Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

Match 18184 Speedy Gonzales vs. The Rogues (Flash Villains)

In a crowded cantina in Sonora, no one noticed the small, mouse girl in a white dress making her way across the floor.  She carefully moved around the boots of patrons drinking their beers until she made it to the corner of the building, where a group of mice sat at a makeshift table playing cards.  The mouse girl cleared her throat.  “Por favor, señores,” she said softly.  “Could someone please help me?  I’m looking for Speedy Gonzales.” 

“You and every other chica in Mexico,” one of the mice snickered.  The mouse girl bit her lip embarrassed as the other mice laughed raucously.  “Please.  I simply must find Señor Speedy.  Won’t somebody please help me?”  The mice all stopped laughing and looked in terror behind the mouse girl.  She turned around to see an enormous brown furred cat licking it’s lips behind her. 

The other mice knocked the table over in their rush to escape, but the mouse girl was quicky caught in cat’s clutches.  She struggled to free herself from his paws as he sneered at her.  “Tell you what, mousey.  I can’t help you, but you could sure help me… making my dinner!”  The mouse girl closed her eyes tight as the cat held her up by her tail and slowly lowered her toward his open mouth. 

“YEE HAAAAA!”  The sudden cry sent the cat leaping into the air in surprise, throwing the mouse girl loose.  His claws got caught in the ceiling and left him hanging upside down.  The mouse girl squeaked in terror as she tumbled through space, only to feel a pair of strong arms catching her.  She opened her eyes to see the face of a mouse, dressed in white, with a red bandana, and a sombrero.  He smiled down the girl mouse as she tried to catch her breath.  “Buenas noches, señorita!  Do you drop in here often?” 

“You… you… are you Speedy Gonzales?  The fastest mouse in all Mexico?” 

“At your service, señorita.  Now, do you have a pretty name to go with that pretty face of yours?” 

The mouse girl blushed as she replied.  “Felisa, señor.  Oh, Señor Speedy!  I’ve been looking for you for days!  I need your help!  You see, I…” 

“Hold that thought, señorita!” Speedy interrupted.  He dashed backwards just as the cat dislodged it’s claws from the ceiling and clattered to the floor.  The cat quickly scrambled onto it’s paws, and hissed at the two mice.  Felisa wrapped her arms around Speedy’s neck tighter.  “What do we do?” 

“Simple, señorita.  I think it’s time for us to vamos out of here.  Never liked this cantina much anyway.  Too noisy.  OLE!  ARRIBA!  ANDALE!  EPA EPA!  ARRIBA!  ANDALE!  YEE HAAAA!”  The cat pounced, but only resulted in slamming his face into the floor where Speedy had been.  With Felisa still in his arms and holding on for dear life, the fastest mouse in Mexico zoomed across the floor and out the swinging doors of the cantina into the night. 

After dashing down streets and darting through alleys, Speedy finally ducked into the hole in the wall of a hotel that led to his home.  He swiftly set Felisa down on a chair and started popping in and out of rooms.  Within a matter of seconds, a pile of cheese, a jug of water, and cups had been gathered and placed on the table in front of Felisa.  She stared wide eyed at the food.  “Ah, go ahead, Señorita Felisa,” said Speedy as he plopped onto a couch.  “There’s plenty more where that came from.”  Felisa gingerly picked up a piece of cheese and nibbled on it, gradually allowing herself to eat quicker.  Speedy chuckled.  “Cuidado!  You’ll give yourself the tummy aches if you keep going like that!” 

Felisa took a gulp of water to steady herself.  “It’s just I haven’t eaten in so long!  Ever since I left my… my…” Speedy could see the tears in Felisa’s eyes as she tried to hold back sobs.  He offered her his bandanna and she dabbed her eyes and blew her nose.  Speedy looked sideways at the bandanna, but then shrugged and raced to and from his room with a fresh one for himself.  “Now, then.  What did you come to Sonora to look for me for?”  Felisa clutched the bandanna and took a deep breath.  “I’m from a village 10 miles south of here.  My family and our friends have lived there for many years.  There was plenty of food and the humans there didn’t mind sharing what they had with us.  But now the village is in terrible trouble!” 

