MATCH SCORE
Demoman: 0
Ogra: 3

Match 18144 Siegfried vs. Kazuya Mishima

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART 195

354559215_ryucarryingkasumi.jpg.000cfc0922748da0f1ad74f551619ff8.jpg

After a back and forth battle atop the rooftop of the G Corporation Millenium Tower, Jin had decided that he needed to transform into his devil form to properly deal with the Dragon Ninja, himself, Ryu Hayabusa. (REF: RYU HAYABUSA VS. JIN KAZAMA) Ryu did not give his opponent much time after the transformation and immediately struck him with a helicopter kick. The ninja went for another kick, but Devil Jin grabbed his leg and slammed him down. Jin fired off a Devil beam that Ryu avoided and caused a small section of the roof to collapse. Jin shot off a second Devil Beam. Hayabusa disappeared and reappeared above Jin, grabbing and tossing the King of the Iron Fist by his head. Jin quickly recovered and was then hit by a corkscrew attack from Ryu. Devil Jin fought back with a Tsunami Kick. Jin went for Ryu’s wrist to perform the Kazama style Wrist Chuck Slam, but was blocked by Hayabusa. Ryu spun like a top with his palms producing fire and knocked back Devil Jin. He rolled toward his opponent and summoned up his ki into a purple energy ninpo attack from his hands. At the same time, Devil Jin powered up with a burst of red electric energy that emanated from his body. The collision of the two powers resulted in an explosion that knocked both fighters off their feet.

Ryu Hayabusa was the first one back to his feet and he charged at Devil Jin. Jin countered Ryu’s aggression with a Lightning Screw Uppercut. He then tossed Ryu in the air and juggled him for a few moments with Devil Beams searing across Ryu’s skin. The Dragon Ninja fell and did not get back up as quickly as before. Jin eased up slightly as confidence arose inside of him. 

“You are very, very good, but not good enough,” Devil Jin boasted.

Ryu grabbed his chest where the Devil Beams had hit the hardest, destroying some of his protective gear. “I will purge the evil inside you,” he declared.

Hayabusa again jumped toward his adversary, but this time he sidestepped Jin’s counter and launched the demonic fighter in the air with a two legged kick. Hayabusa attacked Jin while he was in the air with everything he had. Teleporting in and out with attacks all the while only appearing as a blur before finally holding onto Jin and driving him down with an Izuna Drop. 

The velocity of the move broke through the rooftop and the floor below it. Ryu planted Jin on the ground of the following floor. Devil Jin landed with such momentum that he bounced off the ground and crashed through a nearby glass wall.

Ryu pulled out the True Dragon Sword and walked over to the slowly recovering Devil Jin who was covered in glass and debris. He made three quick slashes across Jin’s chest, putting the head of the Mishima Zaibatsu on his back.

Ryu readied himself to plunge the Dragon Sword through the chest of Jin, then he hesitated as he was unsure of what to do next. Jin Kazama had caused a lot of suffering during his time as the head of the Zaibatsu and the Devil Gene inside of him was clearly an evil influence. Still, Ryu had heard  many stories of the good man that Jin was and could still be and wondered if condemning the man to death was the right thing to do. On the other hand, if he didn’t finish Jin off, he was also the man to hold grudges and he had the power and the resources to bring fire upon the Hayabusa Village. Ryu’s moral dilemma was interrupted by a large explosion from below that caused the building to shake.

A few floors below. Kazuya Mishima had launched his ultimate attack of multiple Devil Beams at Ayane (REF: RUGAL BERNSTEIN VS. RAIDOU) after having defeated her half sister, Kasumi, in a fight. (REF: KASUMI VS. KAZUYA MISHIMA) Kazuya was usually hesitant to unleash such a destructive attack inside his own building, but he had grown weary of fighting the kunoichi and currently desired nothing more than their destruction. Kazuya walked over in his Devil form toward the destruction that he had created to check and see if he had taken out Ayane.

Suddenly an overwhelming feeling shot through his body. He had secretly ingested some of the Soul Edge shards before he had his scientists experiment with them and he was sure the sensation inside of him was coming from the shards. It took him a moment to realize exactly what was happening. It was Soul Edge, itself, calling out to him (REF: MOMIJI VS. ZASALAMEL), looking to become whole once more. Finally, his ambition to obtain the legendary sword was about to be realized. It was beckoning him like a homing beacon. Kazuya smiled and then flew out of the hole in the side of the Millenium Tower caused by his attack. 

