Rumble 20541 Batman (Nolanverse) vs. Judas Breed
MATCH SCORE
Batman: 2
Judas Breed: 0

Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Match 18064 Meat vs. Gooey Gus

Shang Tsung walked down the steps to the lower dungeons of his palace.  He entered a circular catacomb to behold the mishappen form of Meat.  The creature thrashed and growled as he strained against the chains that bound his wrists.  The chains were each held taut by two Tarkatan guards, who bared their fangs at the bloody monster.  Shang Tsung shook his head and gazed at Meat with a look of disappointment.  “Meat.  That is what they have called you.  Are you capable of understanding that?”  Meat redoubled his attempts to pull free from his restraints as the Tarakatans tightened their grips.  Shang Tsung slowly walked around the catacomb as he went on.  “I created you to be my warrior.  To fight in my name.  But you ran away from me.  But even then your desire impressed me, and I trusted that even half made, your ferocity would inspire terror and chaos throughout the realms.”  The sorcerer stopped behind Meat, who strained back to see him.  “And what have you wrought in all this time?  Failure.  Defeat after defeat.  And always your humiliation is bound with my name!”  Shang Tsung grabbed Meat by the back of neck, his hand and eyes glowing with green energy.  Meat’s struggles began to weaken as Shang Tsung glared in disgust.  “I should take your soul and end your pathetic existence right here!”  The Tarkatans looked on and growled in anticipation.  But Shang Tsung withdrew his hand, and Meat sunk down, hanging from his chains. 

“But I am prepared to give you one last opportunity to redeem yourself, creature,” Shang Tsung went on.  “Succeed in this task, I will not only grant you freedom, but let you take your place at my side.  Do you understand?”  Meat snarled at Shang Tsung, then nodded with a grunt.  Shang Tsung gave a self-satisfied smile.  “There is another creature that I have uncovered.  A freak of nature that is terrorizing Earthrealm.  There is such power, such rage within it.  If you can defeat this creature in Mortal Kombat, then I shall release you.”  Shang Tsung’s eyes narrowed.  “But if this creature defeats you, I will drag you back to the Flesh Pits and tear you limb from limb myself!  Is that understood?”  With gritted teeth and his left eye lolling back and forth, Meat nodded and grunted again. 

Shang Tsung took a step back and faced the Tarkatans.  “Release him!”  The Tarkatans grumbled under their breaths as they undid the shackles on Meat and cast aside the chains.  Meat stumbled forward and dropped to his knees, clenching and unclenching his fists.  Shang Tsung reached into his sleeves and withdrew two cleavers.  He offered them out to Meat.  “I trust you still recall how to use your weapons?”  Meat snarled and snatched the cleavers from Shang Tsung.  He looked at the two ax blades attached to thigh bones with an almost childlike wonder.  Then Meat spun around and buried the cleavers into the chest and neck of the Tarakatan to his left.  The other Tarkatan extended his blades and charged towards Meat with a roar.  But Meat tore off his own head and hurled it at the Tarkatan, striking him in the chest.  The Tarkatan screamed in agony as the head of Meat continued to bite and tear at his flesh.  Meat’s body ripped the cleavers loose from the body of the dead Tarkatan, then fell forward into a puddle of blood.  The other guard finally dislodged Meat’s head, and it fell into the puddle, as well.  The blood seeped into the cracks in the floor as the Tarkatan looked around himself in confusion.  Shang Tsung stood arms folded, showing no expression as Meat’s body started to rise up from the floor behind the Tarkatan.  The hapless guard turned around just in time for the cleavers to come crashing into his skull, splitting it wide open.  Meat stood panting between the bodies of the two dead Tarkatans.  Shang Tsung nodded in approval.  “Excellent.” 

“Slime anyone?!”  The sun shone down on the Brooklyn street and people ran screaming from the shambling form of Gooey Gus.  The purple abomination left a trail of slime in his wake as people ducked into buildings and barricaded the doors.  A police car rolled up in front of Gus’ path and screeched to a halt.  Two police officers climbed out with guns drawn.  “Freeze!  NYPD!” one of them shouted.  “Get down on the ground with your hands in the air!”  Gooey Gus flailed in front of the two officers.  “I’m burning mad!  I’m steaming mad!” 

“I repeat, get down on the ground!  Now!”  Gus pointed a shriveled hand.  “You laughing at me?!  You laughing at me?!”  He lunged toward the officers as the younger of two looked at his partner.  “What the hell is that thing?”  The partner’s eyes widened as Gus drew nearer.  “This is your last warning!  On the ground!”  Step by step by Slime Monster came towards the police car.  The senior officer’s hand began to shake as struggled to keep his aim.  “Shoot to wound!  Open fire!”  Both cops shot at Gus, the force of the bullets causing him to jerk backwards.  Gooey Gus’ body twisted and contorted, and then each bullet fell out from his body encased in slime.  He glared at the two officers.  “Slime anyone?!” 

A torrent of purple slime shot from Gus’ mouth and enveloped the senior officer.  He had just enough time to scream before being trapped in a cocoon.  The younger officer dropped his gun and scrambled to get back in the police car.  He slammed on the gas, but the car wouldn’t move.  Gooey Gus had slimed the wheels to the car, sticking it in place.  He slammed his arm through the windshield of the car, and dragged the cop out by the throat.  The officer shut his eyes tight in fear as he felt the slime drip from Gus’ open mouth.  “I’m burning mad!  I’m steaming mad!” 