“What kind of trouble?” asked Speedy, taking a sip of water.  “Gatos?  Vulturos?  Loco ducks?”  Felisa shook her head.  “Banditos.  Human banditos!”  Speedy coughed and cleared his throat.  “Oh.  I see.” 

“There were five of them,” Felisa went on.  “All dressed in strange clothes and carrying strange weapons.  They used some sort of magica to call down fire and ice to destroy the villager’s crops and food.  Then they took the villagers away into the mountains.  I think they’re making them dig for something.”  Speedy leaned back on his couch.  “Any idea what it could be, señorita?” 

“I don’t know.  But a few weeks before the banditos came, some of the villagers were talking about seeing an estrella fugaz crash into the mountains.  Maybe the banditos want it.”  Felisa rose from her chair and hurried to Speedy.  “Oh, please, Señor Speedy!  You’ve got to help us!  The humans don’t deserve to be treated like this!  And if they aren’t able to grow new crops, all of us will starve!” 

Speedy leapt to his feet and brushed away Fulisa’s tears.  “No te preocupes, Señorita Felisa!  You just leave those banditos to Speedy Gonzales!  Just point me in the direction of your village and…”  Felisa took a hold of Speedy’s sleeve.  “No!  I’m coming with you!”  Speedy held her paws.  “No, no, Señorita.  It would be much too peligroso.” 

“I don’t care how dangerous it is!  Please!  I couldn’t sit here waiting, not knowing if my family are alright.  Please, let me go with you!”  Speedy looked into Felisa’s eyes and sighed.  “Ok, ok.  You can come along, too.  But I must warn you, I’m going to need to run even more rapido if we’re going to get to your village.”  Felisa gave a small smile.  “It’s ok.  I don’t mind.  It was kind of… fun.”  Speedy gave a whoop and lifted Felisa into his arms.  “Now that’s what I’m talking about!  ANDALE!  EPA EPA!  ARRIBA!  YEEE HAAAAA!”  Speedy and Felisa sped out of the house so fast the table and chairs went flying. 

Captain Boomerang looked over the rocky landscape that had been created by the meteorite.  It had created a plateau where the villagers slowly slaved around the lump of rock that had been left behind.  Armed with axes and picks, men, women, and children dug at and around the object, eyes straining in their search.  Boomerang turned to Captain Cold standing next to him.  “Now this is the life, eh, Cold?  Get these galahs to do all the work for us, and we get the profits!”  Cold wiped some sweat from his brow. “I’ll just be glad when we get back to Central City.  Heatwave might like it out here in the desert, but the next job we pull better be in someplace not so… humid.” 

“Ah, quit your griping, Snart.  You can handle a couple of days of fun in the sun.  You aren’t going to melt!”  The discussion was interrupted as one of the villagers, an older man, hurried across the plateau towards the criminals.  “Señor!    Señor!  I’ve found another piece, Señor!”  The man held up a small, glowing, green rock towards Boomerang and Cold.  Weather Wizard and Mirror Master walked up to the group, and the villager dropped to his knees, still holding the rock.  Mirror Master took the rock and pointed a handheld device at it.  The device beeped and buzzed, then he turned to Weather Wizard.  “Do you concur, Wizard?”  Weather Wizard looked over his own device and nodded.  “The readings check out.  This is definitely kryptonite.”  Mirror Master turned back to the villager.  “But we need much larger fragments than this.  Get back to work!” 

“Oh, por favor, Señor!” the man begged.  “You said that if we find rocas verdes, you’ll let us have some food.”  Mirror Master glared in disgust at the villager.  “You want food?  For this miniscule amount?  Then work harder!” 

