Freddy Krueger: 3

Rumble 20530 Emperor Zurg (Lightyear movie) vs. The Xenomorph Queen
MATCH SCORE
Emperor Zurg: 3
The Xenomorph Queen: 2

Match 16818 Cid Highwind vs. Aranea Highwind

JohnnyChany

THE FINAL FINAL FANTASY PART 3

World extermination is imminent. Commencing hunt for the ultimate adventuring party to save us. Only the best of the best. Our world’s only hope. Starting extraction of potential candidates 

"Moogle Representative" Team Member: Lulu

Team Gunblade: Lightning

Advent-Children-Cid.jpg.7c9576e1efdb74fea6585ec7da4bdb2c.jpg

Fifth Target: Cid Highwind

Pilot and Astronaut

Formerly of the Shinra Space Program

Took over the team when Cloud and Tifa were in Mideel

Vulgar and short tempered

Enjoys traveling by airship

Inside the Highwind airship, the captain of the vessel, Cid Highwind, was conducting its annual maintenance. 

CID: Damn’t something’s wrong with engine number 4. Those good for nothing engineers told me everything was up to snuff. Gonna have to do it myself, like always.

Cid left the bridge and traveled over to the hatch that would lead him to the engine room. He opened the hatch and jumped down. Unbeknownst to Cid, a portal opened directly under the hatch and transported him to a completely different dimension. When Cid landed, he was on an airfield, but not one he had ever seen before.

CID: Huh? What in the hell just happened? Where am I?

A seemingly docile chocobo waltzed its way toward Cid.

CHARLIE: Cid Highwind, you are in a safe place, I assure you.

CID: A talking chocobo? Son of a bitch! What kind of unholy science is Shinra up to now?

CHARLIE: I am not a Shinra experiment. I’m not even really a chocobo. I simply took this form to put you at ease.

CID: Well you’ve done a shit job of that. Are you going to tell me where I am?

CHARLIE: This is just the setting for your trial. I thought you would appreciate something familiar.

CID: Trial?

CHARLIE: Yes, a trial to see if you are the top dragoon. 

CID: You dopey bird, I’m a pilot not a dragon or dragoon or whatever it is you said.

CHARLIE: Trust me on this. My world is in need of saving and I just want to find out if you’re the right person for the job. You like to fly right? Wanted to be the first man in space? Well if you help me save my world you will be piloting aircraft like you’ve never seen before and you will get to explore parts of the galaxy that no one on your planet has even dreamed of.

CID: You’ve got my attention.

CHARLIE: The mission ahead is dangerous and I have to know that you are the strongest candidate for this position. We won’t get a second chance at this.There is someone else who has many of your same attributes and also travels around by airship. She even has the same last name despite being from a different world, not sure what that is about. In this trial, you don’t need to kill her, just defeat her and prove your superior abilities.   

CID: Damn, hell of a type of job interview, but I’m game. Sounds exciting. Where is this other candidate at?

CHARLIE: On the other side of the airfield. Good luck.

aranea.jpg.b3c61b38e3b946b355aa409cff016a6b.jpg

Sixth Target: Aranea Highwind

Mercenary

Formerly Commodore of the Third Army Corps 87th Airborne Unit for the Niflheim Empire

Has loyal subordinates that will follow her whichever side of the war she chooses

Confident, honest, and practical

Enjoys traveling by Airship

Aranea’s red airship hovered over the area of Hammerhead. A large, grotesque daemon had been spotted and she wanted to make sure she eliminated it before it devoured any innocent people in the vicinity. She readied her Stoss Spear and dove out of her ship into the action. She aimed to land near the daemon, but as she got close a blue portal appeared and swallowed her whole. She landed not in Hammerhead, but on a strange airfield. Aranea looked left and right frantically trying to get her bearings. The only other living thing she could see was a gold chocobo standing a few feet from her.

CHARLIE: Welcome Commodore.

ARANEA: Don’t call me that. What is this place and how did I get here?

CHARLIE: This place is a battlefield and I brought you here.

ARANEA: A chocobo transported me to a strange location? I don’t believe it.

CHARLIE: It’s true, and I am not really a chocobo. What I am is desperate for heroes to help me.

ARANEA: If you're looking for a hero, you grabbed the wrong lady. You would probably have better luck recruiting the prince charming and his boy band.

CHARLIE: Noctis Caelum and his royal guard are also possibilities for this mission, but give yourself some more credit. Despite your past as a mercenary for Niflheim, you have become beloved by the people of your world for your new found purpose of killing off daemons to save the innocent.

ARANEA: Just doing what I can.

CHARLIE: And doing it quite well. Possibly the best dragoon I have ever seen. You gave Noctis and his royal guard all they could handle. Not bad at all considering it was 4 on 1.

ARANEA: I still maintain that they got lucky and I wasn’t getting paid overtime.

CHARLIE: That’s the confidence I like to see. Let me explain why you are here. My world is in grave danger. I am in need of you to protect the innocent of my world just as you have in your own. In exchange for this I can help you with one of your big problems, specifically the increased duration of the darkness that unleashes the monsters upon your world.

ARANEA: That’s a lofty promise coming from somone or something presenting itself as a chocobo.

CHARLIE: It is one I can deliver on. I brought you here didn’t I? I have many gifts, unfortunately for me fighting just isn’t one of them. But, if you can help save my world, I can return the favor in kind. 

ARANEA: I guess it’s worth a shot.

CHARLIE: Only thing is I have to be sure you actually are the best dragoon around. There is another who might actually be better, or not, I am not sure. That is what we are here to find out. He should be arriving soon. He is light on charm, but heavy on skill and determination. Besting him will not be easy.

ARANEA: Bring him on.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.20 - Pizzaguy2995
5.00 - patrickthekid

FPA Calculation:
2 Total Votes cast
9.20 Total Combined Score
9.20 / 2 = 4.60 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Cid Highwind: 1
Aranea Highwind: 4