Slot: The Team's Survivor
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Din Djarin at this Wiki
Official Site: Disney+ Originals

Battle Terrain
Sidekick vs. Terrain

⁸After seeing the arguments from the previous Overlook match, I could see a lot of those coming into play here. The Hotel does not need to wait in order to stalk its prey as seen in Doctor Sleep. It has been hinted that Din has a tragic past and is possibly haunted by it as seen in some flashbacks. Also with his distaste for Droids and his relationship with Grogu, the Hotel could definitely play to those emotions

With that Din is better equipped than Ripley (who was used in the previous round against the Hotel) and highly skilled. I could see his armor and tech being an ultimate factor in helping him survive. He only has to make it a day in the Hotel.

2 hours ago, Boratz said:

⁸After seeing the arguments from the previous Overlook match, I could see a lot of those coming into play here. The Hotel does not need to wait in order to stalk its prey as seen in Doctor Sleep. It has been hinted that Din has a tragic past and is possibly haunted by it as seen in some flashbacks. Also with his distaste for Droids and his relationship with Grogu, the Hotel could definitely play to those emotions

With that Din is better equipped than Ripley (who was used in the previous round against the Hotel) and highly skilled. I could see his armor and tech being an ultimate factor in helping him survive. He only has to make it a day in the Hotel.

So I watched Dr. Sleep after that match, and I'm not 100% sure it can be counted for this match. While it does take place partly in the Overlook Hotel, I thought the reason the spirits were so much more powerful was because of the presence of so many people with the Shining, and because of some Spoiler-y stuff that they do throughout the movie. I'm not 100% sure the Overlook Hotel could really do what it did in that movie all the time, or if it was just because of what happened in the movie that made them so much more powerful. Sorry if that's vague, I don't want to give spoilers

EDIT: To clarify, I'm not saying the Overlook Hotel definitely couldn't do the more powerful stuff, just that I'm not sure

56 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

So I watched Dr. Sleep after that match, and I'm not 100% sure it can be counted for this match. While it does take place partly in the Overlook Hotel, I thought the reason the spirits were so much more powerful was because of the presence of so many people with the Shining, and because of some Spoiler-y stuff that they do throughout the movie. I'm not 100% sure the Overlook Hotel could really do what it did in that movie all the time, or if it was just because of what happened in the movie that made them so much more powerful. Sorry if that's vague, I don't want to give spoilers

EDIT: To clarify, I'm not saying the Overlook Hotel definitely couldn't do the more powerful stuff, just that I'm not sure

I've read the Stephen King novel The Shining and also seen the film of course. There's nothing in there that gives limiting rules (like a ramp-up time) or power caps on the Overlook.

Things happen in the novel that do not happen in the Kubrick film. For example, the Hedge Maze does not exist in the book - instead the Overlook has topiary animals which become murderously animated.

That may have been captured in the more recent Shining film which I have not seen.

overlook-topiary.jpg

The Overlook seems to do what it does when it wants to.

It does not operate on an identifiable rules based system.  In The Shining, it simply may have found messing with the Torrence family over the winter more entertaining because

A. It's fun when dad goes nuts with an axe.

B. the Torrence family isn't going anywhere, so take your time.

In Doctor Sleep, however, it is shown that the SHTF pretty much upon entering.

I guess I could also bring up Ready Player One, noting that the Overlook has immediate physical threats for video game players, but that's kind of a tangent.

Point being it does powerful stuff when it is called for, apparently.

Anyways, the terrain has to be survivable for a normal human, and the Overlook is survivable. But it has several attack vectors that make it extremely dangerous. It is certainly not a cakewalk terrain for any contender.