MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

Helena Shaw vs. Lori Quaid
MATCH SCORE
Helena Shaw: 2
Lori Quaid: 3

Match 18232 Justice League (DCAU) vs. Nerdlucks/Monstars

It was closing time at the bar in Looney Tune Land.  The barkeeper waved to the customers as they exited.  “See you tomorrow, everybody!  That’s all, folks!” 

“That’s cuh cuh cuh babebabuh copyririright infringebabebababa Stealing!” 

“Yeah, yeah.  Have a good night, Porky!”   The door closed and the barkeeper started cleaning glasses when he heard someone clearing their throat.  “Another round, buddy.”  The barkeeper looked around the seemingly empty room, then looked down over the edge of the bar.  Sitting on the five stools were five glum looking aliens.  The barkeeper fumbled with the glass as Pound glared at him.  “You heard me!  Another round!” 

“Listen, fellas, I’m sorry.  But it’s closing time.  I’ve got get this place cleaned up for tomorrow.  We’ve got karaoke we need to set up and…”  The glass in the barkeeper’s hands exploded.  Smoke poured out the barrel of Pound’s laser pistol.  “You want to see what this can do to you, fella?”  The barkeeper moved at lightning speed to pour out bottles of green liquid into glasses for each of the Nerdlucks.  He tossed the keys on the table as he ran for the door.  “Oh, don’t mind me!  Take all the time you want!  Don’t forget to lock up!” 

The door to the bar slammed shut as Pound set the laser pistol on the table.  Blanko, the blue Nerdluck looked concerned.  “Man, you think you should’ve done that?” 

“Yes!” simpered the green Nerdluck Bang.  “What if he tells Mr. Bunny?”  Pound scrambled onto the bar to pick up his drink.  “Let ‘em!  I don’t care anymore!  We’ve been waiting for years for the Tunes to give us something to do around here!  And what have they given us?  Bupkus!” 

“Me, Pound?” asked the purple Nerdluck.  “No, you Bupkus,” said Nawt, the red Nerdluck.  “I’m Blanko,” said Blanko. 

“WILL YOU CUT THAT OUT?!” Pound screamed.  The Nerdlucks all fell silent.  Pound took a deep breath to steady his nerves.  “What I’m saying is that after that basketball game, the Looney Tunes have practically forgotten about us!” 

“Well, they did let us in a couple of those movies,” offered Bupkus.  Pound took a swig of his drink.  “Yeah.  Bit parts.  People didn’t even notice we were there!  We should be doing bigger things than just sitting around Looney Tune Land waiting for them to call us to be extras!” 

“I couldn’t agree with you more!”  Pound and the Nerdlucks looked around the bar in confusion.  “Who said that?” Pound asked. 

“Not me,” said Nawt. 

“It wasn’t me,” said Bupkus. 

“Sure wasn’t me,” said Bang. 

“Did somebody say something?” said Blanko. 

“Yes!” said the voice. “I did!  In here!”  The voice seemed to be emanating from Pound’s shot glass.  He looked down into the liquid, only for a figure to balloon out of the glass and hover in the air in front of him.  It was a figure about the same size as the Nerdluck’s, only dressed in a strange mask and a costume with a bat emblazoned on his chest. 

The Nerdlucks fell off their stools and cried out in surprise as Pound stared at the stranger.  “What kind of a Tune are you supposed to be?”  The stranger wringed the liquid from his cape.  “Tunes?  Please.  Those guys are soooo last century.  My name’s Bat-Mite!  I’m from the Fifth Dimension!” 

“Ooh, I love those guys!” said Blanko.  “Are you doin’ a concert or somethin’?”  Bat-Mite ignored Blanko and proceeded levitate above the bar in front of the Nerdlucks.  “I just popped in because I was thinking about giving you five fellas a chance to have some fun.” 

“Fun?” squeaked Bupkus.  “We like fun!” 

