Waspinator vs. Grumble Bee
MATCH SCORE
Waspinator: 3
Grumble Bee: 2

Match 17288 Ash Crimson vs. Necalli

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART 158

800px-Kazuya_and_Tekken_Force_-_Artwork_Image_-_Tekken_4.jpg.1595a558107d40f1d680db6478818740.jpg

Kazuya Mishima returned inside the G-Corporation building after dropping Terry Bogard from the rooftop. (REF: BRUCE IRVIN VS. CRIMSON VIPER) A G-Corporation employee was waiting for him with a new jacket to replace the drenched one from the storm outside that he was currently wearing.

As Kazuya pulled the new jacket over his arms, he asked his subordinate, “Have any of the other interlopers entered the building yet?”

“No sir. They are not even outside the front door anymore,” the employee answered.

“Did they not receive my invitation to the next challenger?” asked Kazuya, referring to Terry’s broken body.

“Yes, but they apparently have other plans.” (REF: SIEGFRIED VS. GILL)

Kazuya clenched his teeth. “Cowards!”

The G-Corporation began to walk away with Kazuya’s wet clothes when the CEO stopped him with a request. “Get a unit to follow them and keep an eye on their activities. I want updates on where they are going and what they are doing.”

“Yes sir.”

A voice shouted from outside the office. “Heya! I got a surprise for you boss man!” 

The mercenary, Angel, stepped inside Kazuya’s office with the ancient warrior, Ivy Valentine, dangled across her shoulder.  (REF: BLUE MARY VS. CASSANDRA ALEXANDRA) A few scientists followed in behind her.

“The eggheads already wanted to dissect her but I wanted to show you first,” Angel explained.

“She possesses shards of Soul Edge?” Kazuya inquired.

“Yes,” confirmed one of the scientists. 

“Excellent. Extract them from her immediately and give me a detailed analysis of their power. We have already fallen behind Jin and Bison in this race,” Kazuya commanded.

Angel handed Ivy over to the two scientists and couldn’t resist commenting on her defeated opponent’s appearance one more time. “Did you get a chance to check out her outfit, Kazuya? I didn’t know ancient women were working with that kind of confidence. You almost have to admire it. Although of course, she is still nowhere near as hot as me.”

Kazuya was not interested in this conversation and turned his attention toward some security cameras near his desk.

“Did you see those other fighters that were outside our building?” he asked.

Angel shook her head no. 

“What about Bruce Irvin? Have you run into him or heard anything from him?” Kazuya wondered.

Angel again shook her head no.

Kazuya sighed. “He is supposed to be out on assignment for me, but I have not heard back from him.”

Angel balled up her left hand into a fist and hit the palm of her right glove. “Do you need me to pick up his slack?”

“No. Right now you are the only one I can depend on. I want you here with me,” Kazuya replied.

Kazuya returned his eyes back to the silver haired former NESTS agent. “You are being promoted to my right hand.”

“Cool. What’s first?” asked Angel.

“First I want you to tell me all that you encountered when you confronted that woman.”

Angel began to detail everything she saw at the tragedy stricken village to Kazuya including the large number of dead Tekken Force soldiers and even a few dead Shadoloo Dolls. (REF: CAMMY WHITE VS. LEONA HEIDERN)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KoFXV_09-01-21.jpg.538e6a7ac2e0125aa99de7156603eecd.jpg

Kilik placed his Kala-Yuga staff in front of himself to shield himself from a jumping twirling kick from his attacker, Ash Crimson. (REF: KILIK VS. ASH CRIMSON) He successfully blocked the attack, but the force of the strike still sent Kilik back a couple of steps. Ash continued on offense and lunged at Kilik who attempted to counter his advance by sweeping the Kala-Yuga in a upwards 180 angle to knock Ash into the air. Ash took note of this, left his feet, balanced himself on Kilik’s staff for a moment and did a backwards flip, aided by Kilik’s momentum to return to a safe distance away from the warrior.

