Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Predator Pyramid at this Wiki
Official Site: Twentieth Century Fox

Battle Terrain
Sidekick vs. Terrain

Just a reminder.

Once the hunt begins. The Pyramid rearranges itself every few minutes. 

Meaning those inside can get killed by shifting walls and floors etc.

Then you have xenomorphs runnings around. Especially for somebody like Eli who generally fight up close this is bad as they have acid blood.

Even if one manages to not get killed by the Pyramid or the Xenos. You are still being hunted by Predators.

And that's not the end let's assume you can escape all that and get to the surface.

Once you do you still have to contend with the Antarctic conditions.

Eli is a bad-ass, but he does not have the gear ( survival or weapons ) or the appropriate skill set to survive this.

Sure I can maybe see him taking down a Predator in the right circumstances or getting lucky with a Xeno, but against multiples of each and a couple of environments that are almost as deadly as there occupants.

His luck is gonna run out.

2 minutes ago, RiotGear said:

Just a reminder.

Once the hunt begins. The Pyramid rearranges itself every few minutes. 

Meaning those inside can get killed by shifting walls and floors etc.

Then you have xenomorphs runnings around. Especially for somebody like Eli who generally fight up close this is bad as they have acid blood.

Even if one manages to not get killed by the Pyramid or the Xenos. You are still being hunted by Predators.

And that's not the end let's assume you can escape all that and get to the surface.

Once you do you still have to contend with the Antarctic conditions.

Eli is a bad-ass, but he does not have the gear ( survival or weapons ) or the appropriate skill set to survive this.

Sure I can maybe see him taking down a Predator in the right circumstances or getting lucky with a Xeno, but against multiples of each and a couple of environments that are almost as deadly as there occupants.

His luck is gonna run out.

My memory of the AvP film is hazy, but Eli is deposited by himself into the challenge.

If memory serves, the reason the pyramid went active was because there was a team bumbling around the place, with enough cannon fodder for somebody to discover the Xenomorph egg and start the cycle.

Actually, and I'm really trying to think back now, I think they even had to activate something to even progress to that point.

I'm just saying, Eli is blind isn't he? If he just sits in place and doesn't go bumbling around then, essentially, nothing happens. Is that not true?

2 minutes ago, Fox said:

My memory of the AvP film is hazy, but Eli is deposited by himself into the challenge.

If memory serves, the reason the pyramid went active was because there was a team bumbling around the place, with enough cannon fodder for somebody to discover the Xenomorph egg and start the cycle.

Actually, and I'm really trying to think back now, I think they even had to activate something to even progress to that point.

I'm just saying, Eli is blind isn't he? If he just sits in place and doesn't go bumbling around then, essentially, nothing happens. Is that not true?

The humans kicked things off early if you will, but what they did is something the Predators we're going to to anyway.

The Pyramid was set up to facilitate the hunt/test.

So even if Eli doesn't activate it himself the Predators will.

4 minutes ago, RiotGear said:

The humans kicked things off early if you will, but what they did is something the Predators we're going to to anyway.

The Pyramid was set up to facilitate the hunt/test.

So even if Eli doesn't activate it himself the Predators will.

OK, so it seems Eli is safe from Xenomorphs because he will not be the one to start the cycle.

So, if we assume Predators show up in this random 24 hour period (which I would not say is any sure thing), then Eli is blind, unarmed, has no weapon skills.  By Predator culture, this harmless disabled man is not prey.  THey would have no interest in Eli.

I don't really have a dog in this fight, but I remember that the Pyramid operates on rules. Seems you don't have to worry too much if you just don't play.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fox said:

OK, so it seems Eli is safe from Xenomorphs because he will not be the one to start the cycle.

So, if we assume Predators show up in this random 24 hour period (which I would not say is any sure thing), then Eli is blind, unarmed, has no weapon skills.  By Predator culture, this harmless disabled man is not prey.  THey would have no interest in Eli.

I don't really have a dog in this fight, but I remember that the Pyramid operates on rules. Seems you don't have to worry too much if you just don't play.

WarGames - "The Only Winning Move" - YouTube

2 hours ago, Fox said:

Once the cycle is started there is nothing stopping the facehuggers, queen if she frees herself, or the eventual Predator based Xenos from coming after Eli.