“What kind of fun?” asked Pound suspiciously.  Bat-Mite magically lifted the shot glass into his grip.  He tossed it into the air, and let it land spinning on the tip of his index finger.  The Nerdlucks oohed as the glass spun faster and faster until started to transform and grow into a basketball.  When it had changed completely, Bat-Mite held out the basketball and grinned.  “The fun you guys love better than anything else!” 

The Nerdlucks scramble across the floor away from the bar.  “Nonono!” said Bupkus.  “We can’t play basketball anymore!” said Bang.  “The only way we could would make the Tunes mad!” said Nawt.  “And I don’t have my jersey,” said Blanko. 

“Shut up, all of you!” Pound snapped.  He looked back at Bat-Mite, his eyes widening at the sight of the basketball.  “Just what do you get out this?” 

“Me?” asked Bat-Mire.  “Oh nothing!  Just a chance to see five talented athletes play the game again!  I mean, you don’t have to.  You can always sit around this dump waiting for you guys to get a streaming deal or something.”  Pound spun to face his fellow Nerdlucks.  “Well?  What’s the matter with you morons?  We are able to become the most powerful athletes in the universe!  Why should we wait for the Tunes?!  Let’s go out there, and show ‘em that the greatest basketball team ever is still… the MONSTARS!”  The Nerdlucks all cheered and squeaked excitedly.  “Um, Pound?” interrupted Blanko.  “Who are we gonna get to play us?” 

“Don’t worry, blueman,” said Bat-Mite, his devious grin reflecting off the basketball.  “Not only do I know where we can find some talent for you, but I know just the team of suckers for you play against!” 

The air was electric in the arena.  The risers were filled with cheering fans as flashing lights strobed above the basketball court.  “Hello, everybody!  I’m Ernie Johnson from Inside the NBA, and welcome to Gotham City Sportatorium for tonight’s charity match between Team All-Star and Team Justice!”  The crowd roared as Ernie waved from center court.  “Glad to see so much enthusiasm from you fans here tonight, and I assure you, you won’t be disappointed!  Two teams, one made up of the NBA’s best.  The other, an assemblage of some of Earth’s bravest heroes.  Just remember that no matter who wins, all the proceeds from this event will be going to the Gotham City Youth Basketball Program, a great cause.  So, are you all ready to get started?”  Another explosion of cheers from the crowd erupted.  “Okay then!  Then it’s time to throw it to our special guest announcer: Gotham Insider’s own, Jack Ryder!” 

Ernie handed the microphone over to Jack who waved to the crowd and took a deep breath before beginning.  “Ladies and gentlemen, introducing first, the starting line-up of Team All-Star!”  The crowd went berserk as the NBA’s finest jogged onto the court.  “At point guard, representing the Golden State Warriors, Stephen Curry!   Also at guard, representing the Atlanta Hawks, Trae Young!  The man in the middle, representing the Denver Nuggets, Nikola Jokic!  At forward, representing the Milwaukee Bucks, Giannis Antetokounmpo!   And the team captain, representing the Los Angeles Lakers, LeBron James!”  The rest of Team All-Star made their way to the bench as the starters moved to the baseline under their basket.  “And now,” proclaimed Jack.  “The starting line-up for Team Justice!  At guard, hailing from the open road, Vigilante!”  Dressed in a white jersey and shorts with gold trim and number, and still wearing his bandana over his face, Vigilante ran onto the floor and acknowledged the crowd.  “At forward, hailing from the court of King Arthur, the Shining Knight!”  Sir Justin was slightly more uncomfortable looking as he made his way next to Vigilante.  “Ha!  Did I tell ya, or did I tell ya?” Vigilante shouted over the fans to Sir Justin.  “Is this amazin’ or what?  Just like those tournaments you talked about!” 

“They certainly are in good spirits,” said Sir Justin.  “I will do my utmost to not disappoint them.”  Vigilante rolled his eyes.  “Sir Justin, just relax.  It’s a basketball game not a fight to the death.” 

