Colossus vs. Strong Guy
MATCH SCORE
Colossus: 5
Strong Guy: 1

Rumble 20541 Batman (Nolanverse) vs. Judas Breed
MATCH SCORE
Batman: 2
Judas Breed: 0

Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Match 16726 Sophitia Alexandra vs. Unknown

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART CXXXXV

280057728_Sophitiafight.jpg.e9118ddbce0075d8b5368647cc8a7be4.jpg

On the docked cruise liner, the Freedom Survivor, Zack waited anxiously for an update from his boss on their raid of the MIST base. (REF: ELIOT VS. LEO KLIESEN) However, much to his surprise, he received an update of a different sort.

A DOATEC agent walked up to Zack and handed him a phone. “It’s for you.”

“For me?”

“Really it’s for Miss Douglas, but she put you in charge so here you go.”

Zack shrugged his shoulders and grabbed the phone. “Hey you're on the line with Zack, baby!”

“Zack? It’s Bass. I was looking for Helena.”

“She’s indisposed at the moment. What can I do for you? Did you guys get lost in New York or something, you should have been back by now.” (REF: MILA VS. VANESSA LEWIS)

“It’s a long story, man. Someone got to Sarah Bryant before we did. (REF: SARAH BRYANT VS. MATURE) We never found her. We did find out who was responsible for kidnapping her, and even better we found some kick ass women who told us all about Soul Edge and what it does,” gushed Bass. (REF: ARMOR KING VS. WOLF HAWKFIELD)

“Wait What!?!”

“Yeah man, they’ve been around for centuries and have been constantly fighting against that evil thing,” Bass explained. “I can’t wait for Tina to meet Sophitia and Cassandra, I think she will like them alot.”

“So you are bringing these women back to the Freedom Survivor. Is that why you are calling?” Zack guessed.

“Not exactly. I can’t leave yet. It doesn’t feel right leaving Mila behind. She went with Cassandra to find some of her friends. (REF: BLUE MARY VS. MILA) Haven’t heard back from them. But, Sophitia really wants to talk with Helena. Has to do with the woman her sister beat when we were trying to get Sarah. (REF: VICE VS. CASSANDRA ALEXANDRA) One of the ones responsible for kidnapping her. Turns out she will only tell us who she is working for if you let her friend go free. She says that Helena has her captured on the boat.” (REF: SOPHITIA ALEXANDRA VS. CHARLOTTE)

“Are you talking about Shermie?” Zack groaned. “I don’t think Helena will go for that.”

“Here’s the thing, Zack. You are going to have to tell Sophitia that yourself. I already loaned her and her blue haired friend the helicopter and pilot that brought us to New York,” stated Bass. (REF: BRAD WONG VS. LEI WULONG)

Zack was dumbstruck. “When should we expect their arrival?”

“Probably around…. now. I was supposed to call hours ago… but I uh forgot,” Bass admitted. “There is a lot going on, Zack.”

“He’s right,” said the DOATEC agent that brought Zack the phone. “We just got word from one of our own that they’re ready to land on the helipad.”

Zack’s eyes widened. “Bass, we will deal with you later. Please, keep me updated if something potentially earth shattering is happening.”

Zack, El Blaze, and some members of DOATEC security made their way to the ship’s helipad A few minutes later a DOATEC chopper landed and out stepped a woman with blonde hair tied in a large braid, a woman in a business suit with short red hair, and a large muscular man with long flowing blue hair.

El Blaze first took note of the red haired woman because her arms were tied behind her back, whereas Zack was immediately transfixed by the beauty of Sophitia Alexandra.

Zack bowed respectfully to her. “Welcome to the Freedom Survivor. My name is Zack. News of your arrival has preceded you.”

“Good, I hope I won’t have to explain too much then,” responded Sophitia. “Where is Helena?”

“On a mission as we speak. There is a MIST base on this island, and Helena is leading a team in raiding it right now,” answered Zack.

“What is MIST?” asked Sophitia.

“Ah, Just your typical evil organization interested in taking over the world, shady experimentation, that sort of thing. Helena believes they are in pursuit of Soul Edge,” Zack explained.

Mention of the evil sword made Sophitia’s ears perk up. “Then they must be stopped. We stopped this one over here,” Sophitia tilted her head toward Vice. “Who was using fragments of Soul Edge to turn innocent people into malfested. She is why we came here. We must find out how she got a hold of Soul Edge fragments.”

“She says she will only tell us if we agreed to get Shermie from this boat,” added Sogetsu.

“Well that’s not going to happen,” Zack countered.

El Blaze interrupted. “Wait, if she is working for the same person as Shermie, we already know who that is. His name is Urien.”

