Round started to think about his former mentor, Dr. Jones. He was excited to be able to bring this tablet to him so that they may be able to discover the secrets carved on it. As Short-Round started walking up a hill. He placed the leather-bound journal in his front chest pocket and continued his trek up the hill. 

After making his way up the hill, Short-Round glanced back down at the ruins. All of a sudden, he heard noises coming out of the darkness. He turned his attention and saw a small group of men surrounding him. Short-Round steadily back up to the edge of a cliff. He glanced down and saw a raging river down at the bottom of the steep cliff. Short-Round then turned his attention back to the small group of men. They were covered in dark clothing and from what he could scope out on these ruthless men, Short-Round could see the symbol of evil buttoned on their clothes. These men were agents for the Nazis. Short-Round's eyes then moved toward a man with a distinct flattop head. 

"Hand over what you found, boy!" The Flattop man said while pointing a pistol at Short-Round. 

Short-Round let out a steady breath and glanced at the surrounding Nazi agents. He nodded his head and slowly pulled the back over his shoulder. Short-Round's dark eyes went into the pack and he reached inside. With a confident smile, he yelled, "Not today!" 

Short-Round quickly took out a bag of sand that he picked up along the way. Short-Round tossed the sand into the eyes of the man with the flattop head. Short-Round then clinched his fist tight and punched out one of the Nazi spies. The young adventurer then kicked another in the chest. Short-Round turned his attention back to the man with the flattop head. The ruthless man with the flattop head shot off a bullet from his gun. Short-Round was struck in the chest and staggered back. Before any of the sinister Nazi agents could reach the young archeologist, he fell down into the river below. The raging waters carried the young archeologist far away from the reaches of evil. 

Bedford, Connecticut 

Marshall College

Since the United States entered the Second World War, Dr. Jones noticed that the number of students in his classroom was not as large as they once were. Before this devastating war that spread across the globe, Indiana had done what he could to help fight the forces of evil. Even during these dark times of war, the adventurer had his fair share of missions against the Nazi regime. As he stood at the front of his classroom and presented a lecture, he could not help but feel a sense of pain within the pit of his chest. Day after day, he had heard about former students returning home from this devastating war in coffins. He hated that the world was at war, and that so many had lost their lives. In the back of his mind, he knew that these students and so many brave soldiers had fought for the greater good against one of the greatest evils the world had ever known.

As Indy continued his lecture, he nodded as his dear friend entered his classroom. The Dean of Students, Marcus Brody grinned while listening to the famed archeologist lecture to the small class of students. Marcus glanced around and also took notice of the dwindling student body. This devastating war surely took a toll on many across the world. Marcus' bright grin slowly faded as he thought about the news that he was bringing to his friend. The sound of the ringing bell drowned out the voice of Dr. Henry Jones Jr. As the students prepared to leave and head to their next class, they heard their professor let out an announcement.

"I will be in my office Tuesday and Wednesday only! There is a final exam next Monday!" Indy announced while the students cleared out of the room.

Indy's gaze turned to Marcus Brody. Marcus slowly stepped toward his friend's desk. Indy could tell that his warm presence had faded away and the Dean had a look of concern. The archeologist had seen that look before many times on Marcus. He knew that someone from the United States government wanted Indy's assistance on some dangerous adventure.

"I just got back, Marcus." Indy sighed with a tired look.

"I know, my dear friend." Marcus said with a concerned gaze. "But I have a terrible feeling that you will want to be a part of this one."

"Army intelligence?" Indy grunted while he loaded up his briefcase with papers and assignments.

"More or less." Marcus nodded.

"What do they want this time?" Indy muttered while walking toward the door.

"I think it would be best to hear it from them first." Marcus said while patting Indy's shoulder.

"I got a bad feeling about this." Indy sighed while shaking his head.

