MATCH SCORE
Batman: 2
Judas Breed: 0

Match 18052 Honoka (DOA) vs. Ibuki

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART 183

volasc.jpg.795b0bef1297764db0ee849920015aaa.jpg

The Dragon Shrine maiden, Momiji, stood with ancient seer, Viola, in a forest clearing.

“Are you ready?” Momiji asked gently.

“Yes. Are you sure this is the course of action you wish to take?” Viola wondered.

“Master Ryu is convinced it is the best move to make and I agree with him,” Momiji answered. (REF: GUY VS. RYO SAKAZAKI) “What have your visions been telling you, fortune teller, since you have been resuscitated?”

“That all stars will come together in the night sky above the tallest building in Japan,” Viola foretold.

“If everyone is converging in pursuit of Soul Edge wouldn’t you agree that pulling all of your allies together to defend its position would be a wise move?” 

“I have come around to the way of thinking that bringing us all in one place will only strengthen Soul Edge and bring its pursuers directly to us,” Viola countered.

“Good. We are not afraid. Better us to fight them on ground then on on thiers,” Momiji explained. “There are many good people in this fight and if we gather them here, evil won’t stand a chance.”

Viola acquiesced. “Very well. I will try to establish a link between myself and the other seers that have come into contact with Soul Edge.” Viola closed her eyes and mystical energy swirled around her.  “I have located the tomb guardian. She is in a rough patch (REF: RACHEL VS. ZAFINA) and her light is diminishing. Pretty soon it may extinguish all together.”

“I wonder if there is anything we can do to help her.”

“I can ask her permission to see through her eyes if it may be of assistance to her,” Viola announced.

“Yes, please.”

Viola was silent for a few moments. “She has agreed.”

Viola opened her eyes and they were nothing but pure white light. Similarly in the alleyway near the G-Corporation Millenium Tower where Zafina was fighting Rachel, her pupils also went completely white.

“She is losing a fight against a blonde warrior woman in black leather. I do not recognize her,” Viola proclaimed.

Momiji gasped. “Could that be Rachel? Kasumi had lost track of her.  (REF: ELIZA VS. NYOTENGU) Viola, are you able to speak through the tomb guardian? We may be able to save her as well as gain a powerful ally in this fight we thought we had lost.”

“Yes,” replied Viola.

Back in the alley, Rachel pinned Zafina against the wall with her long leather boot and cracked Zafina across the face with her war hammer. Zafina fell hard with a thud to the ground. Rachel turned her attention back to the reason she was there, Hwang. The ancient Korean hero was still slouched in pain next to a dumpster.

Rachel suddenly paused her walk back to him when she sensed an unfamiliar presence in the air. She readied herself for another fight but was caught off guard when she heard her name come from the mouth of her fallen opponent.

“Rachel! Are you the one named Rachel?” Zafina called out from the ground.

Rachel turned her body back toward Zafina and stepped toward her. “Do you know me?”

“This woman, Zafina, does not know you and is barely holding on to consciousness,” was the reply. “My name is Viola, I am a seer like Zafina and I am trying to stop the resurrection of Soul Edge.”

Rachel’s ears perked up. At that moment, a portal opened up next to Hwang and Zasalamel stepped through with the intention of taking the injured warrior as he had done with Maxi in Mexico. (REF: CASSANDRA ALEXANDRA VS. DARLI DAGGER) When the conversation between Zafina and Rachel reached his ears, he hesitated.

“I have come into contact with your friends, Momiji and Ryu Hayabusa, who also share that goal. Currently Ryu watches over the sword,” Viola informed via Zafina. “They have requested your presence to help them. Simply grab Zafina’s hand and we will show you the way.”

“It could be a trick,” the demon possessing Rachel since her fight with Shura opined. (REF: RACHEL VS. SHURA)

Rachel approached the hand with some hesitation. 

“If this is a trap and you have somehow hurt Hayabusa it will be the last mistake you ever make, seer,” she threatened.

Rachel took Zafina’s hand and convulsed as images filled her head. 

“Ryu, it’s really you. You’ve done it,” she marveled.

Rachel let go of Zafina’s hand and the images ceased.

“Now that you know the way it is important that you make haste and arrive as quickly as possible, the battles for the sword are imminent,” Viola instructed. She took note of Hwang a short distance away. “Also, bring Hwang with you he….” Viola stopped mid sentence when she recognized the hooded figure in close proximity to Hwang. “Zasalamel?”

The shock of seeing the immortal warrior startled Viola and broke her concentration. She lost her connection to Zafina and collapsed in Momiji’s arms.

“What happened? Are you alright?” Momiji asked.

Viola admonished herself. “He was there. I was giving out the directions on how to get to Soul Edge, and he was right there. How could I have been so foolish?”

“Whoever HE is, you gave the location to Rachel. He would have to get it from her, right?”

“Well yes, or he simply could follow her here, Zasalamel is nothing if not patient,” stated Viola. “If he does try a different way to get the information he could get here quicker than anyone else. He has power unlike anyone you have come across yet and an obsession with utilizing Soul Edge.”

