Rumble 20541 Batman (Nolanverse) vs. Judas Breed
MATCH SCORE
Batman: 2
Judas Breed: 0

Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Match 18125 Rugal Bernstein vs. Raidou

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART 194

kazuya-ssbu-release-date.jpg.86f105f5e9b867ba6057e3fde81f9b1b.jpg

Inside Millenium Tower, the CEO of G-Corporation battled against Mugen Tenshin’s strongest, Kasumi.  (REF: KAZUYA MISHIMA VS. KASUMI) Kazuya attacked Kasumi with a Roundhouse kick that transitioned into Triple Spin Kicks. He followed up with an Oni Kick but connected with nothing but air and cherry blossoms as Kasumi teleported behind him and  jumped into a trio of cartwheel kicks. After the third cartwheel kick, Kasumi teleported above Kazuya and stomped on his face like a stair master until the King of the Iron Fist winner fell to the ground. Kazuya quickly rolled through and tagged Kasumi with a Tombstone Crusher kick. He stood up, enraged and embarrassed by Kasumi’s previous move. He engaged the kunoichi and trapped her in his 10 hit combo, ending in a vicious uppercut.

“Vile woman, how dare you…”

Before he could finish, Kasumi was back on her feet and jumped on Kazuya’s shoulders with her legs wrapped around his head, she twirled slightly and brought Kazuya to the ground with a hurricanrana, Kazuya landed face first. Kasumi drove her knee into Kazuya’s face as he recovered, jumped on his back, rolled and launched him into the air. She teleported, springboarded off the wall, and smashed her elbow into the falling Kazuya. 

Through concentration, Kazuya managed to land on his feet. Kasumi went in close for another strike but was rebuffed by a Stonehead headbutt from Kazuya. Kazuya punched Kasumi with the Demon Fist that stunned Kasumi as electricity shot through her body. He followed with a flipping overhead kick, the Demon Scissors, to great effect

In a burst of rage, Kazuya transformed into his devil form.

“This place will be your burial ground!” he threatened.

Kasumi quickly tried to jump over Devil Kazuya, but with his wings assisted jump he was able to catch her in the air and slam her to the ground. Kasumi attempted to teleport behind Kazuya, but the wisened warrior turned in time and stopped her with a Tsunami kick that hit Kasumi in the head. Kazuya then blasted her through his office window with a Devil Beam.

Elsewhere in the Millenium Tower, Ayane had proven herself too quick for the Secret Agent, Crimson Viper and C. Viper was growing desperate to land a combination of moves. (REF: AYANE VS. CRIMSON VIPER) She attempted to land a fiery kick, yet Ayane spun away from the attack. She punched at Ayane with her electricity charged gloves, and Ayane ducked, grabbed Viper’s arm and flung her into a giant tubed cylinder. Viper emerged soaked from the cylinder with her gloves sparking. She discarded her jacket and went back on the offensive. Her kick was blocked by Ayane, who went back at her with a series of jumping kicks and twirling palm strikes..Ayane disappeared and reappeared above Viper smashing her with a sommersault strike. Ayane threw her butterfly kunai at Viper who used her rocket boots to jump away from them. Utilizing her hands, Ayane summoned some purple ninpo and blasted the vulnerable Crimson Viper at close range.

Viper rolled on the ground, her suit in tatters.

Ayane walked over to her and stepped on her yellow sunglasses. “If you want to keep your life then stay down.”

Even if she wanted to continue, Viper did not have the strength. Ayane collected the Soul Edge shards and exited the lab. Ayane helped her clansmen out whenever she happened upon them fighting G Corporation Security and Tekken Force soldiers as she made her way to Kazuya’s office to confront him. 

Ayane arrived just in time to see Devil Kazuya deliver an Electric Wind God Fist to Kasumi’s chin. Kazuya’s office was destroyed and several pieces of furniture were on fire. Ayane’s sister was in worse shape than she had ever seen her before. Devil Kazuya picked up Kasumi by the throat and the proud kunoichi was too weak to fight back. Ayane was hit by a wide range of emotions as she saw her sister in such dire straits. They had a complicated relationship. Ayane felt resentment toward Kasumi when they were younger and hatred toward her when she ran away from the Mugen Tenshin clan in pursuit of their brother Hayate. In the past she had been sent to kill her deserter sister, but they had made their peace. Seeing her at the brink of death in the hands of a monster set off a certain rage inside Ayane that she didn’t know she had.

