Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

Match 16793 NiCO vs. Sogetsu Kazama

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART CXXXXVIII

Eliot.jpg.bb0ee2f115cc6aa9fb1e815fb98f8617.jpg

Inside a hallway of the underground MIST laboratory. Eliot assaulted the brainwashed Leo Kliesen with a series of palm strikes and raised knee attacks as he utilized his Xingyi Quan techniques to gain the upper hand in the fight.  (REF: ELIOT VS. LEO KLIESEN) Leo was quick, but Eliot was able to flow into each attack in such a way that Leo was unable to muster any offense. Eliot could feel that Leo was faltering and would not be able to protect herself for much longer. After completing his combo of attacks, Eliot summoned all his strength into a single palm strike to the side of Leo’s face. The attack sent the tomboyish fighter crashing against the wall and then to the ground. Nearby, Hitomi and Kokoro stood victorious over a batch of defeated Kasumi clones and watched Eliot’s battle like a couple of proud older sisters.

“Wow Eliot, you are getting really strong. Gen Fu must be so proud,” Hitomi remarked.

Eliot blushed. “He compliments me every once in awhile.”

A few feet away from the young martial artist, Asuka Kazama put down the final Kasumi clone with her wind up punch. “Is that the last of them?”

“It looks like it,” answered Hitomi.

Eliot and the three beautiful bruisers were then suddenly rejoined by Helena Douglas.

“Helena, you are back already? Did you find Donovan?” asked Kokoro.

Helena shook her head. “He was not down there. However, his horrible little scientist, NiCO was. I was trying to give her chase. Did you see her come this way?”

“No,” responded Hitomi. “I am pretty sure her blue hair would have stood out and no one came through here looking like that.”

“Hey Helena!”

Lidia Sobieska stormed up behind the leader of DOATEC while trying to support the badly injured Giovanna. 

“We came all this way. We offered to help you against that monster (REF: GIOVANNA VS. UNKNOWN), and you just abandoned us and the lady warrior,” Lidia accused.

“Pardon, I don’t even know who you are. Your offer of assistance was appreciated, and I had to take advantage of the situation. This entire mission was centered on stopping Victor Donovan and MIST and his top scientist was getting away. If that dark woman was too strong for you or your friend then you shouldn’t have volunteered to fight her. Everyone must be honest with themselves about their own abilities, including you...uh…” 

Asuka Kazama interrupted. “Her name is Lidia. She is the Prime Minister of Poland and she is a fighter. She was around at the last King of the Iron Fist tournament.”

Lidia furrowed her brow. “Did we cross paths at the seventh King of the Iron Fist?

“No, but when a head of state is poking around the tournament, everyone hears about it,” Asuka answered.

“The Prime Minister, what an honor. What brings you here?” Hitomi inquired.

“Also what monster are you talking about? And what lady warrior?” input Kokoro.

“Another one of NiCO’s experiments,” stated Helena. (REF: HONOKA VS. HINAKO SHIJOU)  “She appeared to be possessed by some wolf demon and she took down Brad and Lucky.”

“Then she roughed up my new bodyguard,” added Lidia. “I wanted to stay and help the other woman but I need to get Giovanna some medical attention before it is too late.”

Asuka Kazama balled up her fist and hit it into her palm. “This monster lady sounds like a tough customer. Whoever this mystery woman is that is fighting her now, she will probably need our help.”

Hitomi nodded. “Agreed.”

“We can’t lose sight of NiCO. If we let her escape, this will all have been for nothing,” said Helena.

“I have an idea. Helena, you should go with Hitomi, Eliot, and Asuka back down to the laboratory. That way they can help out our mystery guest and you can try and find if there is an alternate exit from the lab,” suggested Kokoro.  “Because NiCO clearly did not come this way.” She turned her attention to Lidia. “I will help you carry your friend to the Freedom Survivor where she can get the medical attention she needs. We will also keep an eye out for that blue haired devil.”

Everyone quickly agreed to this plan and Helena immediately led her team back down to NiCO’s lab.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1416882011_Sophitiavictory.jpg.490d63114532aa5bc96ecf3c64c9c343.jpg

Inside the lab, Sophitia’s unknown adversary was having a much harder time trying to dispatch with Sophitia than she had against any of her other opponents. (REF: SOPHITIA ALEXANDRA VS. UNKNOWN) The former Jun Kazama summoned a fist made of the black tar substance that covered her body. She attempted to smash Sophitia with it, but Sophitia blocked the attack with her Elk Shield. Unknown created spike constructs of black tar, and Sophitia deflected those attacks as well. When she could get close enough, Sophitia swiped at Unknown with her Omega Sword. With each successive swipe, the possessed fighter became weaker and weaker until Sophitia got a clean enough look and impaled Unknown with the Omega Sword. 

Helena and her allies arrived back in the lab just in time to see Unknown gasp hard and Sophitia drive her sword in deeper through Jun's body. Sophitia pulled it out and then stabbed Unknown through the chest a second time. Jun Kazama’s body slumped to the ground. The wolf spirit behind her bowed in defeat until it finally dissipated into the air. The tar substance covering Jun Kazama’s body started to disappear. With her dying breath, Jun Kazama looked up at Sophitia with gratitude in her eyes.

“Thank you.”

Jun’s eyes slowly closed and she returned back to the dead.

“May you find peace,” Sophitia whispered.

“Incredible!” Helena shouted.

Hitomi quickly ran over to help up Lucky Glauber while Eliot tended to his friend, Brad Wong. Asuka Kazama was transfixed on the body now motionless at Sophitia’s feet. “Jun? Can it really be you?”

Helena looked around desperately for the secret passage that NiCO had used to escape. “It can’t end like this, we were so close. Where did she disappear to?”

“Worry not,” Sophitia assured. “Sogetsu and I noticed an alternate entry point to this place before I entered. I asked him to keep watch over it to make sure nothing sinister escaped.”

“Who is Sogetsu?” asked Hitomi.

“A friend and a fierce warrior that is not to be trifled with. (REF: SOPHITIA ALEXANDRA VS. CHARLOTTE) If you are concerned that this person has escaped the facility, I am confident that Sogetsu will stop her,” Sophitia declared.

“Are you one of the warriors connected to the Soul Edge sword?” Helena inquired.

“Yes, and I believe we have much to discuss,” Sophitia responded.

Outside the underground lab, NiCO cursed Lisa Hamilton in her mind for having brought this misfortune upon her. (REF: MASTER RAVEN VS. GROH) She also wondered where it went wrong with the resurrection of Jun Kazama, but she could not dwell on that now. At the moment, she needed to focus her attention on escaping the area.

Suddenly. NiCO was knocked to the ground by an explosion of water. The surprise attack stunned NiCO, and the young scientist took a moment to compose herself. Out of the corner of her eye she saw a muscular man with long blue hair stepping toward her.

“You are not heading for the Freedom Survivor, so I am left to assume that you are one of the bad guys,” Sogetsu surmised.

“I don’t have time for this!” NiCO glared at Sogetsu. “Leave now or I will kill you.”

“You could try.” Small whirlpools of water spun around Sogetsu’s fingers. 

NiCO adjusted her glasses. “So you have the ability to manipulate water, how unique.” small bolts of electricity crackled around NiCO’s fists as she readied herself to fight. “Surely the combination of our contrasting abilities will end up very bad for one of us.”

Sogetsu smiled. “Let’s find out which one.”