Indiana and Marcus walked through the halls of the lecture building. The veteran adventurer had met with government agents more often than he cared for, but there was something different about Marcus. He knew that Marcus was holding something back and he could sense that he was discouraged. As much as Indiana tried to prod the information out of his dear friend and mentor, Marcus continued to insist that it would be best to hear from the army intelligence officials themselves. The two friends walked across the campus and made their way towards Marcus' office. The door squeaked opened as Marcus and Indiana walked into Marcus' office. 

Sitting in front of Marcus' desk, Indiana recognized the intelligence officers as the men that had recruited him years ago in his search for the Ark of the Covenant. Major Eaton and Colonel Musgrove stood up from the chairs as Indiana stood before them. Despite the cold winter air that surrounded Marshall College, Major Eaten had lines of sweat that ran down his forehead. Colonel Musgrove had deeper lines around his eyes than when he had first met the famed archeologist all those years ago. Both intelligence officers appeared as if they had not slept for weeks during this time of war. 

"Gentlemen." Indiana muttered while shaking hands with the intelligence officers.

Marcus walked around his desk and sat down in his brown leather chair. He leaned forward and waited for the agents to brief Indiana on recent events.

"Dr. Jones, as you are well aware; Adolf Hitler and his allies have been exhausting all their resources in this war. Hitler has been looking into the occult in hopes of finding ways to win the war." Major Eaton said while looking at the professor.

Colonel Musgrove then stood up and said, "We will jump right to it, Dr. Jones. Are you aware of the Garden of Eden?"

"Of course." Indiana said with a small smirk. "It is one of the first lessons anyone learns at Sunday school."

Colonel Musgrove said, "We have recently learned that Hitler was wanting to search for it. Our intelligence said that he wanted fruit from the Tree of knowledge of good and evil."

"Do you know anything about that?" Major Eaton asked. 

"Yeah. Short story, after God created the Heavens and Earth, he created Adam and Eve. After creating Adam and Eve, God promised them the world with the exception eating the forbidden fruit. Lucifer disguised himself as a serpent, and tricked them into eating from the forbidden fruit with the promise that they would have the knowledge of God." Indiana responded while glancing over at Marcus. "After that, humanity was banished from the Garden of Eden."

Colonel Musgrove said, "One of our assets believed to have found the location of a map. A map that may contain the location of the Garden. This asset is a former associate of yours. His name is Wan Li. He..."

"Short-Round?" Indiana interrupted. "I helped him decipher some scrolls a while back. I remember he was studying under an old colleague of mine. They thought they found a mine of King Solomon."

"They did." Colonel Musgrove responded. "The mine had information regarding the Garden of Eden. The scrolls that you assisted him with led to a tablet that was supposed to be a map to the Garden. Nazi spies got wind of it and..." Musgrove said before he went quiet.

"What?" Indiana asked with a concerned look.

"They followed Wan Li on his search to Lebanon. Wan Li was shot." Musgrove responded.

"Shorty?" Indiana muttered as his heart sank and his eyes moved around the room. 

"He is alive. He is in a coma. Allied troops found him in a river and were able to get him out of the country. He is in Britian now." Musgrove responded.

Indiana started shuffling around as he started walking toward the door.

"Dr. Jones, he had the tablet in his possession. He was fortunate enough that the bullet was stopped by a journal that he had in his front pocket. The same one that you helped him write." Musgrove said while Indiana stopped at the door.

"Where is Short-Round? What hospital?" Indiana asked.

"It is all in these documents." Eaton said. 

Indiana went over and snatched the papers out of his hands. He quickly glanced over them and started to walk towards the door once again.

"Where are you going, Dr. Jones?" Eaton asked.

"I'm going to see my friend." Indiana responded.

"Dr. Jones, we need to know if you are going to help. If Hitler finds this Tree of knowledge, then who knows what will happen!" Musgrove growled.

"I am going to find my friend first." Indiana said before disappearing down the hallway. 

The professor rushed to get to his house. After digging through his clothes, he started loading up his luggage. He then heard a squeak in his house, and he turned to see Marcus walking into his room. Marcus looked over the luggage that Indiana had and his eyes looked over the brown jacket and whip laying on top of Indy's clothes. 