“At center,” Jack went on.  “Hailing from Metropolis, Steel!”  There was some laughter among the cheers at the odd sight of the man in basketball gear wearing a metal helmet.  “Just remember what we went over in practice,” he said to Shining Knight and Vigilante.  “It’s a charity game, but that doesn’t mean we have to get our butts kicked.” 

“At forward, hailing from New York City, Vixen!”  Vixen walked out of the tunnel to the cheers and whistles from the crowd.  Vigilante winked at Shining Knight.  “Betcha they didn’t have anything lookin’ like that at those ol’ tournaments.”  Shining Knight cleared his throat as Vixen jogged over to them.  “Yes.  I should say not.” 

“Down, fellas,” said Steel good naturedly.  “Unless you want to be on the business end of John’s ring when this is over.”  Vixen nodded and smiled at her teammates.  “Ready to go, boys?” 

“Yes, ma’am!” said Vigilante.  “Nice work on the duds by the way!” 

“Well, Fire and Ice were a big help, cowboy.  Took a while to find material that looked good, fit right and was fireproof.”  The crowd started to get louder with anticipation as Jack made the final introduction.  “And the team captain, from Gotham City, Black Canary!”  The fans exploded with excitement for their hometown hero.  Black Canary took a moment to soak in the applause before joining her team at their bench on the sideline.  The rest of Team Justice followed after Black Canary, with Ice pointing excitedly at who was on the All-Star team.  “Look, Bea!  It’s Jokic!  And Durant!  And there’s Gobert!  And there’s the other one you were telling me about!  Ante… Ante…” 

“Antetokounmpo,” Fire chuckled.  “I know, I see them.” 

“Alright, people,” said Black Canary.  “I know we’re all excited, but let’s put on a good show for these fans.  Stargirl?  You and S.T.R.I.P.E. be ready to be first to relieve Vixen and Steel.  And remember, the deal is no powers.  So keep them under control.” 

“Why did you look at me when you said that?” asked Elongated Man. 

The lights in the arena began to flicker off and on, drawing sounds of confusion from the crowd.  “Someone forget to pay the electric bill around here?” Vigilante asked.  “Um, guys?!” said Stargirl, pointing at the All-Star bench.  “I think we got a problem.”  The heroes turned to see that the entire All-Star team was twisting and contorting, some even crying out in pain.  Five strange glowing lights emerged from their bodies and dived into a basketball that rolled onto the court.  The basketball started to shine, and five short, alien figures emerged.  “Are these the mascots you told me of?” asked Shining Knight.  Black Canary moved in front of the team.  “Be on your guard, people.”  She looked beyond the aliens to see all ten members of Team All-Star were down on the floor unconscious.  “What have you done to them?” she shouted. 

“Oh, don’t worry!” said Bupkus.  “They’ll be just fine!” 

“Right after we show you people what real basketball players look like!” shouted Pound.  The Nerdlucks placed their hands on the basketball, and their bodies began to grow.  The Justice Leaguers looked on in astonishment as the once harmless looking aliens grew into the enormous Monstars. 

“Man, it’s great to be tall again!” said Blanko. 

“Yeah!  Now we can dunk all over these wimps!” snarled Bang. 

“Um, does anyone have a clue what’s going on here?” asked S.T.R.I.P.E.  “Oh, try to keep up, tin man!” a voice cried out from above the JLU team.  They looked up to see Bat-Mite in a referee outfit.  “They’re the Monstars!  And they’re here to play the greatest game of basketball ever!” 

“And just who are you supposed to be?” asked Fire.  “Hold on,” said Steel.  “You’re that little guy that Superman fought.  Mxy something or other?” 

“Puh-lease!” Bat-Mite scoffed.  “I’m not that has been!  I’m Bat-Mite!  Batman’s biggest fan from the Fifth Dimension!  What could be cooler and more retro than to have Batman play a game of basketball against the most dangerous team in the galaxy?!”  The JLU team looked confused as Bat-Mite lowered himself to the ground and looked around the arena.  “So?  Where is he?” 

