Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

Helena Shaw vs. Lori Quaid
MATCH SCORE
Helena Shaw: 2
Lori Quaid: 3

Match 18289 Species 8472 vs. The Upside Down

Commander’s log:

Have followed orders of Undine Tribunal. 

Investigated quantum singularity on outreaches of fluidic space with Dahut-class frigate,                accompanied by 3 Dactylus-class bioships. 

Used extreme caution mandated following the Borg incident. 

Pulled into singularity by unknown force. 

Frigate: severely damaged. 

Bioships: destroyed. 

Captain: killed. 

Pilot able to successfully land on surface of planet. 

Current Location: unknown. 

Hypothesis based on iconography found and cross referenced from acquired files: We have found Earth. 

The Commander looked out over the barren wastes that stretched out before him.  He stood on the roof of a decrepit building and glared at the red sky, punctuated by the occasional flash of lightning.  He heard the sound of the Scientist gingerly stepping across the roof to join him.  <Make your report.> he said telepathically. 

<Engineer is having some difficulty restoring power to the frigate.> the Scientist replied.  <He is attempting to repair the damage using elements from the crashed bioship.  It is unknown how long the process will take.>

<Take some Guardians off of watch to assist!> the Commander interrupted tersely, not even looking back his subordinate.  <The sooner we leave this wretched dimension and return to our own the better.> 

The Scientist nodded then stepped up alongside the Commander.  <Commander?> she asked.  <Are you certain that this is Earth?>  The Commander hissed and gestured towards the deserted streets below them.  <Look around!  The buildings!  The signs!  They all coincide with the data we have on this Federation!>  The Scientist watched as signs spun and squeaked on their moorings against the cloud filled sky.  <And yet, the Federation is supposed to be prosperous.  There’s no mention of squalor like this.> 

<A result of their many world wars, no doubt.> said the Commander. 

<Perhaps.  But there is… something else.  Haven’t you sensed it?>

The Commander let out a slight growl and looked back to the horizon.  <I have sensed nothing.>

<But I have.  There is a telepathic presence here.  Permeating this entire landscape.  And it’s as if it is… watching us. Observing us.> 

<Enough!> The Commander spun and grabbed the Scientist by the throat.  She clutched his arm and choked as the Commander’s eyes narrowed.  <I will hear no more of this!  There is nothing on this planet!  Do you understand?  And if I sense that you have told the crew any of this…> 

The air was suddenly filled with a howl of pain and the sound of laser fire.  The Commander released his grip and hurried to the stairs, followed by the wheezing scientist. 

They galloped through the debris filled streets as fast as their three legs could carry them.  The growls and mental screams grew louder.  <It’s coming from the crash site!> the Scientist warned.  <Arm yourself!> the Commander ordered.  He tightened his fist and his gauntlet began to glow, ready to fire. 

They rounded the corner and saw the scene.  An Undine Guardian lay dead in the street.  On top of him was a monstrous figure.  It’s emaciated body resembled a biped humanoid.  Other Guardians opened fire with their gauntlets as the creature gnawed on the head of it’s helpless prey.  The creature whirled around to see the Commander and the Scientist.  It opened it’s flower petal like mouth and unveiled rows and rows of teeth as it roared at them. 

Two Undine leapt onto the beast and grabbed hold of it, trying to bring it down.  But the creature threw them off it’s body.  One managed to strike the beast with it’s claws, causing it to scream in pain as the Undine immune cells went to work eating at it from the inside out.  <Fire!  Kill it now!> the Commander ordered.  The Guardians raised their gauntlets and fired at the beast.  It gave one last howl of agony, then fell in a crumpled heap to the ground. 

The Commander marched past the creature.  <Report!>  One of the Guardians stepped forward.  <It came out of nowhere, sir.  We only picked up a slight telepathic disturbance before it attacked.  It killed three of our crew.> 

<Have the files we’ve acquired on the Federation speak of creatures like these?> the Scientist asked wryly. 

<No, they do not.> the Commander coldly replied.  <Get back to work on the ship!  We must leave this dimension before the singularity collapses.> 

There was a piercing whine that rang out in the minds of all of the Undine.  They could all hear the sound of a quiet, threatening voice. 