"This will be much different than anything that you have done before." Marcus said while glancing at Indiana.

"They shot Short-Round!" Indiana hissed while taking his fedora out of his closet. 

"Yes...", Marcus said while shaking his head. "But the Garden of Eden. This is much different than anything that you've searchex for before." Marcus muttered.

"I don't care about the Garden or some tree. I'm going to see my friend." Indiana glanced back at his mentor. 

"I know. If Hitler prevails, the very fabric of this world could change." Marcus said with a worried tone.

Indiana took out his revolver and threw it on his bed. He told Marcus with assurance, "The Nazis will not find the Garden."

After Marcus left, Indiana loaded up his car with his luggage. He drove across town and toward the private hanger of one of his close allies. As he pulled up to the hanger, Indy could see the name of Jock's Hanger painted across a sign. Indy let out a sigh while he got out of his car. The strap to his luggage rested over his shoulder while he walked inside. His eyes searched around the hanger until they landed on Jock Lindsey. Jock was sitting at a table, tinkering with different parts of a plane. He had that same beat-up baseball cap that he had worn since Indy had first met him. 

"Hey Jock!" Indiana announced.

"Hey Indy!" Jock waved while Indy threw his luggage down on a table.

"Should be ready in 10!" Jock yelled while pushing himself up to shake Indy's hand. "Marcus called. He told me what happened to Short-Round. I'm sorry, Indy. I'll get you to Britian."

"Thanks." Indy muttered while staggering around the room.

Indy was about to sit down in a chair. As he dragged the chair out from under the table, his heart froze in terror. Sitting upon the chair, was a large boa constrictor rolled up. Indy stumbled back and started breathing really hard. 

"JOCK! What is the snake doing in the chair?!" Indy yelled.

"Oh you remember my pet, Reggie! He likes to sit around while I work." Jock laughed.

"I hate snakes, Jock!" Indy yelled while pushing the chair back under the table.

"Oh, lighten up, Indy! I have a friend that is going to look after him!" Jock exclaimed with a large smile. 

Moments later, the plane's engine roared to life. Indiana loaded his luggage into the plane and sat down in the seat. While Jock sat in the pilot's seat and worked to pilot the plane, Indiana gazed over the files that the army intelligence brought. There were several notes that Short-Round had taken and symbols sketched throughout the pages. While Indy was worried about the boy that he met all those years ago, he could not help but be proud on the young man that he had become. Short-Round had learned much in his life, and Indy realized that he was farther along in his short career than many of the archeologist that Indiana had met throughout the years.

While the adventurer continued to study the files that were before him, the plane traveled across the globe and headed for Britian. With each passing moment, Indy's thoughts went back to the safety of his young friend. After the plane landed, Indiana gathered his luggage and walked up to his old friend. Jock nodded his head and shook Indy's hand.

Great Britian

"Always a pleasure, pal!" Jock said with a large smile. "Go make sure, Short-Round is okay!"

"Will do, Jock." Indy nodded while walking away from Jock's plane.

A faded white car pulled up outside the airfield. The driver's side door creaked opened and an old companion of Indy's stepped out of the vehicle. A smirk formed across Indy's face as he saw the thick dark curly beard and grizzled eyes of Sallah. There was a smile that spread across Sallah's face while he reached out to Indiana. The hefty man's arms spread out as he wrapped them around Indiana Jones. Sallah lifted Indy up in the air with his tight bear hug. He let out a warm chuckle while putting Indy back on the ground.

"Good to see you too, Sallah." Indy laughed.

"Always good to see you, Indy!" Sallah exclaimed.

"How's Shorty?" Indy asked.

Sallah's smile quickly faded as he looked over his friend. "No change, I am afraid. I have some close friends looking out for him. I will drive you there as quickly as I can."