Soon after, Ryu Hayabusa arrived at the same spot having decided to leave the injured Jin Kazama and investigate what was happening. Ryu tilted his head over his shoulder and saw Devil Kazuya flying away in the night sky. Hayabusa wondered if he had enough strength left to take on another member of the Mishima bloodline, but he also did not want to let the villain get close to Soul Edge. He decided he would follow Kazuya, but a horrifying image rearranged his priorities. Out of the corner of his eye, Ryu spotted his friend, Kasumi, battered and beaten, on the floor, with building debris falling around her. Ryu Hayabusa quickly scooped her up and exited the Millenium Tower. 

Outside the tower, Ryu placed Kasumi on a nearby bench for the time being with the intent of going back inside. However, that would not happen. A familiar purple energy erupted from the Millenium Tower and the entire building began to collapse.

“Ayane,” Ryu whispered.

—-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

elysium.jpg.caca2dedc9e1855a7fe90bcbc298f208.jpg

It was nearing dawn as Siegfried reached the forest where Soul Edge was residing. (REF: KEN MASTERS VS. ASH CRIMSON) As he got closer to the cursed blade, his own sword started to glow to an almost blinding degree. It was so bright that Siegfried had to stop and momentarily let go of Soul Calibur.

When he did this, a spirit rose from the sword. It was the beautiful, blonde, living incarnation of Soul Calibur’s will.

“Elysium!” Siegfried marveled. “You have not revealed yourself in centuries.”

“Yes, I know.”

“You must be truly worried about the emergence of Soul Edge. I swear that  I will stop it,” Siegfried promised.

“I believe you. You have always been my greatest champion, Siegfried,” stated Elysium.

“Then why have you halted me this close to the goal?” Siegfried wondered.

“I want to make sure you have the will to do what must be done. All that must be done,” said Elysium.

“I don’t understand,” admitted Siegfried.

“Aren’t you tired of this eternal struggle?” asked Elysium. “Aren’t you wary of always having to worry about the spread of the Evil Seed? Wouldn’t you like to eliminate Soul Edge once and for all?”

“Of course, I would,” answered Siegfried. “I did not believe such a thing was possible.”

“It is only possible if you become more proactive and less reactive,” Elysium informed. “You must obliterate evil in all its forms to eliminate the source that feeds into Soul Edge.”

“I thought that is what I was doing,” Siegfried protested. 

“You have been defeating potential vessels to be the new Azure Knight, Nightmare, but that’s not enough. Destroying that wretched soul, M. Bison (REF: SIEGFRIED VS. M. BISON), and putting the fear and respect in that egomaniacal human, Gill, (REF: SIEGFRIED VS. GILL) were a good start but there are many more that need to be reckoned with,” Elysium explained.

“I..I will strike down the major threats, but I cannot hunt down every evildoer in this world,” Siegfried retorted.

Elysium paused before giving her reply. “Another pursuer of Soul Edge approaches. We will finish our conversation after you have dealt with him.”

In a flash of light, Elysium disappeared and Siegfried picked Soul Calibur back up off the ground. Siegfried wondered who Elysium was referring to, but he didn’t have to wonder long as he soon felt the menacing presence of the Devil Gene. Devil Kazuya flew overhead and landed several yards in front of the knight. The race to the sword had begun.

Siegfried was able to catch up with the head of the G-Corporation before he reached the neverending maze as Kazuya had paused to take in his new surroundings. 

“You will go no further!” Siegfried commanded.

“Says who?” Kazuya responded.

“Says I, Siegfried, weilder of Soul Calibur, and former slave to Soul Edge.”

Kazuya eyed Siegfried and chuckled.

“After the goof with the baseball cap (REF: TERRY BOGARD VS. KAZUYA MISHIMA) and the annoying ninja girl I should have expected that at some point in my journey to claim a legendary weapon I would cross paths with an actual knight.” Kazuya’s red eye sparked as he smirked. “How trite.”

“Your pursuit ends now, at my hands!” Siegfried announced.

“Wrong. I will crush you and then I will decimate every other living being that has Soul Edge shards inside of them so that the full power of the weapon will be mine to control!”

Another good set-up that I've missed of yours, Johnny. :(  If leroy hadn't rated the match, it wouldn't have been rated at all.

Good background stories for all the characters involved here.  I had a feeling that Ryu could take this Devil Jin dude. 

As for the match, should Mishima have dominated the vote here, especially since Siegfried dealt with both Gill and M. Bison without a lot of trouble in this arc? I have no idea. 

• 1 month later...