Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

Match 17931 Sogetsu Kazama vs. Jin Kazama

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART 168

1479121104_kingandarmorking.jpg.60c1aca176e8af70c7c19efe1f9159a1.jpg

In front of a raucous Turkish wrestling crowd, King tagged El Blaze with a series of punches that knocked the luchador into the corner. (REF: KING VS. EL BLAZE) Once in the corner, King delivered a big boot to his opponent’s face followed by a drop kick. El Blaze fell flat to the mat. King sprung himself off the ropes for a moonsault and landed stiffly on El Blaze.

“1! 2! 3!”

King jumped to his feet and roared in exuberance. Then just as suddenly he collapsed into the corner as the effects of having three back (REF: KING VS. KING OF DINOSAURS) to back  (REF: KING VS. HAKAN) to back matches caught up with him. His friend, Craig Marduk, rolled into the ring to check on and congratulate the masked grappler.

Craig placed his hands on King’s shoulders. “That was incredible, man. I don’t think I have ever seen you go on a run like that. Legendary stuff.”

King formed his hand into a thumbs up gesture.

El Blaze sat up and rubbed his head. “Not the way I thought that would go. Nice moves, King.”

Hakan jumped into the ring and ran over to King. He attempted to hug the man who had previously defeated him but the Turkish oil still lingering on his body made it impossible to get a good grip.

“I admit I was a little jealous of the fans adoration for you before, but even I must admit that your three match gauntlet was one of the best wrestling displays I have seen in years,” Hakan said with enthusiasm.

Hakan raised King’s arm in the air much to the crowd’s delight. With no further surprise appearances, the wrestlers left the ring and made their way to the backstage area.

El Blaze congratulated King on his victory and remarked how much better a wrestler King was than El Blaze had initially thought. Still, El Blaze was disheartened that he was not able to accomplish his original goal of talking to the King of Dinosaurs. El Blaze’s demeanor brightened shortly thereafter when the two masked wrestlers were greeted by Hakan with King of Dinosaurs behind him.

“El Blaze, I heard you were looking for KOD so I had the event organizers track him down before he left the venue,” stated Hakan.

“That was very gracious of you, thank you.” El Blaze looked over to King of Dinosaurs. “I am hoping to reach one of your teammates, Ramon, to see if he can help my employer with some vital information.”

King of Dinosaurs roared that Ramon was suddenly a very popular guy. His former Team Mexico teammate had just called King of Dinosaurs to tell him about being confronted by Zangief, Armor King, and Tina Armstong all at the same time. (REF: ARMOR KING VS. ZANGIEF)

El Blaze was taken aback. “Tina and Armor King are with me. I guess they found another way to track him down. I hope his information has proven to be worth all this trouble.” (REF: CHUN-LI VS. RACHEL)

Despite his mission feeling like a wash, El Blaze was still fascinated by the fact that so many of his favorite wrestlers from across the globe like Zangief, King, Armor King, King of Dinosaurs, Bass and Tina Armstrong, were all converging together at the same time. He even had a long time, begrudging, respect for the bizarre brilliance of Hakan’s Turkish oil wrestling. It was like a wrestling promoter’s dream card was coming together on its own. El Blaze’s jaw almost hit the floor when King of Dinosaurs informed him that Ramon had coerced Zangief and Armor King into having a match.

With Ramon already located, El Blaze gave a call to Zack.to figure out what his next move should be.

“Yeah man, we were trying several different ways to contact Ramon. It looks like Tina just had the best angle,” Zack explained. “That doesn’t mean we can’t find a silver lining from your trip. You say the guy with the jaguar mask beat the guy with the dinosaur mask, the oil wrestler, and then you in consecutive matches?”

“Yes,” El Blaze confirmed.

“Well, that sounds like one of the best wrestlers in the world and somebody who could really help us out right now,” said Zack. “Lord knows we could use the assistance after half of our team was put in the infirmary when that little bastard turned the Freedom Survivor into a warzone. (REF: EL FUERTE VS. EL BLAZE) See if that King fella is up to joining the cause.”

“Will do,” replied El Blaze.

“He is one of those King of the Iron Fist fighters, right? We might get lucky and he will have some useful information about Yoshimitsu. They both seem like bizarre dudes, I bet they get along,” Zack guessed.