A specific 24 hours didn't seem to be a question when were discussing the Poseidon.

Where it was assumed to be post crash, what is difference here?

Eli may be blind, but he routinely carries multiple weapons and will go on the defensive if he perceives danger from Predators or Aliens.

Even if for some reason the Predators leave him alone. Which they wont. Infact they may want to use him as a host sacrifice, but if they do ignore him he still has to contend with the Pyramid itself, the Xenos and/or the Antarctic elements.

Surviving this place is like surviving a combination of Aliens, Predator, The Cube, and Hoth. 

3 hours ago, Fox said:

My memory is similar. I don’t think Eli would trigger anything with the Xenomorphs, and isn’t it a random time when the predators actually go hunting in the arctic? 

The predators used this as a hunting ground for the xenos, so they wouldn’t be hunting Eli, in fact I don’t think there’s a guarantee that there will be anything hunting Eli. 

26 minutes ago, RiotGear said:

Once the cycle is started there is nothing stopping the facehuggers, queen if she frees herself, or the eventual Predator based Xenos from coming after Eli.

A specific 24 hours didn't seem to be a question when were discussing the Poseidon.

Where it was assumed to be post crash, what is difference here?

Eli may be blind, but he routinely carries multiple weapons and will go on the defensive if he perceives danger from Predators or Aliens.

Even if for some reason the Predators leave him alone. Which they wont. Infact they may want to use him as a host sacrifice, but if they do ignore him he still has to contend with the Pyramid itself, the Xenos and/or the Antarctic elements.

Surviving this place is like surviving a combination of Aliens, Predator, The Cube, and Hoth. 

I think it’s presumptuous that any of that will be set out and going after Eli. The Poseidon is different because it’s a specific event. The Predator pyramid is something sits dormant for long periods of time before the predators show up. In the movie, it’s pretty heavily suggested that it was last visited in a time where a Mayan esque civilization were used as human sacrifices.

Even if all of this is true. The predators and aliens would be going after each other, not Eli. A scientist was able to survive 24 hours in the movie, and Eli is a much better survivalist than that woman. He’s a good bet to to make it 24 hours, especially since the threats don’t immediately get going. Either from this not being a threatening enough environment, or from him not being really pursued by the threats, Eli takes this. 

1 hour ago, Magnamax said:

My memory is similar. I don’t think Eli would trigger anything with the Xenomorphs, and isn’t it a random time when the predators actually go hunting in the arctic? 

The predators used this as a hunting ground for the xenos, so they wouldn’t be hunting Eli, in fact I don’t think there’s a guarantee that there will be anything hunting Eli. 

I think it’s presumptuous that any of that will be set out and going after Eli. The Poseidon is different because it’s a specific event. The Predator pyramid is something sits dormant for long periods of time before the predators show up. In the movie, it’s pretty heavily suggested that it was last visited in a time where a Mayan esque civilization were used as human sacrifices.

Even if all of this is true. The predators and aliens would be going after each other, not Eli. A scientist was able to survive 24 hours in the movie, and Eli is a much better survivalist than that woman. He’s a good bet to to make it 24 hours, especially since the threats don’t immediately get going. Either from this not being a threatening enough environment, or from him not being really pursued by the threats, Eli takes this. 

The plan on the Predators part was to activate everything anyway. The humans just activated it sooner then the Predators wanted.

An armed human in there midsts is also gonna get hunted, we saw this happen in the film.

The Poseidon had a career as a cruise ship before it sank. The sinking is a small part of it's existence. Same thing applies here.

The scientist was not alone.

12 minutes ago, RiotGear said:

The plan on the Predators part was to activate everything anyway. The humans just activated it sooner then the Predators wanted.

An armed human in there midsts is also gonna get hunted, we saw this happen in the film.

The Poseidon had a career as a cruise ship before it sank. The sinking is a small part of it's existence. Same thing applies here.

It's an interesting pick for the terrain slot, and moreover it is an interesting character competing in it.

To me, the thing with this terrain is it is heavily rules based. The viewer of the movie is presented with the rules of the Pyramid which plays a part in moving the plot.  IMHO, Eli doesn't meet the requirement for the Pyramid's rules progression.

Then, if assume Predators show up, this is again a rules based encounter. The Predator culture is rules based for hunting and Eli is not going to be recognized as prey. I mean, it's been awhile but I have seen Book of Eli. His big skill seems to be that he's a blind man who reads a bible in braille.

