Demoman: 0
Ogra: 3

Match 18009 Ibuki vs. Eliot

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART 177

kyoryu.jpg.11a5bef308a46bb66e0707782677c37c.jpg

“Hadoken!”

Ken Masters sent a fireball directly into Hitomi’s chest. The force from the projectile sent Hitomi crashing into a nearby vending machine in the train station where she and Ken were fighting. (REF: HITOMI VS. KEN MASTERS) The enraged Hitomi recovered, screamed in anger, and went back on the offensive against Ken with a series of strong punches that were blocked by Ken with great effort and an axe kick that Ken parried. Hitomi was starting to wear the world warrior down with her persistent attacks and Ken felt he needed to end the fight soon. As Hitomi recovered from her whiffed axe kick, Ken launched into his Shippu Jinraikyaku kick combo. He landed several kicks on Hitomi then launched her into the air to land even more strikes with his Tatsumaki Hurricane Kick. Hitomi crashed into a wooden bench. She struggled to return to her feet.

“Hadoken!”

Another fireball smashed into Hitomi and floored the German karate fighter for good. When it became clear that Hitomi was not going to get back up, Ken exhaled with relief. He looked around for signs of Kolin, but Gill’s right-hand woman had vanished during the confrontation.

Ken shook his head in disappointment. He took a few steps and stood over his fallen opponent.

“I’ll give you this much, you are one tough lady. After all that punishment, you just kept coming at me,” He knelt down next to her. “I was wrong to be so dismissive of the DOA tournament and its entrants. Hopefully we can have a proper rematch one day after we get you better.”

Ken dialed up Karin Kanzuki.

“How did it go?” Karin inquired. “Are you with Kolin?”

“No, the situation went sideways,” Ken responded. “That Hitomi girl went bezerk and fought me. She was out of her mind. It was just like those situations on the boat that Guile was telling us about. (REF: BAIKEN VS. SOPHITIA ALEXANDRA) Her eyes were orange and everything,”

“So she was infected on the Freedom Survivor,” Karin surmised.

“It seems so. And Kolin slipped out while we were battling.”

Karin sighed. “That poor girl. Fortunately, Helena sent some medics along with her and Eliot that were trained by Sophitia to treat the malfested.”

“Should I bring her back to the estate?” Ken wondered.

“No, what if she attacks you again on the way back? That could be a dangerous situation,” Karin opined. “We will come to you.”

“Ok then.”

“Were you able to get anything from Kolin before things got out of hand?” asked Karin.

“Yeah. Looks like Urien is angling to revive the ancient demon, Orochi, along with all of his Soul Edge shenanigans. That’s why Kolin was with Iori Yagami, she was placed with him by Urien to keep an eye on him,” Ken explained. (REF: IORI YAGAMI VS. CHARLIE NASH)

Karin gasped. “What is his angle? Is he trying to bring back every evil threat he has ever heard of?”

“Your guess is as good as mine. You should probably talk to Kyo before you come here. Few people have as much knowledge and history with Orochi,” Ken suggested.

“Good point. I’ll see you soon, Ken.”

Karin hung up with Ken and walked through her estate until she found Kyo Kusanagi and Ryu.

“I just talked to Ken,” she announced. “He is doing fine, but the mission was not a qualified success. It would appear that Hitomi was infected by one of the many other fighters on Helena’s ship. (REF: HITOMI VS. PAUL PHOENIX) Ken has incapacitated her for the time being so I’m taking the DOATEC medics with me to treat her. He did also mention that he discovered one of Urien’s goals is the resurrection of Orochi. Any thoughts Mr. Kusanagi?”

Kyo grimaced and massaged his temples. “I was worried things were leading to this. Man, everything always seems to go back to Orochi.”

“How would its seal be broken?” asked Ryu.

“It’s always weakened by a concentrated amount of high level fighting energy,” Kyo answered.

“The kind of thing that has been happening a lot lately,” stated Karin.

“Guys, Orochi is insanely strong. Probably the toughest opponent I have ever faced. Our best bet is to repair the seal before it is reawakened,” said Kyo.

“How do we do that?” Ryu wondered.

“We are going to need Iori and Chizuru and their sacred treasures,” explained Kyo. “It won’t be easy convincing Iori to help considering what happened to him recently the last time he was here. (REF: KEN MASTERS VS. IORI YAGAMI) Also, we don’t exactly keep each other on speed dial.”

“See what we can find on them, my estate is at your disposal. I am going to the train station, I should be back soon with Ken and Hitomi,” stated Karin.

As Karin stepped into another luxury vehicle, a worrisome thought occurred to her. 

“What about that boy, Eliot?” she wondered aloud. “I know at the moment that he is safe, but shouldn’t we check to see if he is infected as well?”

“Unless you have equipment that can detect small pieces of a magical weapon inside a person in that mansion of yours, I don’t know how we could,” one of the DOATEC medics reasoned.

“He should be fine. My guess is any overexposure would have surfaced when he was fighting in that MIST lab,” added the other medic.  (REF: ELIOT VS. LEO KLIESEN) “And to be honest, if by some small chance he does turn, you have Kyo and Ryu in there. Everyone says they are two of the top fighters in the world.”

“I don’t know if the prospect of another big fight inside my house is reassuring,” Karin countered. (REF: KOLIN VS. HONOKA)

However, Karin listened to the two medics and they drove off to the train station to reconnect with Ken.

Back inside the mansion, Kyo quickly dialed up Chizuru Kagura.

“Kyo! I was just about to call you. So, you must feel it too,” Chizuru said by way of greeting.

“Feel what? The weakening of the seal?”

“Yes. The return of Orochi is imminent, you must act now,” Chizuru declared.