—--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jin.png.27f33d5ee4e863fe08c22403ebf161fa.png

In the Mishima Zaibatsu, Asuka Kazama and Crimson Viper fought pretty evenly back and forth, much to the surprise of Jin Kazama’s new right-hand woman.  (REF: ASUKA KAZAMA VS. CRIMSON VIPER) After blocking some of Asuka’s advances, Crimson Viper was suddenly struck by a strong right cross that knocked the secret agent to the ground. Viper quickly rolled back to her feet.

“I’ll give you this much, you pack some serious power in that little frame of yours,” Viper commented.

“You should not have underestimated me,” stated Asuka.

“Noted,” replied Viper.

Viper then hit back with a punching combo that ended with an electric shock from her power gloves. Asuka winced in pain. Quickly, she went right back on the offensive with a series of leg sweeps followed by a roundhouse kick that again sent Viper sprawling backward.

Crimson Viper rubbed her cheek as she recomposed herself. “You’re quite persistent too.”

Asuka charged aggressively at the pink haired fighter. Viper countered by clapping her two gloves together, sparking a good electrical discharge and then pounding ground, resulting in an electrical explosion that not only electrocuted Asuka, but also catapulted her into the air. Viper seized on this vulnerable state by unleashing a barrage of flame producing burn kicks on Asuka. Asuka slowly returned to her feet.

“This is going to hurt,” Viper warned.

She jumped and buried her knee in the side of Asuka’s face. Viper then wrapped her legs around Asuka’s shoulders and grabbed both sides of Asuka’s face with her gloves. She electrocuted the Kazama style martial artist for several seconds until Asuka fell flat on the ground.

Crimson Viper gently stepped over the body of her defeated opponent and adjusted her yellow glasses. “You may not be conscious enough to hear this, but know that I hold you and your abilities in the utmost respect.” She then looked at her surroundings. “Now where did Big Blue run off too? He might have reached Jin already by now.”

Sogetsu Kazama blasted through the last bit of Tekken Force security with a combination of his sword and his water based powers and then stepped into a large open area. The space was almost completely empty, save for a throne-like chair placed on a few steps at the northern part of the room. Upon that throne sat Jin Kazama, with a mix of boredom and irritation sketched on his face.

“Where is Kazuki?” Sogetsu demanded. “What have you done with him? I know he came here. (REF: JIN KAZAMA VS. KAZUKI KAZAMA) Where is my BROTHER?”

“Yet another ancestor,” Jin said nonchalantly. “I have always despised family reunions, and given my recent visitors, nothing has changed.”

“I don’t want to hear your cynicism. Where is Kazuki?” Sogetsu repeated.

“Your hot headed brother is being utilized to save the world,” Jin informed. “It may not be in a way of his choosing, but it is certainly more useful than what he was doing before, which is nothing.”

“What?”

“Kazuki told me. He told me you have been around for centuries. I didn’t believe it at first, but my scientists have confirmed it. And what have you done all this time with your power while the world burns?” scolded Jin. “Absolutely nothing but living in the shadows.”

“Don’t presume to lecture me boy,” Sogetsu shot back. “You have no idea what we have sacrificed in our lives. Including having to put down our own descendant before he destroys the world.”

Jin stood up from his throne and walked down the steps. 

“I am not destroying the world, I am saving it,” he insisted.

“Yes, I have seen the global destruction caused by your ‘saving it’ before. I’ll pass. You will no longer sully the Kazama name. Be forewarned I'm much more skilled than Kazuki. The time of your vice grip on the world has come to an end,” Sogetsu proclaimed.

“No, ancestor!” snapped Jin. “I have only begun!”

Learn More About
Sogetsu Kazama
Read more about Sogetsu Kazama at Wikipedia
Official Site: SNK Playmore Links: Wiki link - Sogetsu Official Samurai Spirits Page Fighter's Generation Page

Jin Kazama
Read more about Jin Kazama at Wikipedia
Official Site: Namco Links: Jin Wiki Entry Manji Clan: Jin Kazama Tekken Zaibatsu: Jin Kazama

Another good set-up, Johnny. As always, good to see you keeping up with this arc. 

As for the match, as mentioned, while it appears Sogetsu may initially give Jin a good fight, Jin will probably go Devil and overwhelm him. For Sogetsu's sake, he'd better hope C. Viper finds them and is fresh and powerful enough to assist.