“Put her down!” Ayane demanded.

Devil Kazuya tossed Kasumi aside like a piece of trash and glared at Ayane. He outstretched his arms and wings and blasted multiple Devil Beams in Ayane’s direction causing a small explosion. Ayane lost consciousness for a brief moment When she awakened, Kazuya and Kasumi were gone. The fires were spreading further throughout the building,

Unbridled anger erupted inside of Ayane. She would find Kazuya and make him pay for what he had done to Kasumi. But first, she decided she would destroy his precious tower. She would reduce it to rubble just as she had done to the DOATEC building years earlier. 

Ayane held two fingers close to her chin and concentrated as she chanted the incantation to perform her most devastating technique, A purple aura surrounded Ayane and she slammed her fist into the ground. The Art of the Raging Mountain God sent purple shockwaves throughout the  building and the Millenium Tower collapsed.

—-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1425590597_omegarugal.jpg.7fba2344afecda13593439057d7c0ead.jpg

Rugal Bernstein emerged from the darkness at the abandoned airport hangar following the departure of Ryu and Iori Yagami. (REF: JIN KAZAMA VS. RYU HAYABUSA)

The voice of Orochi immediately spoke out to him. “I knew the allure of my power would be too much for you to resist,” 

“I came here as soon as I sensed it,” stated Rugal. “I witnessed your humiliating defeat at the hands of the man in the white gi.”  (REF: RYU VS. OROCHI)

“A momentary setback,” the voice of Orochi insisted. “Chris was not a strong enough vessel to truly display my power. You remember, you received but a fraction of my power from Goenitz and remember how more powerful you became?”

Rugal’s red eye flashed and he smiled. “Yes… But I still lost. I need more.”

“Only one that has my blood can become my vessel,” Orochi explained.

“Who said anything about being your vessel? I just want your power,” Rugal clarified.

“The power surge you seek comes with a price,” stated the voice of Orochi. “But so desperate am I to get my vengeance on the man who beat me that I am willing to offer you a deal.”

Rugal’s ears perked up.

“I will imbue you with my full power and work with you so that we may destroy the Three Sacred Treasures and obliterate the man in the white gi,” Orochi offered. “You will still maintain control of your body and your techniques so that we can assure the job is done.”

“How do we do that?” asked Rugal.

“A blood transfusion,” replied Orochi. “There is a member of the Hakkeshu being treated in a nearby hospital. He has the Orochi blood but has always been too unstable to be of use. It would seem we have finally found use for him.”

“Well then let’s get going,” Rugal exclaimed.

“I shall meet you there,” Orochi promised.

Rugal Bernstein traveled to the hospital treating Ryuji Yamazaki after his fight in the building with the Yoga Master, Dhalsim. Before he could reach Ryuji, Rugal’s path was blocked off by a bald man with gray skin who also had a glowing red eye.

“Rugal Bernstein!” the man announced.

Rugal cocked an eyebrow, “Do I know you?”

“My name is Raidou and I will be the one taking in the power of Orochi!” the man proclaimed.

“What?!?”

The voice of Orochi spoke up. “I needed to make sure you are the right one, Rugal, before I willingly chose you. Raidou, here, is also a strong candidate. He has also returned from the dead and he is also looking for a major power upgrade.”

“Victor Donovan and his MIST organization revived me for a second time, hoping I could help them with their foolish plans,” Raidou explained. “Then I felt the power of Orochi and he spoke to me. He told me of the power I could receive if I proved myself a superior warrior. So I decimated Victor Donovan and his lab and here I am!”

Rugal scoffed. “Such an annoyance that I have to prove my dominance. But, I am up for the exercise.”

“I will have you wishing you stayed dead,” Raidou threatened.

“Not before I turn you into another one of my statue trophies,” Rugal looked over his new opponent. “You already have the skin for it.”

Another good set-up, Johnny. It's been great that you've been integrating the fighter's various histories into the story, if only as footnotes. I just wish that I'd played more of these games to get a better feeling for all these storylines. 

As for the match, both Rugal and Raidou must be pretty powerful if this Orochi demon is considering merging with one of them, but after watching some vids of them both in action, I'd have to agree with pat that Rugal's superior quickness should probably net him the win here. 

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - patrickthekid
4.80 - leroypowell3
4.70 - DSkillz

FPA Calculation:
3 Total Votes cast
14.50 Total Combined Score
14.50 / 3 = 4.83 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Rugal Bernstein: 4
Raidou: 1