General Kregg: 2
Stripe: 0
Brigade: 1

Match 18079 Ryu Hayabusa vs. Jin Kazama

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART 189

4gRubv3uS36Z79YxoEoJcM.jpg.0c55661a57341c5b4ed01ee4458716f6.jpg

Iori Yagami arrived at the abandoned airplane hangar to meet up with Kyo Kusanagi and possibly Ash Crimson to seal up Orochi once more. (REF: KYO KUSANAGI VS. M. BISON) Since Kyo had left the hangar previously to travel to the Yata village, Iori knew he would be the first one to reach the destination. Iori just hoped Orochi hadn’t already murdered that stoic dope, Ryu, and moved on already.

As soon as Iori jumped out of his car he could feel Orochi’s presence. It was the same as the last time he had worked with Kyo and Chizuru to seal up the malevolent entity. Just being this close to the source made the Orochi blood inside Iori react violently. Iori fell to one knee and clutched his stomach all the while howling in pain. For a few minutes, Iori was certain he would fall victim to the Riot of the Blood. Iori had spent years trying to control this family curse, and after slowing his breathing and focusing on his surroundings he was eventually able to overcome the Orochi influence. When the moment passed, Iori returned to his feet and resumed his search for Orochi.

In a warehouse not far from where Iori had parked, Orochi engaged in battle with the wandering World Warrior, Ryu. (REF: RYU VS. OROCHI)

“Hadoken!” 

Ryu shot his fireball at the levitating gray haired vessel of Orochi. Orochi teleported away from the blast and appeared behind Ryu. He blasted Ryu away with a telekinetic projectile. Ryu returned to his feet and attacked Orochi with a jumping kick. Orochi produced a white energy shield in front of himself that shattered like glass when Ryu made contact and again knocked the World Warrior backward by using his own momentum against him. 

“Is this the best you have, human? You will need to do much better,” Orochi taunted.

Ryu stood up ready to fight. He charged at Orochi. Orochi nonchalantly flipped another telekinetic projectile in Ryu’s direction, Ryu ducked under it, rolled toward Orochi and hit him with a quick jab and transitioned into a normal Shoryuken. Before Orochi’s body completely fell to the floor, Ryu jumped back into the air and performed his static Hurricane Kick that kept Orochi in one place for maximum damage.

“Tatsumaki Senpukyaku!”

The consecutive high end attacks put Orochi on the ground, but not for long. Gaia’s weapon returned to his feet and a visual ripple went through his body. He appeared to be healing himself and Ryu did not want to give him that opportunity. Ryu went in for an axe kick that Orochi blocked. Orochi responded with a kick of his own, the Genocide Cutter he had seen from Rugal Bernstein and used personally to great effect. The devastating kick knocked back Ryu and Orochi lifted his arms to cross over his chest. A bright green light appeared above Orochi’s head and exploded into Ryu. Ryu felt like he was being attacked from every inch of his body. He groaned in pain. Orochi levitated over toward Ryu and executed another Genocide Cutter kick. Ryu held strong and was able to successfully block the second part of the kicking technique. Ryu countered with an even stronger version of the Shoryuken and performed a throw over his shoulder on Orochi. 

Frustration grew inside Orochi over his own inability to easily dispose of this persistent fighter. He popped back up, waved his arm in the air and a pillar of electricity shot through Ryu. Despite the electric fueled pain shooting through his bones, Ryu concentrated, clasped his hands together and fired another fireball at the ancient demon.

“Hadoken!”

This one caught Orochi off guard and connected. Orochi was done messing around. He crossed his arms over his chest and again a bright green light appeared above him and blasted Ryu. Orochi lowered his arms and held his palms out faced forward. A bright white light followed by a bright red light illuminated the entire building and Ryu felt an intense pain coming at him from every angle possible. Orochi teleported close to Ryu and phased his hand through the fighter’s chest. Orochi wanted to crush Ryu’s very soul.