“Look, um, Bat-Mite,” said Black Canary.  “I’m sorry to disappoint you, but Batman isn’t here.  In fact, he isn’t even in Gotham.  He’s on a mission off-world with Superman.  So how about you and your friends reverse what you did to those players?”  Bat-Mite petulantly shook his head.  “Uh uh.  I want to see a basketball game!  Hmm.  But if I’m not going to get it, I guess I can settle for having my team smash up Gotham City!  That would be fun!” 

Steel lunged for Bat-Mite.  “Don’t even think about it, you….!” Bat-Mite teleported out of way, sending Steel sprawled out on the court.  Bat-Mite reappeared in front of Black Canary grinning.  “Or are you second rate heroes going to play nice?”  Black Canary looked to her team, than back to Bat-Mite.  “Alright.  We’ll play.  But there needs to be some rules.”  Bat-Mite pointed at his ref shirt.  “Sure!  Of course!  I can be the ref!  Er, what rules?” 

“First off, you keep your team on the court.  No hurting the fans in the building.”  Bat-Mite groaned.  “Ugh, fine.  What else?” 

“Well, I assume your team has stolen the strength of the All-Stars to get so big.  If we win, you return the All-Stars to normal.” 

“Yeah, yeah, whatever.  Is that all?” 

“Well, with all that strength and basketball knowledge, I think you should let us even the odds.”  Bat-Mite thought for a moment, then his face lit up.  “I got it!  And it’ll make this game even better!” 

Bat-Mite snapped his fingers, and Team Justice was surrounded in light.  When the light faded, the fans cheered to see the JLU team had magically received their gear and weapons.  Shining Knight, Steel, and S.T.R.I.P.E. wore their armor under their jerseys, Stargirl had her staff, and Vigilante had his pistols.  Ice generated a blast of frozen energy around her fist as Fire went into her flame form and Elongated Man stretched out until he was as tall as the Monstars.  Vixen touched her amulet as she took Black Canary’s side at center court across from the aliens.  “Hope all that practice pays off,” she muttered to Canary.  “Stay focused, Mari,” Canary whispered back.  “Oh yeah,” said Bat-Mite as he hovered between the two teams with the ball.  “And if my Monstars win, they’ll get to take your talents too.  Deal?”  Black Canary gave a last look to her team, and they all nodded.  “Deal.” 

“Great!”  Bat-Mite shouted.  The lights of the arena switched on to normal.  The crowd began to roar as Bat-Mite heaved the basketball into the air.  “Play ball!” 

OK:

Justice League:                                                  Monstars

Black Canary (Captain/Point Guard)         Pound (Captain/Power Forward)

Vigilante (Shooting Guard)                           >Talent-Lebron James/Kevin Durant

Fire (Shooting Guard)                                     Bang (Center)   

Ice (Small Forward)                                         >Talent-Joel Embiid/Karl-Anthony Townes

Stargirl (Small Forward)                                 Bupkus (Power Forward)

Vixen (Small Forward)                                    >Talent-Giannis Antetokounmpo/Draymond Green

Elongated Man (Power Forward)              Blanko (Center)

Shining Knight (Power Forward)                >Talent-Nikola Jokic/Rudy Gobert

Steel (Center)                                                    Nawt (Point Guard)

S.T.R.I.P.E. (Center)                                         >Talent-Stephen Curry/Trae Young

Regulation game of basketball.  Bat-Mite is the referee, and all powers are allowed, so same leniency with the rules and fouls as the Space Jam movies. 

Game On! 

