Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 2
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Doctor Doom at Wikipedia
Official Site: Marvel Comics

Battle Terrain
Combat Terrain: Bar Fight

Still can't get over the picture, but I'll lead with two quotes: 

"Power Girl is vulnerable to magic and magic systems. Kara's Kryptonian biology is open to certain radiations, particularly magical energies whose chaotic electromagnetic or extra-dimensional signatures disrupt her body's stability. Power Girl's vulnerability to magic varies on the special effects of the magic. She can be injured and worn down by magical entities. Magic can have powerful and unpredictable effects and her magical enemies have often proven to be the most dangerous."

And: 

"Dr Doom is a sorcerer with skills in magic matching the most powerful beings in the Universe, making him a potential candidate for Sorcerer Supreme."

One of the fighter's greatest strenghts is the others weakness. 

13 hours ago, Culwych1 said:

Still can't get over the picture, but I'll lead with two quotes: 

"Power Girl is vulnerable to magic and magic systems. Kara's Kryptonian biology is open to certain radiations, particularly magical energies whose chaotic electromagnetic or extra-dimensional signatures disrupt her body's stability. Power Girl's vulnerability to magic varies on the special effects of the magic. She can be injured and worn down by magical entities. Magic can have powerful and unpredictable effects and her magical enemies have often proven to be the most dangerous."

And: 

"Dr Doom is a sorcerer with skills in magic matching the most powerful beings in the Universe, making him a potential candidate for Sorcerer Supreme."

One of the fighter's greatest strenghts is the others weakness. 

Ok, but could Power Girl just end the fight in a few seconds with one punch?

3 hours ago, Venom 2009 said:

Ok, but could Power Girl just end the fight in a few seconds with one punch?

Unfortunately not. This is Dr Doom with prep - and he has shown to be able to take blasts from the infinity gauntlet, from the Celestials, Iron Man's full power, Thor's hammer, Hulk's blows and much more. His forcefields are tremendous, and he will be able to tank what Power Girl throws his way long enough to cast whatever spells he has planned to imprison, depower or kill her in some way. 

Yeah, no. Doom’s forcefields crumbled like paper against a Superman level foe like the Sentry and he’s not gonna have prep here, Power Girl is gonna rip his armor off and pummel him.

41 minutes ago, C.T. said:

Yeah, no. Doom’s forcefields crumbled like paper against a Superman level foe like the Sentry and he’s not gonna have prep here, Power Girl is gonna rip his armor off and pummel him.

Sentry... I.e. the ones who's molecules are a step ahead of anyone else's. Who has shown to be immortal and invulnerable (recreated himself from molecular distruction).

Sentry who, in the moment you are talking about, caught Doom while he was fighting a group of avengers... the same Doom who had already tanked hits from Sentry and fought Iron Man.

The Sentry who has shown to be resistant to magic (as shown against Dr Strange) - as opposed to a Kryptonion who are specifically weak to magic.... (and in Power Girls case, also to sticks and stones?)

Noting also that in this case Doom has his prep, his Doombots and tech.

Completely different scenario, different opponent, so not sure why the comparison at all.

22 minutes ago, C.T. said:

he’s not gonna have prep here, 

And he does have prep here.

The specific requirement for the category was Tier 4. Doom is specifically listed as: "4-B with Doombots, technology, and preparation". 

41 minutes ago, Culwych1 said:

Sentry... I.e. the ones who's molecules are a step ahead of anyone else's. Who has shown to be immortal and invulnerable (recreated himself from molecular distruction).

Sentry…who at the time that he ripped Doom’s armor like paper, was just a Superman clone, none of the molecular manipulation or any of that. So that’s not really relevant, not sure why you brought it up.

Secondly, no, it is a common misconception but a misconception nonetheless that kryptonians are weak to magic. It is not a weakness, they just don’t have any inborn defenses against it. In other words it affects them like it would any other normal person, but it’s not an out and out weakness like kryptonite.

40 minutes ago, Culwych1 said:

And he does have prep here.

The specific requirement for the category was Tier 4. Doom is specifically listed as: "4-B with Doombots, technology, and preparation". 

No he won’t, he has no idea who this stranger from another universe is, there will be no prep lol.

Power Girl has no explicit defense against magic, but that’s not gonna matter much when she takes Doom apart before he can utilize much of it.

20 hours ago, C.T. said:

Sentry…who at the time that he ripped Doom’s armor like paper, was just a Superman clone, none of the molecular manipulation or any of that. So that’s not really relevant, not sure why you brought it up.