Sallah drove Indy through Great Britian. The country seemed darker since this terrible war. Sallah and Indy spoke of their families and recent adventures. The car slowed down as it approached the hospital that Short-Round was being held. Indy saw several allied troops around the outside of the facility. Sallah assured him that Short-Round was in good hands. Indy's dear friend led him through the hospital. Indy sauntered by several rooms with wounded soldiers that were brought back from the front lines. He thought about his own experiences in war and then thought about his students that had gone to fight in this World War. Sallah then led Indy into a room, and the archeologist saw his former companion laying on the hospital bed. Sallah handed Indy a bag that contained Short-Round's belongings. Indiana gazed over the ballcap that Shorty wore wherever he went. A small smile formed over the professor's face as he remembered their adventures together. 

His attention then turned to the leather-bound journal that Short-Round used in his search for the tablet. He then saw the tablet that was sought after by both Allied forces and Nazi troops. After looking over the ancient tablet that was created by King Solomon himself, Dr. Jones realized that it was only half of a map. Indiana stood up from his chair and gazed over the tablet. He then glanced over at the comatose Short-Round. Several thoughts ran through Indy’s mind while trying to process what revelations the other half of the map would bring.  

While Indy was watching over Short-Round, Sallah started walking through the hospital wing. He said a silent prayer for the hurt and wounded. He then saw something strange that caught his eye. There was a peculiar looking man that had walked out of a janitor’s closet and then quietly walked through the door to another wing. Sallah had a bad feeling in the pit of his stomach. He quickly walked over to the janitor’s closet and opened the door. He saw the lifeless body of a doctor that was looking over the patients. Sallah’s eyes opened wide as he quickly turned and rushed in the direction of the peculiar looking man. After looking in several rooms, he found the man talking with another individual. Both men spoke with a thick German accent. They turned toward Sallah and a sinister smile formed across one of their faces.  

The smiling man reached to take out a revolver, but Sallah leapt toward the man before he could get off a shot. Sallah knocked out one of the Nazi spies with a single right hook across the face. The other Nazi spy had sprinted down the hallway. Sallah tried to run after him but lost him among all the patients and hospital staff. He knew that there had to be more in the hospital, and they were there to finish what they had started with Short-Round. Sallah turned to a fire alarm and quickly pulled it down. He then ran toward the direction of Short-Round’s room. 

Indiana heard the fire alarm going off and then looked back. He quickly ran to the hallway and saw that there was no smoke. He then saw that same man that ran away from Sallah walking toward him. Indy’s eyes widened as the man reached for a concealed pistol. Indy quickly took out his revolver and shot the man before he could get off a shot. He slowly walked over the fallen Nazi spy and knelt down to look over the body. Indy then heard footsteps from behind him. He glanced back and saw a man with a Flattop leaving Short-Round’s room with the tablet in hand. Indy ran to Short-Round’s doorway and looked over his young friend. He saw that his friend was alright, but the journal was missing too. Indy then ran as fast as he could to chase after this fiend. He chased Flattop into an alleyway. The assassin threw the tablet and journal into a large bag. He then tossed the bag on the ground. Flattop had orders to stop Jones before the archeologist foiled their plans. 

Indiana Jones has his revolver and bullwhip  

Flattop has two pistols. 

23 minutes ago, leroypowell3 said:

You know there's intent when a new character gets an official match before even their three man rumble. I didn't even research Flattop yet.

Sorry about that

I had an idea for a story and just went with it

• 1 month later...

Sorry I missed out on this one, Boratz. This almost had the feel of one of Indy's adventures. And Flattop working with the Nazis? Man, work really must've been hard to come by in wartime. 😛 

Indy rightfully won this one. From what I remember of Flattop from the Dick Tracy film in the 1990's, he wasn't particularly competent. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Sorry I missed out on this one, Boratz. This almost had the feel of one of Indy's adventures. And Flattop working with the Nazis? Man, work really must've been hard to come by in wartime. 😛 

Indy rightfully won this one. From what I remember of Flattop from the Dick Tracy film in the 1990's, he wasn't particularly competent. 

Thanks Dskillz! I was definitely going for an Indy adventure