“That’s why I’m calling, so we can work together to seal the damn thing,” said Kyo.

“I don’t know if there is enough time for all of us to come together and unfortunately I’m in no condition to help after our misadventure in the Mishima mausoleum,” Chizuru lamented. (REF: CHIZURU KAGURA VS. KAZUMI MISHIMA)

“What are you talking about?”

“My clan pinpointed a large surge of energy in a small airport hangar about forty miles north of you,” Chizuru explained.  (REF: KOKORO VS. SHIKI) “It must be the Hakkeshu. If left unchecked, Orochi will be unleashed within a few hours.”

“What?!?”

“Kyo, you must go there immediately and stop the energy surge!” Chizuru exclaimed. “When it has subsided, we can gather together with you, Iori, and someone able to utilize the Yata Mirror.”

“Ok, I understand. I’ll take care of it,” Kyo promised.

“Good luck, Kyo. We are all counting on you.”

After he hung up with Chizuru, Kyo turned to Ryu for assistance. “Come with me to the airport hangar. I’m not sure what we will find, but I am not too arrogant to ask for help.”

“Of course,” Ryu replied. “Do you want to bring some of the others as well?”

Kyo rejected this idea. “Ibuki, Eliot, and Honoka are all skilled fighters, but they are all just kids. Whatever is out there could be too dangerous for them and I don’t want to needlessly risk their lives.”

“How old were you when you first fought Orochi?” Ryu retorted.

“That was different, and I hope it doesn’t come to that.” Kyo stood firm in his decision. “I think the two of us together can beat just about anything so we should be enough.”

Ryu nodded. “I will get Karin’s butler to get us a car.”

—-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1305723142_genfueliot.jpg.ce887b73e591f2a28715c13d171e558d.jpg

After arriving at the Kanzuki Estate with Hitomi, Eliot suddenly found himself alone with no one really to talk to after she elected to leave with Ken. Unbeknownst to him, Eliot caught the eye of a hormonal teenage ninja on the rebound after being implicitly rejected by her secret crush. (REF: IBUKI VS. ATHENA ASAMIYA)

“We haven’t met yet, I’m Ibuki,” she announced cheerily after running up to the Xingyi Quan fighter. 

“Eliot,” he responded as she shook his hand.

“So, Eliot you must be a fighter, you definitely have the look of one,” Ibuki observed.

“That’s right. I was sent here with Hitomi by Miss Douglas to help you guys out.”

“Great. Have you received the tour yet?” Ibuki inquired.

Eliot shook his head no.

“Then allow me. This place is huge and it’s easy to get lost. I worked here for a summer so I know it like the back of my hand,” Ibuki informed.

“Umm… thanks,” Eliot stuttered.

Ibuki took Eliot by the hand and walked him around the estate showing him the different rooms and telling him stories about her time working for Karin. Eliot listened respectfully, but Ibuki wanted to draw him out more.

“So have you ever been around a real life ninja before?” she boasted.

“Actually yes, a few times,” answered Eliot. “I’ve had some interactions with the Mugen Tenshin clan, mostly Ayane, but I’ve seen Hayate and Kasumi at the tournaments.”

“The Mugen Tenshin huh?”

“Yeah, their competitors at the Dead or Alive tournament.” Eliot tapped his chin.  “Although come to think of it, I can’t remember the last one they actually competed in. But, they're always around. They’re awesome.”

Ibuki felt the need to immediately change the subject. “Are you hungry?”

“I could go for some tea,” Eliot stated.

“Ok, why don’t you have a seat right here at the table and I will get us some,” said Ibuki.

After Ibuki left the room, Eliot received a call. On the other end of the line was Brad Wong with terrible news. (REF: GEN VS. ASH CRIMSON)

“Hey, I don’t really know how to do this so I’m just going to come right out and say it. Gen Fu is dead.”

“What?!?”

“They found him dead at his house, sometime after we left. There are no suspects right now, but it sounds like it was definitely a professional hit. (REF: GEN VS. GEN FU) I’m sorry kid.” 

Emotions swelled up inside. “That can’t be right. Who would go after my master?”

Brad Wong sighed. “I don’t have a clue. But it’s true, he is really gone.”

“No. No. No,” Eliot repeated.

“Listen, Eliot, I know this is hard. I want you to know I’m here for you. I’ll call you back as soon as I have some more details. I just thought you deserved to know as soon as I did.”

Eliot hung up the phone. His breathing became heavy and he thought he was going to sob. Suddenly, the sadness turned into rage. 

“I should have been there!” he shouted.

“Hey! I’m ba….”

“I never should have left. If I would have stayed I could have stopped it!” Eliot proclaimed.

He slammed his fist down on the table in front of him and broke it in half. The burst of emotion startled Ibuki and she dropped the tea.

“Whoa! Hey! Karin is going to freak out if we destroy more of her furniture.” (REF: SHIKI VS. KAGE-MARU)

Eliot glared at Ibuki with glowing orange eyes. “Be quiet, girl!”

“Eliot, are you okay?”

Ibuki’s main strategy going into this will likely the to close the distance quickly and try to overwhelm Eliot with a flurry of quick attacks. She might be a “light” character but she strikes very fast and can lead to punishing combos that drain a health bar very fast.

On the other hand Eliot is what we call a “spear” fighter, or one whose gameplay is geared towards playing defense and keeping his foes at a distance and gradually wearing them down with short, powerful attacks that are especially devastating to lighter characters. 

So this could honestly go either way, it just depends on whether you believe Ibuki’s speed and movesets are fast enough to close the distance on Eliot and combo him, or if you think Eliot’s defense will be able to hold her off until he can take her out with several big hits.