He is on the terrain, but nothing says he has to play the game.  Same is true in the Poseidon Adventure - the 1972 version doesn't sink for 24 hours - contestant wins by staying in a safe spot for a day.

Also, there is an exit from the pyramid back up to the surface, IIRC. One need not play the deadly game.

32 minutes ago, Fox said:

It's an interesting pick for the terrain slot, and moreover it is an interesting character competing in it.

To me, the thing with this terrain is it is heavily rules based. The viewer of the movie is presented with the rules of the Pyramid which plays a part in moving the plot.  IMHO, Eli doesn't meet the requirement for the Pyramid's rules progression.

Then, if assume Predators show up, this is again a rules based encounter. The Predator culture is rules based for hunting and Eli is not going to be recognized as prey. I mean, it's been awhile but I have seen Book of Eli. His big skill seems to be that he's a blind man who reads a bible in braille.

He is on the terrain, but nothing says he has to play the game.  Same is true in the Poseidon Adventure - the 1972 version doesn't sink for 24 hours - contestant wins by staying in a safe spot for a day.

Also, there is an exit from the pyramid back up to the surface, IIRC. One need not play the deadly game.

Again if the humans in the film had not showed up the Predators would have activated the hunt themselves.

Nothing really changes if Eli doesn't trip the start parameters.

The humans in the movie were recognized as prey. Even those not responsible for triggering the pyramid.

Yes Predators have rules for hunting. Those rules are normally if it's armed and/or can fight back it's acceptable prey.

Eli meets both those requirements. 

And once again even if for some unknown reason the Preds ignore him. He still has to contend with the dangers of the pyramid itself and the Xenomorphs.

Yep he can get to the surface. A surface that is freezing cold and full of snow and wind.

Exposure kills quick.

2 hours ago, RiotGear said:

There’s an obvious difference between this and the Poseidon. That terrain is on a sinking ship. This terrain is a pyramid that plays by specific rules. The humans in the movie were motivated to explore and search the area for artifacts, etc. It’s not at all likely that Eli is going to do the same thing. He’s motivated by survival, not exploration. 

The humans also aren’t specifically hunted at all. The predators kill a human when they specifically engage the predators with high powered assault rifles. I’m also not sure the predators would have any interest with him at all. The purpose of the pyramid is hunt for the predators, Eli isn’t an aggressor in his own movie, he prefers to stay back and be reactive to any opponents. 

I see no reason why the predators would seek him out over the xenos, and there’s no reason why Eli would start activating and wandering around the pyramid. The outside of the pyramid is safe, relatively speaking. Overall I don’t think Eli runs into much danger  here. 

Eli shouldn’t have a hard time staying out of the way for 24 hours. A scientist who was inside the pyramid and went through every possible danger (ie the best overall scenario for this terrain) not only survived, but ended up teaming up with team predator. Eli isn’t even the main target of the terrain. I think he survives.

Once again because there seems to be an odd amount of confusion.

If the humans hadn't taken the plasma casters setting nothing's in motion. 

The Predators would have. It's part of the hunt.

The Predators killed the whalers at the station above the pyramid. So no the are not going to just ignore Eli.

Even if they. Follow some rule against offing armed intruders, that by the way doesn't exist. The Xenos don't have rules, neither does the shifting pyramid ( at least in regards to who it kills ).

To those suggesting it easy to survive on the surface. It's the Antarctic with out specialized skills and equipment Eli is going to die of exposure.

To those that are some how confused by the Poseidon comparison.

This was in response to people saying what if he show up on a day other then the hunt.

I was pointing out that doing so would be like treating, surviving the Poseidon like taking a cruise. Bey most of the time the Poseidon is a luxury liner, not a death trap.

We up to this point have treated location like they are in one of there dangerous times.

Not Isla Nublar, before Jurassic Park or while it was a theme park. Not the Poseidon while it was afloat. So why the Pyramid when it wasn't the hunt?

Ironically even if he appears when there is no Predators. It means no access to the surface, little to no air and what there is, is going to be toxic and still no heat of any kind.

Of and he may be stuck in a small area as the pyramid is not powered up.

So even under those conditions he suffocates while dieing of exposure.