“Please, Señor!  We can’t keep going like this!  I beg you!  Just a little foo…”  Mirror Master slapped the villager in the face, leaving him crumpled up and groaning on the rocks.  Mirror Master turned to Boomerang.  “I think we need to find ourselves another hired hand.  This one is getting too difficult to manage.  Boomerang, if you would be so kind?”  The villager looked up in fear as Boomerang pulled out one of his signature weapons and readied it to throw at him.  “With pleasure.” 

The boomerang flew from the criminal’s hand.  The villager held up his arms in a vain attempt to block the strike.  Then suddenly there was a cloud of dust darting in between the villager and the Rogues that snatched the boomerang out of mid-air.  The Rogues looked in disbelief as the dust cleared and standing on a pile of discarded stone was Speedy Gonzales, the boomerang held above his head.  “Hola, banditos!  I think this belongs to you!”  Speedy sped around and around in circles to get momentum then hurled the boomerang back at the Rogues.  The criminals jumped out of the way as the villagers stopped to see what was happening. 

“What is that thing?” Cold shouted as he ducked behind a boulder. 

“It looks like a mouse,” said Weather Wizard. 

“A talkin’ mouse?” Boomerang said incredulously. 

“Not just any talking mouse, banditos!” Speedy shouted back.  “I am Speedy Gonzales, the fastest mouse in all Mexico!  And I’m here to ask you banditos to leave.  And I really think it would be a good idea if you did!” 

“Unbelievable!” muttered Cold.  “Everywhere we go, speedsters!”  Mirror Master stepped out from cover and drew his laser pistols.  “Allow us a moment to reflect on your offer!”  He opened fire at Speedy who nimbly jumped and dodged the blasts.  Speedy started racing around the plateau as the villagers ran for safety.  “EPA EPA!  ARRIBA!  YEE HAAA!” 

Weather Wizard stared at Mirror Master.  “You are wasting your powers on a rodent?” 

“A ‘rodent’ with super speed!”  Mirror Master snapped.  “I’m not going to let another speedster ruin this operation!  Give us air support!”  Weather Wizard sighed but thrusted his weather control rod into the air, causing the clouds to darken and lighting to begin to flash.  Captain Boomerang and Captain Cold readied their weapons as Mirror Master reached for his earpiece.  “Heatwave!  Get off guard duty and get up here now!  We’ve got some pest control we need to take care of!” 

OK:

Speedy Gonzales: At full speed, strength, and has all of his tricks.  He is able to call on the assistance of the other villagers (human and mouse) to assist him. 

Rogues: Mirror Master, Weather Wizard, Captain Cold, Captain Boomerang, and Heatwave.  All DCAU versions.  Full strength.  

Speedy wins by subduing or driving out the Rogues.  Rogues win by catching and subduing Speedy. 

Game On! 

Learn More About
Speedy Gonzales
Read more about Speedy Gonzales at Wikipedia
Official Site: Warner Brothers Links: Speedy Wiki Entry Toonpedia Entry Speedy Gonzales Tribute Page

The Rogues (Flash Villains)
Read more about The Rogues (Flash Villains) at Wikipedia
Official Site: DC Comics Links: Flash enemies Wiki entry Rogues page at Hyperborea Rogues page at everything2.com

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.60 - leroypowell3

FPA Calculation:
1 Total Votes cast
4.60 Total Combined Score
4.60 / 1 = 4.60 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Speedy Gonzales: 2
The Rogues (Flash Villains): 1

• Like 1

THE BOTTOM LINE

By the time Heatwave had made it to the plateau, the entire scene was chaos.  Captain Cold fired his cold-gun at Speedy, leaving mounds of ice and snow in his wake as he dodged the blasts.  Speedy sped up to Mirror Master holding a snowball.  “Hello, Señor!  It’s very nice of you to give us a nice snowfall!  We don’t get much snow in Mexico.” 

