General Kregg: 2
Stripe: 0
Brigade: 1

Match 18021 Cassandra Alexander vs. Darli Dagger

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART 179

1238032566_sonichurricane.jpg.0ed68319de19b1bc61e23f10d3d92307.jpg

On the helipad of the Freedom Survivor cruise liner, Guile crouched into a defensive position to shield himself from the malfested masked wrestler King’s rage fueled strikes in front of a large group of spectators. (REF: GUILE VS. KING) During an unfocused dropkick through the air by King, Guile leaped up and brought the wrestler down with a backbreaker. Afterward, once Guile saw an opening, he snapped forward and tagged King with a picture perfect Flash Kick. 

“Sonic Boom!”

Guile smashed King with his signature projectile. The shockwaves of the attack shook the entire helipad. Guile crossed his arms again and fired another Sonic Boom at King. The helipad shook again and as King tried to recover his footing, Guile slipped behind him, and rocked him with a vicious Dragon suplex. King rolled to his feet and attempted to grab Guile. Before he got his hands on the major, Guile performed one more Sonic Boom. This time he held it in place for his Sonic Hurricane technique and it put King in a temporary prison of violent vibration. When Guile finished the technique, King fell to the ground and his glowing orange eyes shut as he slipped into unconsciousness. Guile looked over his defeated opponent with sympathy in his eyes as he reflected on his own experience being controlled by Soul Edge. The two fighters were soon joined by a sprinting El Fuerte who ran past all the DOATEC security guards who were simply watching the fight.

“What happened?” asked the luchador.

“He was infected, I had to put him down,” answered Guile.

“How could this happen?” El Fuerte wondered. “He was fine before. I left him alone for a few minutes with some of Prime Minister Sobieska’s people and I came back and they were all gone.”

A stern-faced Helena Douglas also walked onto the helipad with an explanation. “Because they most likely were the ones that did this to him.”

“Come again.”

“I went to visit our holding cells when I heard someone else had been infected and I discovered that Shermie and Vice were both gone. The guards told me they were cheap shotted by a couple of Polish Intelligence officers. Now both officers as well as Vice and Shermie have disappeared from the Freedom Survivor.” Helena walked closer to King. “My hunch is they were using him as a diversion.”  

“Does that mean Prime Minister Sobieska broke them out of confinement?” Guile inquired.

“That is a good question. I can’t think of a good reason why she would do this, but she has much to answer for,” said Helena. “I just wanted to make sure you were okay first.”

Guile pulled out his comb to brush his hair for a moment. “I’m fine. I won’t let this interruption stop me from my mission. I am going to Mexico to find and bring in Cassandra Alexandra. Keep me apprised of any new information about Lidia or what Shermie and Vice could be up to.” (REF: KOKORO VS. SHIKI)

El Fuerte and a few other DOATEC security guards lifted up the body of King.

“Perdoname my friend, I never should have invited you to this hell,” El Blaze whispered. (REF: SOGETSU KAZAMA VS. JIN KAZAMA)

—-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

zasalamel.jpg.1e79fba2634e8c7fcee19bac659be255.jpg

Inside a bar on a Mexican port, music sensation and world renowned kickboxer, Dee Jay, was struggling to mount any offense against the mysterious and ominous Zasalamel. (REF: ZASALAMEL VS. DEE JAY) The jovial Jamaican went after Zasalamel with a roundhouse. The kick was blocked by the handle of Zasalamel’s scythe. Zasalamel then spun his scythe and slashed Dee Jay across the chest. The robed immortal followed this up by smashing his boot into Dee Jay’s face.

“Hey mon, I can’t let you do this!” Dee Jay’s stage hand and friend shouted.

Zasalamel twirled around and slammed the stage hand on the ground hard with an overhead swipe. He then raked his scythe across the man’s back. Zasalamel quickly returned his attention back to his primary foe. Dee Jay extended his leg for another kick.

Zasalamel stomped on the ground. “Stay frozen!”

A bright white light filled the bar as Zasalamel momentarily paused time. He took his scythe and performed a series of the three upward slashes on Dee Jay. knocking him into the wall. He swiped at Dee Jay’s legs with the scythe and put the muscular musician on the ground. Relentless, Zasalamel dug his scythe into Dee Jay’s flesh and lifted him in the air. He slammed Dee Jay into the wall, the ground, and the bar itself until the beating and the blood loss was too much for Dee Jay and he lost consciousness. 

Zasalamel smirked as he walked over to gather up his prize, the body of Maxi. At that moment, Cassandra Alexandra entered the bar preparing to give Dee Jay reward money for rescuing Maxi. (REF: CHRISTIE MONTIERO VS. DEE JAY) She gasped at the sight of Zasalamel.

“It can’t be,” she whispered.

Zasalamel chuckled as a portal formed behind him. “I’ll see you soon, noble warrior.”

Zasalamel stepped into the portal with Maxi in his arms and then vanished.

Cassandra quickly rushed over to check on the two badly injured men Zasalamel left in his wake. 