Suddenly, there was the sound of an explosion.  Gooey Gus looked up from it’s victim to see a glowing circle opening up in the air in behind it.  Out of this portal leapt the figure of Meat, brandishing his cleavers and growling ferociously.  Gooey Gus cocked his head and stared confused at the newcomer.  “You laughing at me?  You laughing at me?!”  Meat responded by yanking in his hanging eyeball, and brandishing his cleavers at Gus.  The Slime Monster tossed the officer off the hood of the car then staggered toward Meat.  “Slime anyone?!” 

OK: 

The location is a Brooklyn street on the hottest day of the summer.  (The hotter Gus gets, the stronger he gets)

The fight is contested under the rules of Mortal Kombat. 

Meat and Gooey Gus are going in at full strength.  Whoever kills the other, wins. 

Game On! 

Good Match. I give the setup a 5.0.

• Like 1

Awesome. Not often do you see PBS characters in a Mortal Kombat setting. I am rooting for Gooey Gus to obtain his first victory. Seeing him here reminds me that I have always wanted to find a way to do a Ghostwriter vs. Ghost Rider match that makes some sort of sense lol.

• Like 1

Nice to see my man, Meat get some love in another contest. I think he's a fun character overall.

And yeah, this is a weird fight but I feel that it fits the vibe. I enjoyed this setup.

Given this is MK rules of combat, I'll give it to Meat for the slight advantage.

• Like 1

Interesting set-up, broadway. Meeting of the monsters, lol. 

As for the match, Meat definitely has the edge in combat skill, but I don't really see a way that he could take Gooey Gus out since Gus's only shown weakness is vegetable oil. I'd say the fight last for awhile until Gus manages to cocoon Meat and finish him off.

• Like 1

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.70 - DSkillz
4.80 - SSJRuss
4.60 - JohnnyChany
5.00 - Venom 2009

FPA Calculation:
4 Total Votes cast
19.10 Total Combined Score
19.10 / 4 = 4.78 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Meat: 1
Gooey Gus: 5

• Like 1

The Kombat had gone on longer than Shang Tsug had predicted.  The two abominations were surprisingly, easily matched.  Meat brutally hacked at Gooey Gus with his cleavers, even threw his heady and gnawed on the Slime Monster’s slimy hide, but Gus’ body quickly reformed itself.  And every time Gus managed to ensnare Meat in slime, he was able return into his blood form to spill out of the smallest crack.  But as the battle drew on, Meat began to tire.  And Gooey Gus? It just got madder. 

It finally grabbed a hold of Meat, and unleashed a final torrent of slime on him.  Then before the flesh creation could escape, Gus began to retract the slime into it’s body, dragging Meat with it.  Meat howled and clawed to break free from Gus’ grip, but it was no use.  With a final piercing wail, Meat’s body disappeared into Gooey Gus, never to be seen again.  With a slight red tint showing through it’s purple skin, Gooey Gus picked up the fallen cleavers, then held them above it’s head and roared it’s pre-recorded catchphrases to the sky. 

Shang Tsung looked on from his palace impressed.  Gooey Gus had peeked his interest, but a part of him had questioned how useful an Earthrealm toy brought to life would be to him.  But seeing it in action and seeing it’s ferocity confirmed the sorcerer’s suspicions.  He used his magic to summon Gooey Gus to his palace, and offered it a place as his personal champion.  “With the Slime Monster’s power,” Shang Tsung had said, “No warrior in the realms could stand against you.”  But Gooey Gus was not interested in glory or kombat.  It still burned with anger, and now it felt the bloodlust of Meat rising within it. 

Gooey Gus set about slaying and sliming the followers of Shang Tsung.  The sorcerer quickly realized that Gus could not be reasoned with, bought, or threatened.  At the risk of his palace being overwhelmed, Shang Tsung cast another spell that banished Gooey Gus to the Netherealm, satisfied that the mindless brute would never escape. 

But once again, Shang Tsung had miscalculated.  For the Slime Monster’s powers were driven not merely by rage, but by heat.  And in the fiery hellscape that is Netherealm? 

Well, still burning and steaming with rage and fueled by the unending fires, Gooey Gus grew in power and size, growing to a height of 50 feet.  It unleashed it’s fury on the denizens of Netherealm, but gradually something became clear in Gus’ twisted mind.  These beings weren’t laughing at it, they weren’t simply running away.  Some of them were offering themselves to it, calling it their king.  Worshiping it.  And Gooey Gus liked it. 

And so the Slime Monster, aided by it’s acolytes, began it’s takeover of Netherealm.  Gooey Gus tested it’s new powers, converting the lost souls of Netherealm into slime golems like it had been.  It continued absorbing victims into it’s body, trapped others in cocoons, and even regurgitated smaller, toy sized Gus-es to serve as it’s eyes and ears.  It’s only a matter of time before the Slime Monster and it’s minions break free from Netherealm. 

And on that day, only one thing will be certain. 

No one will be laughing. 

SLIME ANYONE?! 

• 1 year later...