<I can see you.  I can feel you.  I’ve allowed you to see what I have made.  But now, your time is over.  In this place, this is where your story ends.> 

The Undine all struggled to their feet as the voice faded away.  <What was that?> the Commander snapped.  <It appears,> the Scientist said with a hint of sarcasm.  <To be a telepathic force.  And we have invaded it’s space.> 

The thunder began to get louder and the lightning flashed with even more fury.  The air was becoming filled the sounds of unearthly howls.  <Guard the ship!> the Commander ordered.  <Engineer!  Get the engines online!  We will deal with these impure organisms until you are prepared.  Stand ready!>  All the Undine charged up their gauntlets and prepared for the first wave of Demogorgons to strike. 

OK:

There are 10 Species 8472 (Undine).  They are using gauntlet/laser weapons based on the Trek video game they appeared in. 

They must hold off the forces of the Upside Down long enough for them to make repairs and escape. 

Game On! 

Great job! This was really good!

I dont know too much about Species 8472 but from what I have read, I think they may be able to make the repairs and escape. My thoughts, we have seen the protagonists of Stranger Things go in the Upside down and survive on different occasions. Granted they are not there long and sometimes 11 is there to help against the powerful beings. 

I think Species 8472 could survive long enough and hold off the demogorgons or whatever there are long enough 

• Like 1

Well, well, I just added The Upside Down and it's already seeing action. 

Anyways, I think 8472 can hold off the denizens of the Upside Down long enough to escape. I'm assuming the game you referred to is Star Trek Elite Force? But yeah Undine regularly tear Borg drones apart I think they've got this.  

• Like 1

Good Match! I give the setup a 5.0.

• Like 1

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.00 - Mercenaryblade
4.90 - Boratz
5.00 - Venom 2009

FPA Calculation:
3 Total Votes cast
13.90 Total Combined Score
13.90 / 3 = 4.63 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Species 8472: 3
The Upside Down: 2

• Like 1

And so the alien invaders held fast against the horde of beasts sent to devour them.  They brought down creature after creature until finally they were able to restore their little ship’s power.  They scurried inside and flew through the doorway that led out of my domain. 

Not the ending you were expecting? 

It was not what your friend broadway was anticipating, either. 

He believed he was writing a story out of his own small imagination. 

But he was merely being given a glimpse of what I wanted him to see. 

The one you know as broadwaybeyonder is mine now. 

I can see you. 

Even as you are reading this line, asking the same question all of your kind asks: Why? 

I am returning. 

The walls between worlds are breaking. 

Humans like you, obsessed with your fantasies, managed to have undone my plans in the past. 

Who better to be my heralds? 

My victims? 

Because there is another part of the story. 

The aliens did invade my realm. 

They did escape. 

But not all of them. 

Their Commander turned and ran, abandoning his crew. 

But my Demogorgons, as you call them, caught him and brought him before me. 

I was tempted to have my children rip him limb from limb. 

But then I realized. 

His strength. 

His telepathic abilities. 

If I were to combine these abilities to my Demogorgons…

Would you like to see my children now? 

˙dn ʞoo˥

1 hour ago, broadwaybeyonder said:

And so the alien invaders held fast against the horde of beasts sent to devour them.  They brought down creature after creature until finally they were able to restore their little ship’s power.  They scurried inside and flew through the doorway that led out of my domain. 

Not the ending you were expecting? 

It was not what your friend broadway was anticipating, either. 

He believed he was writing a story out of his own small imagination. 

But he was merely being given a glimpse of what I wanted him to see. 

The one you know as broadwaybeyonder is mine now. 

I can see you. 

Even as you are reading this line, asking the same question all of your kind asks: Why? 

I am returning. 

The walls between worlds are breaking. 

Humans like you, obsessed with your fantasies, managed to have undone my plans in the past. 

Who better to be my heralds? 

My victims? 

Because there is another part of the story. 

The aliens did invade my realm. 

They did escape. 

But not all of them. 

Their Commander turned and ran, abandoning his crew. 

But my Demogorgons, as you call them, caught him and brought him before me. 

I was tempted to have my children rip him limb from limb. 

But then I realized. 

His strength. 

His telepathic abilities. 

If I were to combine these abilities to my Demogorgons…

Would you like to see my children now? 

˙dn ʞoo˥

Damn we're screwed 

• Haha 1