Kilik grunted in frustration. Ash was much quicker then he had initially let on. Despite going back and forth for several minutes, Kilik was not getting any closer to putting down the fabulously attired fighter. As soon as Ash noticed Kilik’s expression, he let out a chuckle. And there it was, the arrogant demeanor that was driving Kilik crazy. Everything Ash did, from his expressions, to his moves, to the way he appeared to be lazily approaching the fight projected a certain amount of confidence and arrogance that got under Kilik’s skin. Even though he knew that was the point. Kilik had never come across a fighter like Ash Crimson in his centuries worth of fighting, but he knew exactly what the young blonde fighter was doing. But despite his best efforts to remain focused, Kilik found himself being baited into anger by Ash’s cocky smile and dismissive laugh.  Ash’s moves may appear nonchalant, but they were very calculated and precise.  But still, Kilik rushed into smack the smug expression off Ash’s face. 

Ash welcomed Kilik’s advance by casually flinging two crescent shaped projectiles of green flame at the proud warrior. Kilik knocked each one away with the Kali-Yuga. Ash pounced on this opening with his trademark aerial somersault flip kicks, the Nivose.  The second one struck Kilik twice and engulfed the warrior in green flame. The technique knocked Kilik to the ground and caused him to momentarily drop his staff.  Kilik attempted a quick recovery and bent over to pick up his weapon, when suddenly Ash appeared behind him and phased his hand through Kilik’s back. Kilik was worried his opponent may actually try to grab his heart with this terrifying technique. But, just as quickly as he reached into Kilik’s body, Ash pulled his hand back out. He held the shards of Soul Edge once embedded inside Kilik in his palm and smirked at the sight of them. The mix of pain and shock from what Ash had just done brought Kilik down to one knee.

“How?” he muttered.

Ash lifted an eyebrow. “Wouldn’t you like to know.”

Ash shot green flames out of his fingertips that once again engulfed Kilik’s body. This time however Kilik remained covered in green flames for several seconds. Ash blew one final green flame projectile at Kilik like a kiss and Kilik exploded in green energy, flew back, and then the Edge Master’s apprentice fell down to the ground beaten and unconscious.

Ash turned his attention to the shards of Soul Edge in his hands. 

“So this is what everyone is so obsessed over,” he remarked.

Ash could feel the shards instantly influencing his mind and he quickly dropped them.

“Fascinating.”

Ash ripped off some cloth from his free flowing outfit and swaddled the shards in it before placing them in his pocket. He walked leisurely over to pick up his prize and the reason for confronting Kilik, the Kala-Yuga staff. Ash twirled the staff in his hand for a few moments before disappearing into the forest.

Half a mile away, a malevolent force was making its way toward Ash Crimson at a rapid speed. It was the ancient Aztec entity, Necalli. The consumer of souls had his previous planned meal of the souls of Chris and Yashiro Nanakase be interrupted by the vengeful spirit, Basara. (REF: BASARA VS. NECALLI) Necalli was able to dispose of the interruption, but both Chris and Yashiro escaped during the fight. Angered, Necalli decided to consume Basara, despite never ingesting a spirit before. Once the vengeful spirit became a part of Necalli, it only fueled his rage. 

On his way to track down the two fighters that escaped, Necalli was deterred by the presence of another target. This target, like Chris and Yashiro, had escaped from the mysterious Verse entity when it was destroyed. It was Ash Crimson.

A small collection of mud took the shape of Necalli right in front of Ash. Although it was a surprise to Ash, his facial expression showed more bemusement than fright.

“What do we have here?”

“I have come here to devour...our..our your soul!” Necalli announced.

“Hmph, I don’t think so, mud man,” stated Ash.

Necalli’s eyes widened. “Your soul has already been…. tarnished by…. What is that I am sensing?!?”

“My soul is just fine,” Ash countered. “And what you are sensing is mine and I don’t plan on sharing.”

Necalli growled. “I must….. Know this….”

Necalli began with haste, his attack on Ash.

Another good set-up, Johnny. Good to see the arc back and running. I wonder what Kazuya's going to do from here? 

As for the match, I'm kinda liking Necalli's odds here. I have a feeling Ash will have to tap into the power of Yasakani to hang with him, and I've heard that Ash may not stay as focused as normal while doing so. Ash could try to use the Soul Edge shard, but I've also heard that he doesn't handle unfamiliar power too well.