Mr. Incredible: 0

Rumble 20544 General Kregg vs. Stripe vs. Brigade
MATCH SCORE
General Kregg: 2
Stripe: 0
Brigade: 1

Match 18365 Grinders vs. Jem'Hadar

Project: Rehab.  Case #1 Session #1

General Kilobyte stood on the edge of what appeared to his sensors to be an orange lake.  He ran his fingers through his metallic hair and turned to face his squadron of Grinders.  The robots all stood at attention, awaiting his orders.  “Typical,” he said in his oily voice.  “Our first attempt at space exploration for Venjix and what do we find?  A barren rock and a pool of goo.  Not exactly a brave new world, is it?”  The Grinders simply beeped and whirred.  Kilobyte shrugged.  “Good thing you Grinders are better at fighting than at conversation.  No matter.  Take a sample of it for analysis.  Continue your scans.”  A Grinder marched forward holding a long, silver probe.  It lowered the staff-like device towards the surface of the ‘water’. 

“Good evening, gentlemen!”  Kilobyte and the Grinders spun around to see a strange humanoid standing behind them.  He was dressed in plain, brown attire, with black hair and strange ears.  The Grinders took aim with their lasers and Kilobyte pointed his sword at the intruder.  “Identify yourself!” shouted Kilobyte.  The humanoid held out his arms before him and bowed.  “I’m so sorry for startling you.  My name is Weyoun.  I am a representative of the Dominion and a servant of the Founders.” 

Kilobyte glanced around the barren landscape.  “And where are these Founders?” 

“Let us discuss that some other time,” Weyoun smiled.  “For the moment, I must ask you to withdraw from this place immediately.” 

“I don’t take orders from organics!” Kilobyte sneered.  “I am on a mission from Venjix.  And if you attempt to stop me, you will be destroyed!”  Weyoun’s eyes narrowed.  “I strongly suggest that you reconsider.  You would be wise not to go against the will of the Founders.”  Kilobyte pointed at the Grinder with the probe.  “You have your orders!  Carry them out!” 

The Grinder nodded and buzzed as he let the probe touch the liquid.  There was a sudden sound of weapons fire and the Grinder fell backward with a hole in it’s chest.  The probe remained stuck in the pool as the gelatinous liquid formed a tentacle that wrapped around the device.  It snapped the probe in two and tossed the pieces onto the shore before dissolving back into the lake. 

“Grinders!  Seek and destroy!” Kilobyte shrieked.  He turned to face Weyoun, but the stranger was gone.  Kilobyte ran towards where Weyoun had been and ran into a force field.  Kilobyte swung his sword and blasted at the force field, but it had completely surrounded him.  “Release me!” Kilobyte shouted to the Grinders.  The robots hurried towards their trapped leader, only to be stopped as the air shimmered around them and a squadron of reptilian looking soldiers emerged.  They raised their rifles at the Grinders.  “Eliminate the intruders!” one of them shouted.  “Do your duty to the Founders!  Victory is life!” 

“Victory is life!” the rest of the Jem’Hadar shouted as the Grinders charged toward them, weapons drawn. 

OK:

20 Grinders vs 20 Jem’Hadar. 

Kilobyte is trapped and cannot be freed until the battle is complete. 

No ships, monsters, downloads to increase size of combatants. 

First side to eliminate all 20 opponents, wins. 

Game On! 

Nice to see the Grinders in a match! I give the setup a 5.0.

• Like 1

Man, my internet is sluggish tonight. :D 

Good set-up, broadwaybeyonder, if a little on the short side. After looking up both teams, the Grinders look stronger, so they should probably take this.

• Like 1

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - Venom 2009
4.90 - Boratz
4.20 - DSkillz

FPA Calculation:
3 Total Votes cast
14.10 Total Combined Score
14.10 / 3 = 4.70 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Grinders: 4
Jem'Hadar: 3

THE BOTTOM LINE

Weyoun looked on in shock as the Grinders surrounded the last of the Jem’Hadar.  The soldiers had managed to destroy three of the robots, but the Grinders’ superior strength had outmatched them.  A final blast of weapons fire cut the Jem’Hadar down as two Grinders deactivated the force field that held Kilobyte.  Weyoun turned to run, only to have Kilobyte leap over him and land blocking his way. 

Weyoun smiled uneasily.  “Perhaps we could discuss terms of surrender?”  Kilobyte swung his sword, and Weyoun’s headless body dropped to the ground.  “I hope you find those ‘terms’ fair, simpering fool!”  The air began to hum with an unearthly wail.  Kilobyte turned to see the orange lake swell and crash, tendrils emerging from it and stretching towards the shore. 

“Open fire!” Kilobyte shouted.  The Grinders took aimed and fired their lasers at the tendrils.  They lurched backward into the lake as the robots continued to unleash the full force of their weapons.  The orange liquid began to blacken and turn to dust.  “Advance!” Kilobyte cried.  “I want this entire lake destroyed!”  The Grinders moved onto the lakebed, blasting the rapidly disappearing substance.  Kilobyte looked on with pride.  True, this planet wasn’t much to look at, but once they had eliminated the rest of the Dominion forces, it should be a perfect outpost for Venjix. 

JEM’HADAR REHAB: FAILED. 

PROJECT: REHAB CONTINUES. 

I like the ending. 🙂

On 7/28/2022 at 2:15 PM, Callisto said:

MATCH SCORE
Grinders: 4
Jem'Hadar: 3

Nice that the Grinders got a win in their first match. 😎

• Like 1