Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

The Grand Hunt R1 - Cad Bane vs. Fortnite Island

SSJRuss

The Grand Hunt

Round ONE

Challenge: SURVIVE FORTNITE ISLAND

After years of jobs, Cad Bane had seen it all. Clones, Droids, Hutts, Jedi and Sith... and none of them had outlasted his range. As far as he was concerned, he was the best hand in the business.

"Bane, you got a message while you were out," Cad's droid companion, Todo stated.

"Yeah?" Cad closed the door of his temp apartment and sat in his swivel chair, decoding the message. "An invitation? Interesting."

"It appears you've been invited to a contest of champion bounty hunters from across multiple universes," Todo informed him.

Cad put the datapad down, "You mean to tell me you've read it already?"

"Well... of course. I can read much faster than you, after all." said Todo.

Cad grumbled a response, clearly annoyed by his over helpful droid. Todo, continued however, "It was sent by one 'Verse City Commissioner'. I am not familiar with that title."

"I am," Cad responded. He stood, restocking his supplies from around the room. Ammo packs, stims, toothpicks... "I made some contacts in Verse City last year when I took that job in Toontown. Got wind that this Commissioner would be looking for talent. Surprised it took them this long to reach out."

"I have no record of any job in Toontown. Or Verse City," Todo said with concern.

"That's because I left you here for repairs. You're core was damaged," Cad finished his sweep of the room and knelt in front of the droid.

"Oh my! Not my core!" Todo was then silenced, taking a datachip from Cad's hand.

"Don't worry you're little droid head about it. Now listen, I'm going to the rendezvous coordinates on the invitation. I need you to take a trip to Verse City while I'm there."

"But-What will I be doing when I get there?"

Cad returned to the door, tilting his head back to Todo before leaving "Just keep your circuits straight and your ears open. I'll be in touch."

The door closed behind him, leaving Todo in the room alone. "But I don't have ears!"

Cad Bane answered the invitation and was one of the first to arrive at the briefing. As expected, the Commissioner greeted them and explained this contest of his design. There wasn't much to it, turns out. Complete a couple of challenges and be crowned the Grand Champion when everyone else failed.

But some in attendance weren't pleased.

"This game will take too long!, A snarl came from a four armed alien Cad Bane wasn't familiar with. "I suggest we battle now and see who stands victor." The alien could probably tell Cad was judging him, because he directed his glare at him instead of the Commissioner.

"This isn't a bar fight big man," Cad Bane said, ignoring him and slouched in his seat. "This contest is the real deal, ain't that right Commissioner?"

The Commissioner just nodded a response and continued.

"You'll each compete every round but your challenges will not the same as others. You'll be grouped at random on what your challenge will be. Observe," With a flick of his wrist, the Commissioner changed the project slide to three different maps- An isolated island, a mountain side, and Madison Square Garden.

"Because there are nine of you, this round has been divided into three challenges. You'll see the maps are highlighted with a different color, those will correspond with your icons. Your matching color is your challenge. Simple, yes?"

Cad Bane didn't need to hear more. His challenge was on the island and he just need to outlast the others. Nothing he hadn't done before.

Cad Bane must survive and win a standard (100 player) Battle Royale match of Fortnite.

4 hours ago, SSJRuss said:

I promise, this will be the last time I use Fortnite Island for awhile 😅

Aw come on man. Now that I know what this is Fortnite is a cool opponent for a lot of people.

This one, I can see Cad falling at some point. He's a planner not a gurilla warrior. Dropped in like this, he's eventually going to get surprised by a good player.

9 minutes ago, Mercenaryblade said:

I like this set up and that Cad Bane is in the competition. I think he stands just as much a chance as Hunter, if not better.

You should have Erron Black join the fun. 

I had a lot of hunters in this competition but had to cut it down because it was just waaaaay to many. I believe Erron got cut, but he'll probably get used if I do another.

Been wanting to use Cad and I think he adds some interesting dynamics to the story.

18 hours ago, leroypowell3 said:

This one, I can see Cad falling at some point. He's a planner not a gurilla warrior. Dropped in like this, he's eventually going to get surprised by a good player.

Didn't think of him this way but I see what you mean. He is much more methodical as a hunter and usually resorts to retreating if he gets outnumbered. I could see him waiting out other competitors and just taking out the last few to earn a victory.

On 5/29/2022 at 2:39 PM, SSJRuss said:

I promise, this will be the last time I use Fortnite Island for awhile 😅

Hey, if it helps build up Fortnite Island’s fight record, use it as many times as you like. 😉

Anyway, I like the match and I give the setup a 5.0.

Good set-up, Russ. I'm not familiar with much of the Star Wars universe, but the match seems to be a good indicator of what Cad Bane is about. 

As for the match, after looking it up, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Fortnite Island is supposed to be named the Battle Royal Island. A glance at the island's challenges tells me that Bane may have a good shot at getting through them.

7 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Good set-up, Russ. I'm not familiar with much of the Star Wars universe, but the match seems to be a good indicator of what Cad Bane is about. 

As for the match, after looking it up, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Fortnite Island is supposed to be named the Battle Royal Island. A glance at the island's challenges tells me that Bane may have a good shot at getting through them.

I know I've seen both naming for it. Most of the time I see them just call it The Island but I didn't think that would be easy to find in the database.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.00 - broadwaybeyonder
4.60 - DSkillz
5.00 - Venom 2009
4.60 - Mercenaryblade

FPA Calculation:
4 Total Votes cast
18.20 Total Combined Score
18.20 / 4 = 4.55 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Cad Bane: 5