Vice’s eyes bulged upon hearing that Shermie had already given up Urien’s name.  (REF: ASUKA KAZAMA VS. MAKOTO)

“And who is Urien?” Sophitia inquired.

“We are still working on that while the boss lady is fighting MIST,” Zack answered.

Sophitia turned to Sogetsu. “We should help her.”

Sogetsu nodded and then looked over to El Blaze. “Can you guys hold on to our prisoner while we assist your boss?”

Zack slightly squirmed. “Our cells are kind of full at the moment. Got a lot of people locked up who have been affected by those Soul Edge fragments that Shermie brought on board.” 

“So she has them too.” Sophitia placed her hand on Zack’s shoulder in a comforting manner. “Don’t be afraid, there is a way to save them. It is not an easy process, but it is doable. When we are done here we will show your healers.”

Zack was confused. “You mean the medical staff?”

“Sogetsu, let’s get moving,” Sophitia announced. “Who knows what dangers await us.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

329037078_Unknownattacks.png.e1cfb042029854757c6030f8a2c7c0fa.png

Inside the underground MIST lab, Helena left the main area to try to catch up with the escaped NiCO. Meanwhile, the Polish Prime Minister, Lidia Sobieska, watched in bewilderment as her new right hand security, Giovanna, was battling an evil female fighter birthed in the lab.  (REF: GIOVANNA VS. UNKNOWN) Giovanna knocked Unknown back with a cartwheel kick. The displaced Guilty Gears fighter had been quite successful in landing several of her kicks, but they weren’t having the desired effect on her unknown opponent. Despite Giovanna’s best efforts, the foreboding figure kept charging at her with martial arts of her own all while the black wolf spirit behind her mimicked every move. The being formerly known as Jun Kazama hit Giovanna with a couple of cloud kicks. She then lifted her hands in the air and a large black demonic hand rose from the floor and crushed Giovanna to the ground. Her loyal wolf green wolf spirit, Rei, did its best to cushion the blow by surrounding Giovanna. The unknown entity continued her assault and twirled her body striking Giovanna with both hands and then followed it up by rising spikes of black goo from the ground. Each spike uppercutted Giovanna and juggled her in the air until at last she crashed back down. The Unknown entity stalked over toward Giovanna’s now prone body to finish her off.  

“Stop it right there!” declared Lidia.

This monstrous woman was unlike anything Lidia had seen before and she was a little nervous about taking it on. She knew she could not serve her people dead, but she could not stand by and watch this thing kill Giovanna either.

At that moment, the warrior, Sophitia, entered the lab.

“I have come to help vanquish the evil of this place,” she announced. Her eyes immediately caught sight of the body of Jun Kazama and her black wolf spirit.  “What in the gods' name is that?”

“I don’t know,” replied Lidia. “But if we don’t stop it here, it will surely kill us all. You have cosmic timing whoever you are. I just hope that the sword and shield you carry is for more than just show.”
“The Omega Sword and the Elk Shield have served me well for centuries, now will be no different,” Sophitia confirmed. “I sense a great ominous evil within this spirit and so I shall strike it down. Take your injured friend and flee this place.”

“What if you…”

“Please, I beg of you. If I am to be at my best I  cannot be worried about your safety,” stated Sophitia.

Lidia felt a little insulted by that implication, but honored Sophitia’s wishes. She ran over to lift up Giovanna. 

Sophitia aimed the Omega Sword at Unknown. “That wolf spirit reminds me of the one used by my friend, Z.W.E.I. Although his isn’t nearly as sinister. (REF: BENIMARU NIKAIDO VS. Z.W.E.I.)  I can’t allow your negative energy to feed into Soul Edge. You will be destroyed by my hand!”

On 7/4/2021 at 11:02 PM, patrickthekid said:

Dammit. I don't want Sophitia to die... but I don't think she can pull it off. She did manage to weaken Cervantes.

So why don’t you think she can pull this off? Cervantes at the time was destroying entire cities and massacring armies. Unknown surely isn’t that strong.

Heh, arc was hindered by yet another low vote showing. 

Another good set-up, Johnny. This might actually be a nice save with brining Sophita into this particular battle, both for the good guys and maybe the arc. Sophita actually looks to be at least on par with Unknown power-wise, and should be the fresher of the two since Unknown just finished a decent fight with Giovanna. 

I think Sophita should likely win the day here.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - patrickthekid
4.60 - DSkillz
4.20 - Pizzaguy2995

FPA Calculation:
3 Total Votes cast
13.80 Total Combined Score
13.80 / 3 = 4.60 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Sophitia Alexandra: 7
Unknown: 1