Learn More About
Justice League (DCAU)
Read more about Justice League (DCAU) at Wikipedia
Official Site: DC Comics Inc. Links: wikipedia JLU information JLU animation and biographies JLU toys and games

Nerdlucks/Monstars
Read more about Nerdlucks/Monstars at Wikipedia
Official Site: Warner Bros. Links: Wikipedia Looney Tunes Wiki Space Jam

Another very good set-up, broadway. I just finished watching JLU this year, so I can say right now that you've managed to portray the Justice League members about as they were by the end of the show. You have the Nerdlucks and Bat-Mite down pat as well. 

As for the match ... 

On 6/2/2022 at 11:30 AM, broadwaybeyonder said:

and all powers are allowed, so same leniency with the rules and fouls as the Space Jam movies. 

So in other words, almost no rules whatsoever. :D 

Well, the League could possibly give the Monstars a good game since they can use their powers, but they've probably only actually practiced ball leading up to this game. The Monstars, however, have the stolen talents of some of the NBA's very best, as well as a healthy dose of something even the League members might have trouble countering: toon force. It took a combo of the Looney Tunes and vintage Michael Jordan to beat them last time, but I'm not sure even they could deal with the Monstars' own toon force and the combined talents of ten NBA superstars (including one that many say rivals MJ himself as the G.O.A.T.). 

All-in-all, I'd say the Monstars' combination of superstar talent and toon force wins the game for them. 

• Like 1

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.90 - leroypowell3
4.80 - DSkillz
5.00 - Venom 2009

FPA Calculation:
3 Total Votes cast
14.70 Total Combined Score
14.70 / 3 = 4.90 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Justice League (DCAU): 1
Nerdlucks/Monstars: 2

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Callisto said:

MATCH SCORE
Justice League (DCAU): 1
Nerdlucks/Monstars: 2

😮 Ok, where was the DC fans for this. But still, nice that the Monstars got a win in their first match. 😉

• Like 1

THE BOTTOM LINE

There was 2 minutes left on the clock.  The score was 98 to 91, Monstars in the lead.  Black Canary inbounded the ball to Shining Knight who dribbled down the floor, only to be blocked by Bupkus.  “Might as well give it up, Lancelot!” he snarled.  Black Canary gave out a Canary Cry that sent the purple Monstar flying into Blanko.  “Go, Knight!” she shouted.  Nawt charged into her and sent her to the floor.  “You can’t help ‘em now!” he taunted.

Shining Knight dodged around Pound and ran in for the lay-up.  “YEEHAW!” cheered Vigilante from the bench.  “That’s the way, Sir Justin!”  Bat-Mite snapped his fingers and teleported the ball to Bang.  “Why don’t you do somethin’?” Bang growled.  “Umm, helloooo?” said Bat-Mite pointing at his referee shirt.  “I’m supposed to be an impartial official!” 

“Never mind that pipsqueak!”  Pound yelled.  “Just get me the ball!”  Bang threw the ball in with one hand and Pound caught it.  S.T.R.I.P.E. launched himself at the Monstar, firing a salvo of bullets.  But they ricocheted off Pound’s body and he threw the ball at S.T.R.I.P.E. with such force that it made a dent in his helmet.  A hard shoulder check sent S.T.R.I.P.E. crashing into the first row of chairs.  “Pat!” cried Stargirl.  Pound passed the ball over her head and over to Nawt who crossed over Ice and passed it back to Blanko.  The blue Monstar slammed the ball into the basketball to the boos of the crowd.  100-93, Monstars, 1:30 to go in the game. 

“Time!” Black Canary shouted.  Bat-Mite snapped his fingers and hourglass appeared in mid-air next to him.  “Make it quick.  I don’t got all day.  And neither do you.”  The teams ran to their benches.  “I’m sorry, I let him get passed me,” apologized Ice.  “Don’t worry about it, Tora,” said Black Canary.  “We’re still in this.  Steel?  You’re going in for S.T.R.I.P.E.  Watch out for green one.  Stargirl, you help Pat with his armor.  Vixen?  You go in for Ice, and Fire goes in for Stargirl.  Got it?” 

“Got it!” shouted Team Justice. 