“We should have just minded our own business,” the stage hand said weakly.

“I am so sorry you were dragged into this. I will make sure the locals can get you somewhere to get the medical attention you need,” Cassandra declared. 

She stayed with the two until medical help arrived.

Cassandra then returned to where Maxi’s ship was docked and was confused to see members of Maxi’s crew throwing men with red and white striped shirts off the docks and into the ocean.

“What is going on?” she asked.

“Miss Alexandra, you’re back,” remarked one of the sailors. “It’s nothing to be worried about, just some riff raff trying to pick a fight. I don’t even think they were being serious. It was like they just wanted to rough house more than anything. They called themselves lily knights or something like that.”  The sailor then peered behind Cassandra. “Is the Captain not with you? Where is he at?”

“I need to talk to Darli. Is she still on the ship?” Cassandra responded.

“Yeah,” the sailor confirmed.

Cassandra boarded Maxi’s ship and looked around for Darli. When she couldn’t locate Maxi’s first mate, she went into the captain’s quarters. There she witnessed Darli Dagger with her foot stomping on a bruised and battered blonde pirate in a purple dress. (REF: BONNE JENET VS. DARLI DAGGER) Darli had her jagged saw sword resting under the chin of her fallen adversary.

“Who sent you?” Darli demanded.

“No one, I swear,” B. Jenet pleaded. “I just thought Soul Edge was some cool treasure. I don’t even want it anymore.”

Darli gritted her teeth. “I’m so tired of the betrayals and the sneak attacks, between you, Zarina (REF: DARLI DAGGER VS. ZARINA), and the guy with braids (REF: DARLI DAGGER VS. EDDY GORDO), I’ve had my fill. Why can’t you all just leave Maxi and I alone.”

“I’ve never met Maxi before, but I bet he’s a big hunk. I’m sure you guys make a real cute couple,” B.  Jenet blabbered in fear.

“Stupid girl, you don’t even know what you are talking about.” Darli applied more pressure to the jagged saw sword pressed against Jenet’s neck. “Perhaps I should cut you into pieces so the next person who tries to sneak on this ship will see you and understand the danger they are getting into.”

“Please don’t,” B. Jenet begged.

Cassandra finally broke her silence. “Darli! She has given up, stop it.”

As if snapping out of a trance, Darli suddenly lifted the sword away from B. Jenet’s neck.

“Get out of my sight,” she grumbled.

B. Jenet scampered to her feet.

“If I see you again, I will cut you in half,” Darli threatened.

“You won’t have to worry about that,” B. Jenet promised.

The spoiled would be Robin Hood escaped the room as quickly as she could.

“Are you feeling okay?” Cassandra inquired.

“I will be now that Maxi is back,” Darli confirmed. “Is he outside?”

Cassandra shook her head sadly. “I never got him.”

“Huh?”

“When I arrived at the location to pick him up he was being taken away by Zasalamel,” Cassandra informed.

“What do you mean taken away? Who is Zasalamel?”

“An immortal being, he is even older than Maxi and I,” Cassandra explained. “He is often manipulating things behind the shadows, to what end I don’t know.”

Anger rose in Darli’s voice. “You let him take Maxi.”

“No. I did not let him do anything. They disappeared in a portal together. I can’t follow that.” Cassandra became concerned by the aggressive expression on Darli’s face. “Darli, listen, we will get Maxi back. I promise you. We just have to figure out what Zasalamel is up to.”

“More excuses, more stalling,” Darli sneered. “How do I know for sure that you weren’t involved in all of this? You showed up right after he went missing. (REF: DEE JAY VS. JEFFRY MCWILD) You could be lying.”

“I know you're upset but you can’t possibly be serious in thinking that I….” Cassandra trailed off as a horrifying realization set in. “Darli, please you need to remain calm. You know those Soul Edge shards inside you feed off and amplify….” Cassandra trailed off again.

Darli Dagger screamed in frustration she then glared at Cassandra. “All of you are to blame! I don’t trust any of you!”

Cassandra’s eyes were filled with sadness. “Darli, no,” 

Darli Dagger’s eyes were filled with rage and an orange tint as the shards inside her took control.

Tournament Summary for combatants

Cassandra defeated Vice (King of Fighters) in Round 1, Kula Diamond (King of Fighters) in Round 2, and Blue Mary (Fatal Fury, KOF) in Round 3

Darli defeated Zarina (King of Fighters) in Round 1, Eddy Gordo (Tekken) in Round 2, and Bonne Jenet (Fatal Fury, KOF) in Round 3

Between the two of them they have taken down a decent amount of the KOF female fighter contingent plus Eddy Gordo lol

Another good set-up, Johnny. As the voted predicated, both Guile and Zasalamel dominated their match-ups. 

As for the match, I'm inclined to give it to Cassandra. I have a feeling that Cassandra's more powerful overall. She's also the fresher of the two since Darli's just coming off of a battle, and Darli's Soul Edge-induced rage is likely gonna hinder her focus.