Ryu struggled to remain conscious and he knew he would not get a better opportunity to attack Orochi up close. With Orochi still connected, Ryu launched his opponent in the air with a double fist rotating Shin Shoryuken. He transitioned into his strongest Hurricane Kick while still in the air and landed several kicks as the two floated across the air. Ryu was the first one to land on the ground and he immediately began to charge up his Shinku Hadouken.  Orochi landed on his back and was slower to return to his feet.

Just as Ryu had anticipated, Orochi’s first instinct was to heal himself as ripples went through his body. Ryu did not give him much of a chance as the fireball forming in his hands gained full power.

“Hadoookennn!!!”

The size and force of the fireball crushed into Orochi and smashed him through the wall. He fell outside near a startled Iori Yagami. Ryu walked through the new hole in the building, clutching his chest in pain, yet determined to finish off the malevolent entity.

Orochi remained flat on the ground and glared up at Ryu with a mix of hatred and arrogance. 

“You humans have grown stronger since even my last reawakening. Although, all you have done is defeated my current host. Without the Three Sacred Treasures to restore my seal, I will simply find another, stronger one.” Orochi’s eyes picked up on Iori. “Maybe I will use you, and fully complete the bargain struck with the Yasakani clan generations ago.”

“I will destroy my own body before I let you take it over,” Iori threatened.

Orochi laughed and slowly began a transformation back to Chris. Ryu nervously looked around to see if Orochi would indeed take over Iori or if another form of Orochi would make itself known. He was concerned that he would not be able to survive another fight in his current state. Iori remained unchanged and knelt down next to Chris placing his large hand over the boy’s face.

“Burn to ash!” Iori shouted.

The holder of the Yasakani Jewel set Chris ablaze with purple flames and held on to make sure the job was done. Iori only let go when there wasn’t much left.

“What are you doing?” asked Ryu.

“Removing a possible host, obviously,” answered Iori.

“He was already defeated,” stated Ryu.

“We had thought that once before,” Iori countered.

“Aren’t you a possible host?”

“I would expect the same treatment from you if I begin to transform. If you hesitate we may all be doomed,” Iori predicted. “Now we must hurry and find that fool Kyo. With some luck we will be able to seal Orochi back up before he finds a stronger conduit.”

Ryu and Iori left their current area. After a couple of minutes, a mysterious figure emerged from the shadows with a glowing red eye.

—---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hayabusajin.jpg.2a3048e534866539a42930938e581c06.jpg

Jin landed with a fleet of Mishima Zaibatsu helicopters on the rooftop of the G Corporation Millenium Tower.  (REF: AYANE VS. SHIKI)

Crimson Viper removed her headset. “I can’t believe it, Jin. You were right. We are really going to be able to walk right in.”

Jin smiled. “My eyes on the inside are never wrong. Kazuya and the G Corporation have their hands full with a different invasion (REF: KASUMI VS. KAZUYA MISHIMA), this makes it the perfect opportunity for us.”

Tekken Force soldiers descended from the rooftops and smashed through the windows of the Millenium Tower bringing further chaos to the fight between the Mugen Tenshin Clan and the G-Corporation.

Jin Kazama and Crimson Viper exited their chopper only moments before the helicopter itself exploded. Crimson Viper jumped away from the fiery wreck.

“It’s Kazuya, he was waiting for us,” Crimson Viper assumed.

Jin peered through the fire and smoke into the night sky. “No it’s not Kazuya. It’s someone else.”

The ultimate ninja, Ryu Hayabusa, descended from above. One of the few Tekken Force soldiers not already in the building charged at him immediately. Ryu grabbed him, flew into the air and planted him back down with an Izuna Drop. Crimson Viper prepared herself to fight the masked menace, but she was waved off by Jin.

“Take a unit with you and go to The G Corporation’s science division. Recover whatever Soul Edge shards you can and see if you can find out how they weaponized it,” Jin commanded. (REF: MAKI GENRYUSAI VS. MAI SHIRANUI) “I will handle this.”

Viper hesitated for a moment, then she nodded and took the last remaining Tekken Force soldiers with her through the lone entrance door on the rooftop. Ryu Hayabusa quickly threw an incendiary shuriken at the door, but Jin kicked it out of the air causing a small explosion.