“I see,” Momiji said solemnly. “Then it will be my duty to stop him. I feel responsible for the way he has found out, so it will be my responsibility to make sure he does not reach Soul Edge. Tell me everything you know about him.”

Back in the alleyway, Zasalamel slipped backward into the shadows as Zafina’s body slumped back to the ground. He remained out of view of Rachel as she spun on her heel to figure out what had just happened.

“Someone else is here,” she noted. “Who is Zasalamel?”

“Zasalamel is bad news,” answered Hwang.

Zasalamel weighed his options and considered revealing himself and attacking Rachel for the information she had just received, but then he thought better of it. All he would have to do is let her lead him to Soul Edge, He smirked and disappeared into a portal. In the alley, Rachel stood ready for anything with her war hammer held out firmly in front of her.

She eased her grip slightly. “That is strange, the presence has disappeared. What is going on here?”

—-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Athenasing.jpg.c39c0b595911546bbecc2de47477683f.jpg

Inside the Kanzuki Estate, Honoka went to go visit her favorite pop star, Athena Asamiya, who was recovering in a large guest room after her fight against Ibuki. (REF: IBUKI VS. ATHENA ASAMIYA)

“Are you sure there isn’t anything else I can get for you?” asked Honoka.

“You are so sweet, But, really, I am fine,” Athena insisted. “Karin’s staff has been taking good care of me. I only wish that…”

“What?”

“I wish I was out there actively helping instead of stuck up here recuperating,” Athena lamented.

“I’m sorry, Athena.” Honoka straightened out her arms and stomped on the ground. “This is all that stupid ninja girl’s fault. She had some nerve. The others should have let me teach her some respect.”

Athena smiled. “That wouldn’t have helped anything. Misunderstandings happen. And if she is skilled enough to take me down, she could be a great help.”

“Kyo and Ryu must not have thought so,” Honoka retorted. “They didn’t bring her along when they rushed out of here.”  (REF: RYU VS. OROCHI)

“Kyo and Ryu left?” asked Athena.

“Yeah, a little while ago,” Honoka confirmed.

“Is Karin back yet?” Athena inquired.

Honoka shook her head no. “She is still out with Ken helping Hitomi after her freakout.”  (REF: HITOMI VS. KEN MASTERS)

“Who is still here?” Athena wondered.

“That annoying ninja girl and uh.. Eliot. He came with Hitomi. He is a sweet boy. I’ve fought him before in the Dead or Alive tournaments.” An idea popped into Honoka’s head. “I bet he would love to meet you, he is just too shy which is why he hasn’t come up here yet. Hold on a minute, and I will go grab him. This will be great.”

“Always happy to meet my fans,” said Athena with a smile.

Honoka skipped out of Athena’s room and toward the main hall.

Near the kitchen area, Eliot and Ibuki were engaged in combat. (REF: IBUKI VS. ELIOT) Eliot’s short, impactful strikes against Ibuki were effective but his technique was off. Whereas Eliot typically fought a defensive fight, the unbridled rage controlling him through his exposure to Soul Edge caused him to ignore those principles and remain firmly in the offensive. This resulted in an overall sloppy showing from Gen Fu’s prized pupil. Ibuki took advantage of a whiffed forward strike from Eliot and hit him with a split kick in the air. She then jumped on his back and spun him out from behind before dropping a small explosive on him. The explosion propelled Eliot into the air where Ibuki was waiting with a swift combination of punches and kicks. Ibuki threw a couple of kunai at Eliot’s feet to lock him in place so that she could hit him with her combos uninterrupted until he was eventually knocked out.

“I’m sorry about this, but you need to calm down mister,” she declared.

Honoka entered the area just in time to see Ibuki’s final strikes.

“What are you doing?” Honoka demanded. “Leave him alone!”

“Wait a minute, I can explain,” said Ibuki.

“I don’t want to hear it, there is no good reason to attack Eliot. You are a bad person and I knew it from the moment I saw you,” Honoka accused. (REF: SHIKI VS. KAGE-MARU)

“No, no, no, he attacked me,” Ibuki insisted.

“Lies. Why would I believe you? First Athena, and now Eliot, you are a menace and you need to be dealt with.” Honoka declared.

Ibuki gave up her protestations and simply cursed her horrible luck as she readied herself to fight.

Tournament Summary for combatants:

Honoka defeated Hinako Shijou (King of Fighters) in Round 1, Edmund Honda (Street Fighter) in Round 2, and Kolin (Street Fighter) in Round 3

Ibuki defeated Mina Makijina (Samurai Shodown) in Round 1, Athena Asamiya (King of Fighters) in Round 2, and Eliot (Dead or Alive) in Round 3

Probably the most surprising of the characters still going to me. For reference, I have used 210 characters in this story and including these two fighters and the other two ongoing matches there are 22 characters left who have not lost or tied yet.

Another good set-up, Johnny. Looks like Zasalamel is going give the heroes yet some more trouble soon. 

As for the match, man, Ibuki just keeps getting caught up in these bad situations, lol. I think this is where her streak should probably end, though. She just finished up a fight with Eliot, and Honoka is also very good at mimicking styles, so between that and the fact Honoka's the fresher of the two probably should lead her to a victory.