“Just keep poundin’ them, boys, and we’ve got this in the bag!” urged Pound. 

“Um, dude?  How can I pound on them, when you’re Pound?” asked Blanko. 

“Just win, idiot!” snapped Pound. 

Bat-Mite blew his whistle.  “Okay, enough small talk!  Back to the game!” 

Shining Knight passed the ball to Black Canary, who was instantly double teamed by Nawt and Blanko.  Fire ignited into her flame form and took off into the air.  “Canary!  Over here!” she shouted.  Canary spotted her, and in a swift motion hip tossed Nawt and spun around Blanko.  She tossed the ball up to Fire who flew across the floor, being sure to dribble the ball as she did.  She dodged Pound only to run into Bang.  “So you like playing with fire, huh, girlie?”  He open his mouthed and roared as a blast of fiery breath engulfed Fire.  The crowd gasped at the sight, only to cheer at the sight of Fire still sheathed in her flames, smiling condescendingly as Bang’s flame blast faded out.  “Okay.  My turn.”  She launched two fire balls at Bang’s sneakers, causing to jump up and down and scream in pain.  She then pulled up from the three-point line and nailed the shot.  The Monstars lead had been reduced to 4. 

“Yay, Bea!” cheered Tora.  Fire pumped her fist and waved to the crowd as he headed back on defense.  “Now that’s what I call being on fi…”  Her boast was cut short as Bupkus’ hand slapped her out of the sky.  “NO!” screamed Ice.  “That rotten, eggplant lookin’ varmint!” grumbled Vigilante.  He loaded his pistols as Steel squared off with Bupkus.  “Vixen!  Get Fire to the bench!” Black Canary ordered.  “Vigilante’s coming in!”  Vixen touched her amulet, summoning cheetah speed to dart passed the Monstars and pick up the unconscious Fire.  Swiftly laying her down on the Justice League bench, she and Vigilante ran back onto the court.  Vigilante laid cover fire for Vixen to scatter Nawt and Blanko.  Vixen sneaked behind Bupkus as he continued to try to muscle passed Steel.  “I’ll turn you into a garbage can, little man!” 

“Tougher people than you have tried!” Steel said through gritted teeth.  Vixen knocked the ball from Bupkus clutches, touched her amulet again, and summoned the agility of a mamba.  She leapt up over Pound and Bang and lunged forward to the three-point line.  Blanko stood in her way, but she slid under his legs, and threw up a fade away three pointer.  In rattled against the rim, then dropped.  100-99, Monstars, with 40 seconds to go. 

“Time out!” Vixen yelled to Bat-Mite.  “Yeah, yeah, yeah.  It’s your last one, so make it count.”  Team Justice gathered around Vixen.  “That was incredible!” said Stargirl.  “Eh.  Just a little mamba mentality,” grinned Vixen.  “We need just one more shot,” said Black Canary.  “We need one big defensive stop, then we need someone to score just two points and we win this thing.  S.T.R.I.P.E.?  How are you feeling?”  The hero gave a thumbs up.  “I’m fine, coach.  Put me in.”  Black Canary grinned.  “Thanks, Pat.  It's going to be you and Steel in with me.  Don’t hold anything back.  Keep these meatheads away from the basket.  Vixen?  You stay open to make the shot.  And if you can’t…”  Black Canary paused to take a deep breath, then turned to Elongated Man.  “Ralph, it’s up to you.”  Elongated Man looked startled.  “You mean it?  You… you’re putting me in?” 

“With your power, you should be able to slip past their defense easily.  If Vixen get’s double teamed again, get open and make the shot.  Can you do it?”  Elongated Man gulped then nodded.  “For the Justice League?  Yes, ma’am.” 