Jin complimented the Dragon Ninja. “I give you credit, very few are capable of getting the drop on me. You must be with the clan battling my father.”  

“I have worked with Mugen Tenshin many times, but I am not one of them,” Hayabusa corrected. “They are not why I am here.”

“Why are you here? Are you also after Soul Edge?” Jin questioned.

“It would make no sense for me to travel here if that was my goal,” Hayabusa answered. “Considering I just left Soul Edge’s location.” (REF: SOPHITIA ALEXANDRA VS. RACHEL)

The answer shocked Jin and left him unsure of what to say.

Hayabusa continued. “I am not here to fight you if I don’t have to. I am simply here to stop you from your current path, Jin Kazama. You think Soul Edge is the answer to your problems. You are greatly mistaken.”

“Is that right?”

“The allure of the Evil Seed is unlike anything I have felt before,” explained Hayabusa. “It is even a struggle for me and I don’t have your….compromised genetics. If you try to use it, it will end up using you.”

“I can handle it,” Jin insisted. “If Soul Edge can help me destroy my father and the Devil gene itself then it will be worth the risk.”

“Perhaps for you, but not for the rest of the world,” Ryu retorted.

Jin remained unmoved by Ryu’s words. “If you think you can talk me out of my plans, then you are the one that is greatly mistaken. So save your breath and let’s skip to the part where I kick your ass.”

Ryu Hayabusa lifted the Dragon Sword and stepped into his fighting stance. “An unfortunate decision. You will not be walking away from this building.”

Very good set-up, Johnny. Awesome recap with Ryu and Orochi and set-up for the Ryu Hayabusa/Jin fight. I see, though, that you misspelled Iori's name at the very beginning of the match. No big thing, though. 

As for the recap, while I only have a passing familiarity with Tekken characters and even less so of the Ninja Gaiden reboot games, I do know from the old NES games that Ryu has plenty of experience vanquishing planetary threat-level demons and the powerful people that summon them. I'm thinking he should be able to handle a Kazama. 

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - patrickthekid
4.00 - Pizzaguy2995
4.80 - leroypowell3
5.00 - DSkillz

FPA Calculation:
4 Total Votes cast
18.80 Total Combined Score
18.80 / 4 = 4.70 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Ryu Hayabusa: 4
Jin Kazama: 2

With Jin falling in this fight that leaves Kazuya as the lone Tekken representative left after having 45 different Tekken characters participate in the story.

Street Fighter also had 45 different characters show up in this arc, of those 45 currently Ryu, Ken, Ibuki, Crimson Viper, and Guile remain.

King of Fighters had 44 participants and only Mai Shiranui and Ash Crimson have not lost or tied.

Soul Calibur was the next most prominent franchise with 27 characters appearing. At the moment, Siegfried and Sophitia are still fighting.

Dead or Alive and its tie in series, Ninja Gaiden, produced 24 fighters for this arc. Ryu Hayabusa, Momiji, and Ayane have survived thus far.

The remaining 25 characters came from Virtua Fighter, Samurai Shodown, and Guilty Gear, but all have been eliminated.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2022 at 2:35 AM, JohnnyChany said:

With Jin falling in this fight that leaves Kazuya as the lone Tekken representative left after having 45 different Tekken characters participate in the story.

Street Fighter also had 45 different characters show up in this arc, of those 45 currently Ryu, Ken, Ibuki, Crimson Viper, and Guile remain.

King of Fighters had 44 participants and only Mai Shiranui and Ash Crimson have not lost or tied.

Soul Calibur was the next most prominent franchise with 27 characters appearing. At the moment, Siegfried and Sophitia are still fighting.

Dead or Alive and its tie in series, Ninja Gaiden, produced 24 fighters for this arc. Ryu Hayabusa, Momiji, and Ayane have survived thus far.

The remaining 25 characters came from Virtua Fighter, Samurai Shodown, and Guilty Gear, but all have been eliminated.

Love this little update. Nice going with tieing these games together man. Sad to see Jin lose as he's one of my favorite characters from Tekken. But losing to Ryu Hayabusa isn't shameful so I'm fine with it.