Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Clock King at this Wiki
Official Site: DC Comics

Battle Terrain
Kidnap Alfred

1 hour ago, Mercenaryblade said:

Clock king is a great tactition able to plan things down to a second, Alfred follows a routine and that gives CK the edge here.

I don’t think timing overrules versatility and escape routes. Ratcatcher has the ability to use the sewer system in Gotham to move prisoners around. I think it’s far more likely that an army of rats is able to infiltrate and grab Alfred.

It’s important to note that Rat Catcher has given Batman serious problems before. To an extent that he thinks Ratcatcher is a real threat.

Ratcatcher getting best of Batman: https://m.imgur.com/a/7ReaNzu

Ratcatcher able to coordinate messages and control his plan using rats: https://m.imgur.com/a/pXzLCUw

Batman saying Ratcatcher is a real threat without prep: https://m.imgur.com/a/XS1VdC3

This is a really difficult one. You could make a case for either, and it would be a reasonable argument.

Alfred is an orderly personality that has a schedule which give Clock King and advantage.

Alfred visits the Batcave which for sure has bats in it, and surely rats in some capacity. To be fair, bats are flying rats. That give Rat Catcher an advantage.

but the question before us is... "Who can get ransom money?"  Which one of these blokes is most likely to get one red cent out of Bruce Wayne?  I favor Clock King to be one step ahead of the Detective and get a pay day.

13 hours ago, Fox said:

This is a really difficult one. You could make a case for either, and it would be a reasonable argument.

Alfred is an orderly personality that has a schedule which give Clock King and advantage.

Alfred visits the Batcave which for sure has bats in it, and surely rats in some capacity. To be fair, bats are flying rats. That give Rat Catcher an advantage.

but the question before us is... "Who can get ransom money?"  Which one of these blokes is most likely to get one red cent out of Bruce Wayne?  I favor Clock King to be one step ahead of the Detective and get a pay day.

I guess I disagree that Clock King being good with schedules makes him better at abducting Alfred. Does he have any evidence of being able to break into something like the Batcave? Ratchet being able to leverage rats to infiltrate, escape, and keep Alfred hidden will make him more likely to get a payday. Plus, I think he has much more experience with Batman.

3 hours ago, Magnamax said:

I guess I disagree that Clock King being good with schedules makes him better at abducting Alfred. Does he have any evidence of being able to break into something like the Batcave? Ratchet being able to leverage rats to infiltrate, escape, and keep Alfred hidden will make him more likely to get a payday. Plus, I think he has much more experience with Batman.

Well, there have been several versions of the Clock King, which are detailed in the Wikipedia page.

It really depends on how generous you want to be with the version. I'm opting for a generous interpretation.

Quote:

The second Clock King has the always-active ability to see what is about to happen four seconds or so into the future, allowing him to anticipate an opponent's every move.[14] He is also a technological genius, creating devices such as teleporters, communications jamming equipment, and even an anti-gravity platform, all of them modelled after timepieces.

Robust (to the second) planning coupled with items such as teleporters and communications jammers looks attractive to me in this scenario.

I imagine that extorting Bruce Wayne takes some serious planning.

3 hours ago, Fox said:

Well, there have been several versions of the Clock King, which are detailed in the Wikipedia page.

It really depends on how generous you want to be with the version. I'm opting for a generous interpretation.

Quote:

The second Clock King has the always-active ability to see what is about to happen four seconds or so into the future, allowing him to anticipate an opponent's every move.[14] He is also a technological genius, creating devices such as teleporters, communications jamming equipment, and even an anti-gravity platform, all of them modelled after timepieces.

Robust (to the second) planning coupled with items such as teleporters and communications jammers looks attractive to me in this scenario.

I imagine that extorting Bruce Wayne takes some serious planning.

By the same token, the original Clock King has no powers and is described like this, which feels closer to the “worst villain” category here: 

With several other villains, the Clock King becomes a member of the Injustice League, a team of out-of-luck supervillains who, when banding together, become even less successful than they have been in their individual careers.[5] The Injustice League is defeated time and again by the Justice League International, at least when they are not making laughingstocks of themselves. Trying to reform, the members later become the core of the equally laughable hero team Justice League Antarctica.

36 minutes ago, Magnamax said:

By the same token, the original Clock King has no powers and is described like this, which feels closer to the “worst villain” category ...

Yeah, that's fair.  The original would stand much less of a chance in this scenario, though.