Helena Shaw vs. Lori Quaid
MATCH SCORE
Helena Shaw: 2
Lori Quaid: 3

Rumble 20533 Demoman vs. Ogra
MATCH SCORE
Demoman: 0
Ogra: 3

Match 18599 April O'Neil vs. Hadley's Hope (LV-426)

Venom 2009

Note: This is the version of April from the 1987 TMNT animated series.

--------

On board of the U.S.S. Sulaco, inside an office, April O'Neil was sitting in a chair. In front of her is a desk with four men on the other side.

“Ok Miss O'Neil, if that’s your real name, why don’t you tell us how you got on my ship.” Apone said.

“I keep on telling you the truth. But you all don’t believe me. How many more times do I need to keep repeating myself?” April asked.

“As many times as it takes, until you give us something else other than that fairy tale.” Scott Gorman said.

“Well too bad, because you don’t believe the truth. My name is April O'Neil. I live in New York City. I’m a television reporter for Channel 6 News.” She spoke.

“Who happens to be friends with oversized turtles that are ninjas.” Dwayne Hicks said.

“That’s right. We got information that Shredder was up to something.” April said.

“The guy that has a warthog and a rhinoceros working for him.” Apone said.

“Yes. Shredder was going to steal this machine that can teleport people anywhere in the world. When the Turtles got into a fight with Shredder and his goons, I was knocked against the machine, and I was teleported onto your spaceship. Where you Marines found me, and are treating me like I did something wrong.” April said.

“Because normally, it would be impossible for a stowaway to be on the Sulaco for 3 weeks without food and water, while everyone else is in stasis.” Gorman said.

“And your little story isn’t helping your case.” Apone said.

“Plus, if this machine can teleport people anywhere on Earth, then why did it send you here on a spaceship?” Hicks asked.

“The only thing I can think of is that when I slammed into the machine, it must have malfunctioned, which is why I’m here.” April said.

“And what’s with this stuff?” Gorman asked as he put a bag on the desk and pulled out a video camera and some vhs tapes.

“Like I’ve been telling you. I’m a reporter. Where there is a story, I report it.” April said.

“So, tell me, Miss O'Neil, did you record the fight on your camera?” Bishop asked.

“Well... The thing is... Everything was happening so fast, and I couldn’t open my bag in time.” April said as she was embarrassed and scratching the back of her head.

“Bishop, did you find any data on her?” Hicks asked.

“Well, here’s the thing. I couldn’t find anything on her. It’s like she doesn’t exist.” Bishop said.

“Look, I can tell you that the way things are, this isn’t my universe. You don’t know how many times the Turtles and I ran into people from other dimensions. Heck, the Turtles have even teamed-up with their counterparts from the multiverse.” April said.

“Ok, this sounds like something out of a Saturday Morning Cartoon.” Apone said.

“Or a Comic Book.” Hicks said.

“So, what are you going to do with me?” April asked.

“Well, you haven’t done anything wrong, but we can’t leave you unsupervised. Especially since we’re hours away from our mission.” Gorman said.

“Wait a minute. What mission?” April asked.

“We’re on a rescue mission. There is a terra forming colony on the moon, LV-426. The Weyland-Yutani Corporation has lost contact with them. We’re on our way over there to see what’s going on. It could be nothing, but according to Ellen Ripley, there are monsters on the moon.” Gorman said.

“So, you Marines are going to be saving people from monsters! That sounds like a big story! Can I come with you, and take my camera?!” April said as she was very excited.

“Yea, she’s a reporter alright.” Hicks said.

“Here I thought she worked at a carwash with that yellow jumpsuit.” Apone said.

“As much as I’m against it, I can’t just leave you on the Sulaco, while everyone else is down on the moon. So, you will have to come with us.” Gorman said to April.

“Sir, is that wise taking a civilian with us?” Apone asked Gorman.

“Does it look like I have a choice? If she can magically appear on the Sulaco, who knows what else she can do. Best to have eyes on her where we can see her.” Gorman said to Apone. He then looked back at April. “You can take your little camera, film, and anything you like. But understand this; we don’t trust you. Like I just said, we’ll be keeping our eyes on you. When we give you orders, you are to follow them. If you try anything funny, then you can kiss your little camera and tapes goodbye. Do I make myself clear?”

“Yea, yea, sure. I understand. I will be on my best behavior.” April said.

--------

So, there you have it. I hope everyone likes the match. This is my entry for the 2nd Writer's Challenge.

Basically, this is the 1987 April O'Neil in the 1986 Aliens movie.

Vote for April, if you think she will survive throughout the movie. Vote for Hadley's Hope, if you think April will get killed by the Xenomorphs.

April has had some encounter with Xenomorph like creatures even in the 1987 TMNT cartoon, specifically the Pizza Monsters from Dimension X. So, I think she would probably do well here, so long as she stays with the Colonial Marines of course. And if we count Shredder's Revenge as being canon with the 1987 toon, then she probably fairs even better considering that she's likely been doing some training with the Turtles and Master Splinter.

• Like 1

Good challenge entry, Venom.  Nice winks and nods to the readers with the Marines' comments about April that are often said in and out of her world. :) Hope more entries start coming in soon.

As for the match, with all the weird stuff '87 April's seen already, she likely has a good shot at staying safe. The Turtles may also figure out a way to bring her back before she gets into any real danger, as usual. Either way, I'd say she survives. 

8 hours ago, RakaiThwei said:

And if we count Shredder's Revenge as being canon with the 1987 toon, then she probably fairs even better considering that she's likely been doing some training with the Turtles and Master Splinter.

Sounds like I'm gonna have to play Shredder's Revenge one day.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, RakaiThwei said:

On an unrelated note... Did someone REALLY use the picture of Michelangelo unintentionally groping April's boob for her battle picture?

:ph34r: 

I love the setup, but there are a few problems that come to mind.

Without knowing the characters, or having seen the movie, this setup does little to tell us just how dangerous of a situation she is stepping into. We don't know the terror of the Xenomorphs, nor do we have any idea how talented April O'Neal truly is. 

That is to say when reading a setup, I like to be able to put myself into the shoes of the character as if I'm really there experiencing the same thing they are. 

Out side of that, I love the humor, and tongue in cheek comments made in the setup. 

I'll give it a 4/5 - Well written, no typos that I noticed. The setup gets the job done, but I just want to feel more from the characters. 

Good start, hope to see more people hoping in, mine will be put in soon too :)

• Like 1

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - StormChaser
4.20 - DSkillz
5.00 - patrickthekid
4.70 - Boratz
4.00 - IKA

FPA Calculation:
5 Total Votes cast
22.90 Total Combined Score
22.90 / 5 = 4.58 Final Rating on the match