Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

12:15 - Tyr vs. Horus

UMPIRE

SEASON 12, ROUND 15

Tyr

Slot: The Team's Deity
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Tyr at this Wiki
Official Site: Public Domain

Horus

Slot: The Team's Deity
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Horus at this Wiki
Official Site: Public Domain

Battle Terrain
Deities: Sway Pirates

Well, Horus is the Egyptian god of the sky and kingship. Ancient Egyptian armies had plenty of experience with sea travel and warfare, so that's common ground he could have with pirates. Also, with Horus being the god of the sky and pharoah, he could promise the pirates that they could sail under calm skies and give them a nice chunk of the pharoah's wealth. 

People may look at Tyr and say "Norse God, he's good with Vikings, so he might be good with pirates". Looking deeper into it, though, Tyr is, among other things, the Norse god of justice, so the rougish pirates may not want to deal with him for long.

10 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Well, Horus is the Egyptian god of the sky and kingship. Ancient Egyptian armies had plenty of experience with sea travel and warfare, so that's common ground he could have with pirates. Also, with Horus being the god of the sky and pharoah, he could promise the pirates that they could sail under calm skies and give them a nice chunk of the pharoah's wealth. 

People may look at Tyr and say "Norse God, he's good with Vikings, so he might be good with pirates". Looking deeper into it, though, Tyr is, among other things, the Norse god of justice, so the rougish pirates may not want to deal with him for long.

Pirates had their own pirate codes, which were a sense of justice. They pillaged and raided, sure, but they weren't people without justice. Is it fundamentally different from, say, warriors raiding and plundering for their king's whims? The pirates just cut out the middle man

Gah, this round falling on New Year's turned out to be a bad time for me. I did log in on New Year's Eve but I didn't have time to post. Might've cost me a shot at getting in the Death Matches. :( 

But I digress ... 

On 12/31/2021 at 2:27 AM, Peypeypeypey said:

Pirates had their own pirate codes, which were a sense of justice. They pillaged and raided, sure, but they weren't people without justice. Is it fundamentally different from, say, warriors raiding and plundering for their king's whims? The pirates just cut out the middle man

A pirate's interpretation of justice may not matter here. Tyr's main role as a god was to upload law and justice, so it's likely he may have done so in the strictest sense of both. Pirates' idea of justice very likely may not hold up to Tyr's standards, so they may not be so inclined to follow him and may instead incur his wrath.

In the meantime, Horus could possibly cater to a pirate's needs more directly. He could promise them at least a share of the pharoahs' riches and assure that they are safe from the weather on their journeys on the seas.