Rumble 20544 General Kregg vs. Stripe vs. Brigade
MATCH SCORE
General Kregg: 2
Stripe: 0
Brigade: 1

Match 16906 Auron vs. Gladiolus

JohnnyChany

THE FINAL FINAL FANTASY PART 5

World extermination is imminent. Commencing hunt for the ultimate adventuring party to save us. Only the best of the best. Our world’s only hope. Starting extraction of potential candidates 

"Moogle Representative" Team Member: Lulu

Team Gunblade: Lightning

Team Dragoon: Aranea Highwind

Team Brawler: Tifa Lockhart

episodegladiolusteaser-1024x575.jpg.61b0eed56475f9275895aaf4951796f0.jpg

Nineth Target: Gladiolus Amicita

"Shield of the King"

Crownsguard Officer

Eldest son of House Amicita, sworn protectors of the crown

Avid Fisherman

Ignis pulled up the Regalia to the refueling station at Hammerhead. With him in the fancy car were his friends Noctis, Gladiolus, and Prompto. They could have got gas for their car earlier in the trip, but they waited until they got to Hammerhead so they could visit the repair shop’s owners, Cid and Cindy Aurum. The boys teased Prompto that they were going there just because of his not so secret crush on the buxom grease monkey, but in truth they were all very fond of Cindy for all that she had done for them in their quest.

When they arrived at the pump, the boys were surprised to discover no one outside to greet them.

PROMPTO: I wonder where Cindy is? She usually hears us coming.

NOCTIS: My guess is she working on another car in the garage. It’s not like we’re her only customers.

IGNIS: Or she could be out getting supplies. That can mean she could be all over this countryside. We should know, we have tracked them down for her before.

PROMPTO: Yeah, that makes sense.

IGNIS: At any rate, I’m going to go start pumping the gas which is the actual reason for our visit here.

GLADIOLUS: I’m going to go say hello to Cid. I’m sure he is lounging around the garage area somewhere.

Gladio exited the Regalia and traveled over to Cid’s garage. He found Cid’s usual lawn chair opened up outside the entrance, but there was no one sitting on it. He inspected inside the garage, but there was no sign of Cid on Cindy. Gladio had a bad feeling as he knew Cid would not leave his garage open if both he and his daughter were not on the property. Gladio took note of a blue glow emitting from the left corner of the garage. It was wholly foreign to Gladio so he approached it cautiously. Without warning, as soon as he got close, Gladio fell into a portal and landed on one knee in his leather pants onto a large field of dirt. Gladio quickly took in his surroundings and it had the look of an abandoned colosseum.

GLADIOLUS: What is this?

A gold chocobo waltzed up to Gladiolus, but the animal appeared to have a stunned expression,

CHARLIE: When I kidnapped the Aurums I was intending to use them as bait to bring in Prompto, but I guess you can’t always predict how people will act in a certain situation.

Gladio pulled out his Claymore greatsword instinctively.

GLADIOLUS: What are you talking about?

CHARLIE: No matter, you are also a candidate for one of the slots. I will just have to rearrange the order of the trials.

GLADIOLUS: You better start making some sense or I am chopping you up right now.

CHARLIE: Oh, excuse me, I am just thinking out loud. My name is Charlie and I brought you here because I need your help to save my world.

GLADIOLUS: Didn’t you just say something about kidnapping Cid and Cindy and trying to take Prompto?

CHARLIE: Well yes, but only as a motivational technique. I mean them no harm.

GLADIOLUS: Don’t think that excuses your actions. What’s your angle, beak face?

CHARLIE: I am looking for heroes who can help save my world, but I need to make sure they are the best of the best to face the challenges ahead. So am I looking for a hero to fill in each slot of the team. Your history and resolute devotion makes you an ideal candidate for the Team Shield slot.

GLADIOLUS: You make it sound like you're drafting a sports team. Hate to break it to you, bird brain, but I’m not a hero and I’m definitely not a mercenary to be recruited to any random mission. My place is by Noctis’s side. Just as it has been for every man in my family. We are in the royal guard until death.

CHARLIE: And there is the devotion I’m talking about. It’s why I think you would fit right in. Aranea Highwind has already been selected as a team member. Wouldn’t you enjoy fighting next to her again?

