Rumble 20541 Batman (Nolanverse) vs. Judas Breed
MATCH SCORE
Batman: 2
Judas Breed: 0

Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Match 16772 Squall Leonhart vs. Lightning

JohnnyChany

THE FINAL FINAL FANTASY PART 2

World extermination is imminent. Commencing hunt for the ultimate adventuring party to save us. Only the best of the best. Our world’s only hope. Starting extraction of potential candidates 

Team Member #1: Lulu

squall.jpg.e8467c9ebf68b1dfa7fb6232366fc9c2.jpg

Third Target: Squall Leonhart

Gunblade Wielder

SeeD Mercenary

blunt loner who has recently learned to trust and rely on other people

At the Balamb Garden dance, Squall Leonhart excused himself from his date, Rinoa Heartilly, to get some fresh air. He did not want to admit it but he was still reeling from their battle against Sorceress Ultimecia weeks earlier. The entire ordeal made it difficult for Squall to relax. However, as soon as he stepped outside, Squall fell into a blue portal. The lone wolf was transported onto a gray and white platform that appeared to have multiple levels. His Lion Heart gunblade was near his feet. He quickly snatched it up and tried to get a handle on his new surroundings. The sound of clawed feet on the steel platform echoed in the air and Squall suddenly came face to face with a chocobo.

CHARLIE: Hello there, welcome to your trial. My name is Charlie and I am here to answer any questions you may have. I am sure the first one is “What am I doing here?” Well my world needs help and I am looking for the right heroes to save it.

SQUALL: I never claimed to be a hero.

CHARLIE: The requirement for being a hero has never been the declaration of being a hero. The title is dictated by your actions.

SQUALL: What do you know about me?

CHARLIE: All there is to know. Your past as an orphan under the care of Edea Kramer, Your time as a student at Balamb Garden and a member of SeeD. Your exploits in battling the most powerful sorceresses of your world, Ultimecia and Adel. All of it.

Squall was suspicious of this talking Chocobo so he drew out his gunblade and aimed it in Charlie’s direction.

CHARLIE: I mean you no harm, and if you attack me you won’t have any way of getting home.

SQUALL: Are you from the future like Ultimecia?

CHARLIE: No, no, no, nothing like that. Like I alluded to before, I am from a different world. A world in need of saving. We could use someone with your skill set. That gunblade weapon is so cool. I have almost seen no one who uses it better,

SQUALL: Almost? Are you talking about Seifer?

CHARLIE: Definitely not. Although the two of you may have been close in skill at first, you have clearly surpassed him and proven yourself superior. There is only one other soldier with a gunblade whose skill may surpass yours? But I am not sure. That’s what we are here to find out.

Squall, practical as always viewed his new circumstance as just one more mission to complete so that he could return back home, back to Rinoa.

SQUALL: Where is the fight?

CHARLIE: Up ahead.

lightning.jpg.a81e326bd9385f6fd5fd6da880daf3d9.jpg

Fourth Target: Lightning Farron

Gunblade Wielder

former Bodhum Security Regiment Sergeant

blunt loner who has recently learned how to trust and rely on other people

Lightning walked happily with her sister, Serah, through a green field in Pulse. They were on their way to visit Fang and Vanille. It was one of the first relatively peaceful moments in a long time, and Lightning wanted to cherish it. A wild monster attacked them from the right. Lightning pulled out her Omega Weapon gunblade to fight off the four legged beast. When she turned back to check on her sister, Serah was gone. The only thing in the spot where she had stood was a blue portal. Without hesitation, Lightning jumped into it. The portal took her to a large steel platform. To the left and right of Lightning, there were more platforms, all nearly identical in appearance and structure. There was also a chocobo nearby that Lightning did not initially give much thought to as she looked around desperately for her sister. That is until the chocobo spoke.

CHARLIE: Serah is safe, you have my word.

LIGHTNING: Where is she?

CHARLIE: In a safe place, I promise. And I don’t mean in a safe place like she has been turned into a crystal again. I’m not a monster.

LIGHTNING: Says the talking bird who has kidnapped my sister.

CHARLIE: Only as a means of motivation, I swear. We both know that your primary motivator is the love for your sister. It is actually quite sweet.

LIGHTNING: What do you want?

CHARLIE: I want you. I want the warrior who challenged her own destiny and literal gods and brought them to their knees. I need the soldier who confidently cut down any challenge that stood in her way. The fate of my world may depend on it.

LIGHTNING: I am no fan of fate.

CHARLIE: Oh I know it. I have followed your life very closely. I believe you may be one of the warriors that can save my world.  I just need to be sure before I can take you there.

LIGHTNING: Since you claim to know my story, you would know that I don’t like to have my life dictated to me by another.

CHARLIE: Who said anything about dictating your life? I am just in the hunt for some heroic help. 

LIGHTNING: You have a funny way of going about it.

CHARLIE: Well you are not exactly the type to help someone out if they just ask for it, stronger incentive is needed. In fact your somewhat surly personality is one of things that initially gave me pause. But, your battle prowess can’t be denied and your abilities are just too potent. It’s actually something you have in common with your opponent. Neither one of you were chosen for your sunny dispositions.

LIGHTNING: My opponent?

CHARLIE: Yeah I believe the team to save my world needs a kick ass gunblade wielder, but there are two of you that stand out and I can’t decide which one is better.

LIGHTNING: Couldn’t we both just come to your world?

CHARLIE: Limited space and all that, and no offense but that much moodiness in the team might bring down morale.

LIGHTNING: Fine then just pick the other fighter and return Serah and I back to Pulse or Cocoon.

CHARLIE: It doesn’t work like that and if I see that you are sandbagging in this fight that won’t bring you any closer to your sister either.

LIGHTNING: So to see my sister again, I need to defeat this other person then help save whatever planet you are from.

CHARLIE: That about sums it up.

LIGHTNING: So be it.

If I had to say, probably Squall Leonheart could take this.

Funny thing was, I could also see this match being done in a Dissidia style battle.

Lightning should take this fight, especially if her sister’s safety is in the balance. Guys I am not hyperbolizing at all when I say that Lighting is unquestionably the strongest protagonist in all of Final Fantasy. She has fought and defeated literal gods, and I don’t mean minor planet busters like Sephiroth or Kefka, but actual universe creating gods! Squall’s good, but Lightning is literally the best! 

On 7/12/2021 at 2:27 AM, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Lightning should take this fight, especially if her sister’s safety is in the balance. Guys I am not hyperbolizing at all when I say that Lighting is unquestionably the strongest protagonist in all of Final Fantasy. She has fought and defeated literal gods, and I don’t mean minor planet busters like Sephiroth or Kefka, but actual universe creating gods! Squall’s good, but Lightning is literally the best! 

Yeah, I wanted to make this the version of Lightning before the sequels, partly because I never played them and partly because I know it gets really crazy with how powerful she becomes. With that said, she is still defeating the fal'Cie in the first game.