The whistle screeched and the teams took the floor again.  Bang inbounded to Nawt, who was covered by Vixen as he made it passed halfcourt.  He snarled and growled as he tried to shake Vixen but she stayed with him, until he finally was forced to pass to Pound.  Pound dribbled out the clock and glanced around the floor, but Bang was now covered by S.T.R.I.P.E. and Steel was swinging his hammer at Bupkus’ head.  Black Canary screamed her cry and the force of it pushed Pound backwards towards the sideline.  Bat-Mite teleported over to watch as Bang struggled to hold his ground.  “Get too close, and I’ll be forced to call you out of bounds!” he chided.  “AWWW SHUT UP!” Pound roared.  He threw the ball in alley oop pass up to Blanko.  The blue Monstar leapt for the slam dunk, only for Elongated man to extend himself up to his height and knock the ball away.  The buzzer sounded.  There was only 15 seconds left, and the Monstars had a one point lead. 

“This is it, people!” Black Canary urged.  She passed the ball to Vixen, who was instantly covered by Bang and Bupkus.  Steel and S.T.R.I.P.E stormed in, but Pound and Blanko jumped in to take their place.  Vixen looked around the floor but Black Canary was fighting with Nawt.  Only one person was left open. 

“Ralph!” Vixen hurled the ball ahead to Elongated Man, who streatched out to catch it.  He was at halfcourt with 7 seconds left.  He stretched out his arm as fast as he could, leaping towards the basket that was 40 feet away.  Pound spun around to see the hero’s arm stretch to the rim.  “Not again!” he cried.  He tackled Elongated Man, but the arm continued to stretch.  It was inches from the basket…

Just as Blanko swatted it away and the buzzer sounded.  Final score: Monstars-100, Team Justice-99. 

The crowd sat stunned in their seats.  Team Justice looked on dumbfounded as the Monstars cheered, high fived, and celebrated their victory.  “They won!” Bat-Mite crowed.  “They won!  My team won!”  Elongated Man looked defected at the hardwood.  “I almost made it.  If only I stretched a little faster…”  Black Canary put her hand on his shoulder.  “You did your best, Ralph.  That’s all anyone can ask.” 

“Oh, spare me the Hallmark speech!” Bat-Mite said.  “You lost, we won!  End of discussion!  Oh!  But not quite the end, because there is the matter of our wager.  Boys?  Sick ‘em!”  The Monstars chuckled evilly as they morphed into transparent protoplasm.  They swarmed around the Justice League, causing them to cry out in pain as their powers and abilities were drained from them.  In seconds, the Monstars stood tall, experimenting with their elastic bodies and projections of ice and fire, all while the Justice League lay unconscious where they fell.  “Yes!” Bat-Mite cheered.  “My team!  The greatest team ever assembled!  We’ll take on everybody!  The rest of the Justice League!  The Green Lanterns!  The New Gods!  GOLDEN STATE!!!” 

“Ehhh, what’s up, Doc?”  The celebration on the court fell silent at the sight of Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck standing under the basket, arms folded.  The Monstars shuffled their feet sheepishly.  “Uh, hey, Mr. Bunny.  Hey, Mr. Duck,” said Blanko.  “Don’t give us that ‘mister’ stuff, mister!” Daffy snapped.  “You maroons are some serious trouble!” 

“Um, Daffy?” interrupted Bugs.  “Better let me handle this?” 

“Huh?  Oh, yeah, sure.” 

“You two Tunes can just toddle on back to Looney Tune Land,” said Bat-Mite.  “My buddies don’t need you holding them down anymore!  Not with me as their manager!”  Bugs gave a side eye to the Monstars, then back to Bat-Mite.  “Manager?  You?  I really didn’t think they needed a manager.  Certainly not a chump like you.”  Bat-Mite bristled at the insult.  “Do you have any clue who you’re talking to?!  I’m a citizen of the Fifth Dimension!  I have powers that your harebrained mind couldn’t begin to comprehend!”  Bugs rolled his and pointed to the Monstars.  “Oh, sure.  You say that, but from what I can see, these fellas are the ones doing all the work.  They stole those NBA guys talent.  They played the game.  They won the game.  They stole these Justice League types powers.  Seems they’re the ones with all the power here.  Doncha think, Daff?”  Daffy looked confused, but then nodded.  “Oh, yes!  Absolutely!  All powerful, that’s for sure!”  Steam was starting to come out of Bat-Mite’s ears.  “They aren’t more powerful than me!” 