“You just hold still, you miserable pest!” Mirror Master sneered, taking aim with his pistol.  “One blast from this and you’ll be trapped in a mirror forever!”  Speedy glanced back to see Captain Cold getting a bead on him again.  “Sorry, Señor.  Forever is much to long for me!  OLE!  EPA EPA!  YEEHAAAAA!”  Speedy took off back towards Captain Cold.  “I got ‘im, now!” Captain Cold shouted.  Captain Cold and Mirror Master opened fire at Speedy, but the mouse dodged again, causing the blasts to fly past him and hit the two Rogues.  The Mirror Master was trapped in a block of ice, and Captain Cold was trapped in a pane of glass. 

“Boomer!  What’s going on?” Heatwave called out.  “Just find that blasted mouse and roast it!”  Captain Boomerang shouted back.  The snowball hit Boomerang in the mouth, making him cough and splutter.  “Is that how snowball fights work, Señor?” Speedy shouted.  Heatwave fired his flamethrower at Speedy,  who nimbly leapt through the flames and ran up onto Heatwave’s helmet.  Captain Boomerang drew a boomerang and armed it.  “Hold it, Mick!  I can’t miss this close!” 

“Don’t be stupid!  Let me do it!”  Heatwave raised his flame thrower, only for Speedy to leap down and disassemble it in a matter of seconds and disappear again in a cloud of smoke.  Heatwave looked baffled at the cartridges that hung suspended in mid-air, before all exploding into a fireball and sending him headfirst into a rock formation. 

Captain Boomerang slowly walked across the plateau, boomerang still held up at the ready.  “Alright, you little mousey.  Where’d you get to now, eh?”  Boomerang had just reached the edge of the plateau when Speedy ran up behind him.  “YEEHAAAA!”  The sudden shout sent Boomerang leaping into the air then falling off the edge of the cliff towards the ground below.  Speedy looked down at the crumpled form of the Rogue.  “Very easily startled, these banditos.  Whoops!” 

A lighting bolt struck just inches from Speedy.  He looked up to see Weather Wizard perched on the fallen meteorite.  He sent another lightning bolt at Speedy who desperately tried to stay ahead of them.  “It is past time for this farce to be brought to an end!” proclaimed Weather Wizard.  Several small bits of rock and debris hit the back of his head.  He turned to see a group of mice standing on an outcropping, hurling whatever they could at him.  Felisa shouted out to them.  “Quickly, Amigos!  Señor Speedy needs our help!  Rapido!  Rapido!”  Weather Wizard pointed with his wand and a gust of wind knocked the mice to their backs.  “Enough of these games!” he shouted, raising the wand high above him.  “I will take this kryptonite myself back to Central City.  Just as soon as I’m finished with you!” 

“Oh, Señor Bandito!”  Weather Wizard turned, then did a double take.  On the ground below him was Speedy Gonzales, holding his wand.  “I hope you don’t mind if I borrow this, Señor.  But don’t worry!  I’ve left you something in return!”  Weather Wizard looked back up at his upraised hand.  Where his wand had been was now a lit stick of dynamite.  Before he could throw it away, the dynamite exploded, leaving Weather Wizard laid out unconscious in a cloud of smoke. 

Felisa scrambled down the outcropping and ran over to Speedy.  “Oh, Señor Speedy!” she cried out happily, wrapping her arms around him.  “You did it!  You won!”  Speedy puffed out his chest.  “Oh, it was nothing, Señorita.  It’s no trouble to help out a lovely mouse like yourself.”  Felisa smiled.  “Even so, I’m so thankful you came to help us.  And it’s only fair I give you a special gift to say gracias for all you’ve done.”  Felisa planted a kiss on Speedy’s lips.  The other mice laughed and cheered as Speedy looked spellbound for a moment, then tossed his sombrero in the air.  “YEEEHAAAAAA!” 

• Like 1

Been a minute, Ferreters. :)

Good set-up as usual, broadway. Speedy and the DCAU Flash rogues were right in character.

I think Speedy rightfully won, too. He's probably not as fast as most versions of Flash, but he definitely makes up for it with toon force and plot armor.

• Like 1