Colossus vs. Strong Guy
MATCH SCORE
Colossus: 5
Strong Guy: 1

Rumble 20541 Batman (Nolanverse) vs. Judas Breed
MATCH SCORE
Batman: 2
Judas Breed: 0

Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Match 18528 Jiang Li vs. Da Ji

JohnnyChany

(CHARACTER NOTE: Jiang Li’s actual name is Ying Li. I really liked her brief appearance in Shang-Chi and added her when the movie was still in theaters. At the time I saw it spelled on google both ways but went with Jiang Li because that was how the pop figurine spelled it so I figured it would be correct.)

Anyway…

image.jpeg.da65f4a11e3442316a8506d31f9f0e19.jpeg

Da Ji stood in front of an ordinary appearing bamboo forest with three of the demon army’s top lieutenants, the rotund Diamondback, the monstrously big warthog-like Gyuki, and the slender, nimble, and reserved Dodomeki.

As Da Ji took in a good look at their surroundings, Diamondback was the first to speak.

“Are you sure about this, Da Ji?” he questioned. “Do you really think the Mystics would seal our lord in such a primitive place? Unguarded? In the mortal realm?”

“First of all, who are you to question me? Know your place,” Da Ji chided. “Secondly, it would just be like Susano’o to try and hide him from us in a place we would not expect and Lord Orochi’s seal isn’t inside this forest only the gate to where he is being actually imprisoned. A magical village called Ta Lo.” Da Ji’s eyes sparked with excitement. “I know my master’s voice and he has been beckoning me. He must be close.”

“So should we just burn down these trees until we find him?” Gyuki suggested.

“Don’t be a fool. If we are careless we could damage the entrance into Ta Lo,” stated Da Ji.

“Then… our journey begins here,” said Dodomeki.

“Yes, I am sure some chaotic fun awaits us and then we will be rewarded by the presence of our lord,” Da Ji exclaimed.

The four entered the forest and quickly became lost as they struggled to pinpoint their location. The scenery around them constantly changed and they were not sure which way to go or which way they had come from.

Da Ji sighed. “This is not the fun I was hoping for, this is just frustrating.”

A set of trees bristled behind them. At first slightly, but soon with force. Gyuki’s eyes widened and he gazed back and forth with a sense of panic.

“The trees are moving!” he squealed.

“Be quiet, Gyuki!” Da Ji scolded. “Trees don’t move in this realm.”

Soon after this declaration, the trees all around them moved around violently. It was as if the forest itself was trying to rid itself of these unwanted intruders. The four members of Orochi’s army did their best to avoid getting slammed by the malevolent movement of bamboo, but Diamondback was the first to get swallowed up by a column of trees.

“Diamondback!” Gyuki cried out.

“Worry about yourself!” shouted Da Ji. The mischievous immortal jumped into the air and threw two exploding spheres at the oncoming trees.

Dodomeki employed his impressive speed and agility to avoid the trees, however Gyuki opted to try and take them head on. The slow-witted demon managed to use his strength to bat back a couple of bamboo trees momentarily with his club, but he was eventually pushed back to a cliff and knocked off.

Da Ji and Dodomeki were more successful in their navigation of the moving forest as they ducked, dodged, and jumped around until they arrived at a clearing in the forest.

“That’s more like it,” Da Ji noted. “This forest is fun.”

The Serpent King, Orochi’s voice echoed in her pointy ears. “Come to me.”

“On my way, my lord,” Da Ji whispered, unaware that she was actually being lured by the Dweller in Darkness.

Da Ji and Dodomeki both then caught sight of a woman in a bamboo hat standing by a water spring.

“You must leave now,” the woman warned. “Demons are not permitted in Ta Lo.”

Da Ji giggled. “Foolish mortals, always worried about silly things like invitations and permission.”

“I will….defeat this guardian,” Dodomeki offered.

Da Ji gestured for him to go ahead and attack. Dodomeki lunged at the woman with his gauntlets, but was unable to land a blow. She avoided his attacks gracefully while hitting him with kicks and palm strikes. Dodemeki quickly grew frustrated. The mysterious fighter then floated backward and summoned up a strong gust of wind that picked up Dodomeki and smashed him with concussive force against the face of an enormous rock. Dodemeki fell unconscious.

The woman turned her attention to Da Ji.

“Is that the best you can do, demons?” she taunted.

Da Ji levitated two exploding spheres in her hands. “Not even close. Now, tell me how to get to Ta Lo and I might leave you still breathing when this is all over.”

“Not going to happen.”

The woman flung her bamboo hat like a weapon at Da Ji to knock her off balance and their fight began in earnest.

Welcome back, Johnny, and good set-up. :) Good story, and there seems to be good characterization here, but I don't think I know enough about these ladies to vote.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.70 - leroypowell3
5.00 - StormChaser
5.00 - Culwych1
4.70 - DSkillz
4.70 - Boratz
5.00 - patrickthekid

FPA Calculation:
6 Total Votes cast
29.10 Total Combined Score
29.10 / 6 = 4.85 Final Rating on the match