Slot: The Team's Cannon Fodder
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about The Zerg Swarm at this Wiki
Official Site: Blizzard Entertainment

Battle Terrain
Cannon Fodder Challenge: Medieval Reenactment

Alright, so I think the Zerg are going to have an overwhelming numerical advantage, along with speed and strength advantages. They should be able to toss around one he fire nation soldiers. They should also be able to control the battlefield with their speed.

4 hours ago, Magnamax said:

Alright, so I think the Zerg are going to have an overwhelming numerical advantage, along with speed and strength advantages. They should be able to toss around one he fire nation soldiers. They should also be able to control the battlefield with their speed.

I think the zerg lose by default as this is a MEDIEVAL REENACTMENT 

2 hours ago, Mercenaryblade said:

I think the zerg lose by default as this is a MEDIEVAL REENACTMENT 

Dunno what you mean by that. There are plenty of combatants that don’t fit strictly into a medieval setting, the point is how they would do when out into a medieval reenactment.

Give the Zerg some armor, shields, and fake swords and they are still bullying the fire nation foot soldiers. They’re faster and stronger, which suits a medieval-style reenactment really well.

2 minutes ago, Magnamax said:

Dunno what you mean by that. There are plenty of combatants that don’t fit strictly into a medieval setting, the point is how they would do when out into a medieval reenactment.

Give the Zerg some armor, shields, and fake swords and they are still bullying the fire nation foot soldiers. They’re faster and stronger, which suits a medieval-style reenactment really well.

I don't know Fire Nation Grunts can handle a Medieval Times. The Zerg could not keep cohesion. While, warfire is chaos, Middle Ages warfare relied heavily on formations and discipline. Even if we say that the Zergs are somehow more convincing than the fire nation here... the Fire Nation Grunts are military troops in a quasi-medieval quasi-Asian setting and are going to do better with something they are already familiar with.

4 hours ago, Magnamax said:

Let's put it this way, would you go to a historical reenactment and see giant bugs? No. Would you go to a historical reenactment and see zombies? No. This is a historical presentation, not a LARP. 

This is a scenario where the Zerg just fail at like the various zombies people picked. 

Fire Nation footsoldiers however are already somewhat medieval style infantry. 

On 12/23/2021 at 1:04 AM, Mercenaryblade said:

Let's put it this way, would you go to a historical reenactment and see giant bugs? No. Would you go to a historical reenactment and see zombies? No. This is a historical presentation, not a LARP. 

This is a scenario where the Zerg just fail at like the various zombies people picked. 

I disagree with this. The reason the zombies fail by default isn't because they don't belong there. If that were the case, people like ninjas would pretty much automatically fail too for being very out of place. The reason zombies fail here is because they're just not smart enough to take up arms and form ranks. This also applies to things like Gremlins, Critters, etc. If Zerg are smart and coordinated enough to do well they could win here

On 12/23/2021 at 8:26 AM, Peypeypeypey said:

I disagree with this. The reason the zombies fail by default isn't because they don't belong there. If that were the case, people like ninjas would pretty much automatically fail too for being very out of place. The reason zombies fail here is because they're just not smart enough to take up arms and form ranks. This also applies to things like Gremlins, Critters, etc. If Zerg are smart and coordinated enough to do well they could win here

Ninjas would not fail by default because they know arms training, and can likely be coordinated, and would blend in while wielding medieval weapons. Have you seen a medieval reenactment? Goblins, ninjas, most of the competitors can don armor and not stick out like a sore thumb.

This is what a typical medieval reenactment is like

Portraying medieval soldiers is a large part of these events. It's the same reason you don't see Steampunk at a Civil War reenactment.  

On 12/23/2021 at 2:04 AM, Mercenaryblade said:

The question isn’t who would I rather see, but who would win the reenactment battle (for the record I would absolutely pay to see the Zerg in a reenactment).

The Zerg are used to running coordinated attacks into the teeth of highly advanced military technologies. They are used to tanking gunfire, then ripping into armor and defenses far more advanced than what happens here. I don’t think it matters if the fire nation troops are more used to handling a spear or having quasi-military tactics, the Zerg are just going to run them over.

On 12/23/2021 at 10:26 AM, Peypeypeypey said:

Zerg are well coordinated usually, they love together and fats to overwhelm most opponents. They’ve been well-coordinated to the point where they win most fights against other civilizations.