GLADIOLUS: It’s always a good time throwing down with Aranea, but like I said my place is with Noctis and nothing you can say will change that.

CHARLIE: Who is to say that Noctis won’t be there too. He is a candidate as well and will have the opportunity to prove himself. Do you doubt his ability to do so?

GLADIOLUS: Not at all. Hmmm, well, if Noct somehow got sucked into this I would have to be there to help keep him safe.

CHARLIE: Only if you can prove yourself worthy of the role. The dangers you would be protecting him far surpass anything the two of you have encountered before. 

GLADIOLUS: We never back down from a challenge. Bring it on.

CHARLIE: Excellent. Head to the center of the colosseum.

57405_1204681387841_full.jpg.71d9eaa5f71fe9a5169b17026d8159b3.jpg

Tenth Target: Auron

Legendary Guardian

Former Warrior Monk for the Temples of Yevon

Protected High Summoner Braska as well as his daughter, Yuna, on their pilgramiges

Refused to pass on to the afterlife until he felt his mission was complete

Much less subterfuge would be necessary to bring in Gladio’s opponent and the other candidate for the team shield. A portal opened up in front of Charlie and the veteran guardian, Auron, descended from the sky fresh from wandering the vastness of the farplane. He immediately stood straight up and felt his own corporeal body once again.

AURON: What manner of sorcery is this? How am I back?

CHARLIE: I have plucked you from the farplane of your world because I require your considerable skills.

Auron looked over the mysterious chocobo for a minute.

AURON: You are definitely not an aeon. Perhaps a new avatar for Yu Yevon or Yunalesca out for revenge?

CHARLIE: An avatar yes, but not for either of those individuals I promise you. I did not bring you here for vengeance, but because I view you as one of the greatest warriors I have ever seen. I am seeking your help.

AURON: It is a strange feeling to be complimented by a talking chocobo. I appreciate the words, but I am sure you can find a fully capable warrior in the land of the living to aid you in your quest.

CHARLIE: That wasn’t your thought process when Yuna and Tidus took on Seymour and Sin and you became an unsent just to help them.

AURON: That was different. I owed it to Jecht and Lord Braska to look after them and so I did. 

CHARLIE: They still might need you to look after them. Sure, Sin has been destroyed, but there are other threats from other worlds. If you don’t believe me just take a look at this.

An image of Charlie talking to Lulu appeared above the chocobo’s head followed by an image of Lulu standing victorious over a defeated Cait Sith.

CHARLIE: If Lulu can be pulled into this war so easily what makes you think Yuna and Tidus won’t be as well. Do you really feel comfortable allowing them to face the unknown alone? And honestly, aren’t you just a little restless wandering around the farplane?

Auron did not immediately respond. An idea popped into his head and at that moment he decided to go along with Charlie’s request. It was his goal now to find Lulu and work together to ensure this mysterious figure did not get his hands on either Yuna or Tidus.

AURON: What do you need from me?

CHARLIE: Firstly, to prove that you are every bit still the warrior I think you are. Follow me.

This is a battle between age and experience (Auron) vs youth and strength (Gladiolus). It’s a tough fight, and although I think more people will be better familiar with Auron, I think I’ll throw my hat in the underdog Gladiolus. While Auron has more experience, Gladiolus has been training to be a warrior since he was very young so he’s far from a newb, so in the end I feel as though Gladiolus being more physically stronger and in his prime will eventually overwhelm and take down Auron.

13 hours ago, RakaiThwei said:

Hmmmm...

I gotta go with Auron... Something tells me to just go with him.

Thanks for the comments.

On 8/6/2021 at 12:54 PM, Pizzaguy2995 said:

This is a battle between age and experience (Auron) vs youth and strength (Gladiolus). It’s a tough fight, and although I think more people will be better familiar with Auron, I think I’ll throw my hat in the underdog Gladiolus. While Auron has more experience, Gladiolus has been training to be a warrior since he was very young so he’s far from a newb, so in the end I feel as though Gladiolus being more physically stronger and in his prime will eventually overwhelm and take down Auron.

Auron has always been one of the more popular Final Fantasy characters eventhough that particular game is 20 years old now. I wasn't sure if Gladio was going to get a fair shake so I appreciate your take on the fight.