I thought they were the same, but he did have substantial powers - and the other points are completely valid. Doom was fighting the avengers.... and had already tanked hits from Sentry and Iron Man - both which have substantial damage output. I don't see how you can then draw the conclusion that anyone is dismantling Doom before he can cast a spell when the same example you are giving has seen his shields and armour survive considerable hits from the Sentry, Iron Man, Ares and more. 

And Sentry has shown to be resistant to magic! Something which Kryptonians are not as per the following:

20 hours ago, C.T. said:

Secondly, no, it is a common misconception but a misconception nonetheless that kryptonians are weak to magic. It is not a weakness, they just don’t have any inborn defenses against it. In other words it affects them like it would any other normal person, but it’s not an out and out weakness like kryptonite.

Here Batman compares the effect of magic on a Kryptonian to that of garlic on a vampire! 

Here magic renders a kryptonian vulnerable to what is effectively a papercut. 

Plenty more examples: here, here, here or here. 

If Doom is surrounded by magic - and we have seen he has access to the powers of Cytorak in his armour and shields amongst others, then Power Girl is not getting through any of his defences and he is free to do as he pleases!

20 hours ago, C.T. said:

No he won’t, he has no idea who this stranger from another universe is, there will be no prep lol.

I think he would figure out who is opponent is - this is Doom we're talking about. But if not - prep for battle is still prep - strongest armour, a legion of Doombots, magic forceshields and more. The guy can time travel, can cast spells which steal peoples souls and more. All of which, by the examples above, he will have plenty of time to do even if he wasn't prepped for battle - which he is as per this category. 

Stats-wise, it appears Power Girl has the edge and could potentially take Doom down quickly. The real question here may be: would she? 

From what I've seen of Power Girl, she doesn't really have the ruthlessness of, say, Black Adam. She may not really need to take it that far, but it's possibly she may hesitate to finish the job as quickly as she should.

1 hour ago, DSkillz said:

Stats-wise, it appears Power Girl has the edge and could potentially take Doom down quickly. The real question here may be: would she? 

From what I've seen of Power Girl, she doesn't really have the ruthlessness of, say, Black Adam. She may not really need to take it that far, but it's possibly she may hesitate to finish the job as quickly as she should.

May have to disagree with the stats on paper bit. 

Whilst she certainly is no slouch, key reasons:

- Dr Doom has shown to be able to withstand, at least for a while, hits far more powerful than what she is capable of

- Her main weakness is magic, almost to the point of being completely depowered if Superman is anything to go by

- Dr Doom is one of the most powerful sorcerors in Marvel Universe, and has used his powers to send people through time, to steal their powers and more

- He will also have all his technology and a legion of Doombots, all of which have shown to be able to also cast spells and hold strong forcefields

- He is ruthless, and would not hesitate to go for the kill

Doom's standard, walking around kit, is prep for a tango with the Avengers/Fantastic Four and has tanked punches from the likes of Iron Man, Ares, She-Hulk, The Thing, and Colossus just off the top of my head. While none of those are in Power Girl's neighborhood in strength except maybe Ares and the Thing,  I think his shields should give him enough of a time to think of a plan and deny a potential alpha strike.

Power Girl's main edge is being significantly faster than most opponent's Doom faces. Doom does not normally contend with speedsters.

0tnqscCz1CnCLOvOeHsVJlPjxfI9dKZFma_8Zbo4

nyQjE1jHfpPM3uz-v--a_y6batOaOXpAmyOvpEB8

and is not used to super speeds.

However, I'm having a hard time finding a time Power Girl went for a speed blitz as her opening gambit. She tends to approach at super speed and then land a big ole punch. So I think it comes down to who comes up with an alternate strategy first, and to that end I am leaning Doom but I do find it conceivable PG could get a win.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Twogunkid said:

Doom's standard, walking around kit, is prep for a tango with the Avengers/Fantastic Four and has tanked punches from the likes of Iron Man, Ares, She-Hulk, The Thing, and Colossus just off the top of my head. While none of those are in Power Girl's neighborhood in strength except maybe Ares and the Thing,  I think his shields should give him enough of a time to think of a plan and deny a potential alpha strike.

Power Girl's main edge is being significantly faster than most opponent's Doom faces. Doom does not normally contend with speedsters.

0tnqscCz1CnCLOvOeHsVJlPjxfI9dKZFma_8Zbo4

nyQjE1jHfpPM3uz-v--a_y6batOaOXpAmyOvpEB8

and is not used to super speeds.

However, I'm having a hard time finding a time Power Girl went for a speed blitz as her opening gambit. She tends to approach at super speed and then land a big ole punch. So I think it comes down to who comes up with an alternate strategy first, and to that end I am leaning Doom but I do find it conceivable PG could get a win.

Remember Power Girl will be facing Doombots as well. So Doom could conceivably wait and watch her pummel those.