“You?” chuckled Bugs.  “Some half-pint in a costume you made in Home Ec?  I bet you couldn’t even take their powers away and put them back where they stole them from.” 

“Oh, you think so do you?!”  Bat-Mite began to grow bigger and bigger until his head bumped into the score board.  “I’ll show you REAL power!” he ranted.  “Just watch me!”  He extended his arms and lightning shot from his fingertips and enveloped the Monstars.  They cried out in pain as their stolen abilities were sucked away.  As they began to shrink, Bat-Mite sent the bolts of light into each of the NBA players and Justice Leaguers.  After a few seconds, the lights returned to normal, the Nerdlucks were swimming out from under their jerseys, and their unconscious victims were struggling to their feet.  Bat-Mite turned back to Bugs with a cocky smile.  “See?  Who’s all powerful now?”  Bugs took a bite out of his carrot and shrugged.  “I guess you got me, doc.  Daffy!  Now!”  Daffy pulled a stick of dynamite out of plumage and tossed it.  “Present for Mr. Bat-Mite!”  Bat-Mite caught the dynamite and absent mindedly looked at it.  “A present?  For me?  How very nice of…” 

KABOOM! 

The dynamite exploded and sent Bat-Mite, his face covered with soot, flying backwards.  Bugs pulled out a black spot, stretched it wide, and laid it on the floor.  Bat-Mite dropped in and disappeared.   Bugs quickly picked up the spot, tore it into pieces, and tossed the pieces in a trash can.  “Did you see how well I threw that?” Daffy asked eagerly.  “I should probably talk to Warners of getting some more action-adventure roles!” 

“Some other time maybe, huh, Daff?” Bugs said.  He turned to the Nerdlucks.  “Right now, we’ve got some business to take care of with our little friends here.” 

“Aw, come on, Mr. Bunny,” whined Pound.  “We were just playin’!” said Bupkus.  “We didn’t mean to hurt nobody!” moaned Nawt.  “It was all that Bat-Mite’s idea!” said Bang.  “I’m hungry,” said Blanko. 

Bugs and Daffy shared a look.  “Well, first thing is that we’re going to take you all back to Looney Tune Land,” said Bugs, as he walked the Nerdlucks to the rabbit hole on the sidelines.  “Where you’ll start by fixing the mess you made at that bar.” 

“Yes!” Daffy said.  “You scared our bartender so bad, he wouldn’t come back to work!  And I wasn’t able to have my karaoke night!”  Bugs smirked at Daffy as he dived into the rabbit hole.  “Well, that’s one silver lining to all this.  Alright, everybody in the hole!”  Groaning the Nerdlucks hopped in after Daffy, followed by Bugs. 

The NBA players and Justice Leaguers had finally reclaimed their senses after the Tunes had left.  They looked at each other and around the Sportatorium, the fans continuing to cheer.  “Sooooo, does anyone have a clue what happened?” asked Steph Curry.  “I’m not sure, Steph,” replied Black Canary, looking out at the crowd.  “But I think these fans are still in the mood for some basketball.  And you guys still owe us a game.  If you’re up for it.”  Steph glanced at the All-Stars then grinned.  “These guys?  Oh yeah.  We’re up for it.”  The teams went back to the benches.  “Ready for another game, Sir Justin?” asked Vigilante.  “Yes,” replied Shining Knight.  “I think I’m beginning to get a grasp on the game.” 

“That’s good to hear, Sir Justin,” said Black Canary.  “Now, we’ll go with the normal starting line-up.  Just remember that if the game gets close…” She shot a look at Elongated Man.  “Don’t give the ball to Ralph.” 

“Oh boy.”