Slot: The Team's Ranged Weapon Expert
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Legolas Greenleaf at this Wiki
Official Site: J.R.R. Tolkien Estate

Battle Terrain
Battle Terrain: Frozen Lake

Legolas has really good showings at being nimble and precise with his movements, in addition to elves being able to move silently and gracefully on most surfaces. Even when they’re in a snowy mountain, Legolas is shown walking on top of snow waist deep, I think he has a big advantage here.

How exactly does he take him out before he gets a chance to use his superior weapons? Prove to me that Legolas can be as nimble as he usually is on ice skates. Leon doesn't have to worry about moving around and dodging arrows, or at least not as much as Legolas would, as arrows move massively slower than bullets do.

The thing about guns vs arrows is that while yeah guns are more powerful, it comes with many caveats. The recoil can mess with your aim, you have to take into account the gun might jam, and extreme weather conditions can mess with the fuctions too and you have the habit of just running out of ammo. A bow and arrow on the other hand relys on man power, reading the wind and practice and hopefully the opponent isn't wearing strong armor. 

Add all of this to fighting on an entire forzen lake and I have to give it to Legolas. Sure Leon can adapt to his surroundings, but he mostly fights in places like cities, mansions, labs and other indoor areas while Legolas and practically every other Lord of the Rings character have experience fighting outdoors more than anyone in the Resident Evil cast, such as forests, mountains and more villages than you can shake a stick at. Legolas has this in the bag.

12 minutes ago, Gizmo Hibiki said:

Add all of this to fighting on an entire forzen lake and I have to give it to Legolas. Sure Leon can adapt to his surroundings, but he mostly fights in places like cities, mansions, labs and other indoor areas

this is a really cool fight  leon is  better armed and has atleast some degree  of armor in his vest   and is more resourceful 

while legolas may be a little better with his bow and is definitely the quicker  of the two and the environment gives him an edge  as well 

i will go with leon because he fought more versatile  opponents and was often alone when he did it  while legolas  is usually fighting human like opponents and when he has had to fight something different  he had a party with him  

19 minutes ago, comic_book_fan said:

this is a really cool fight  leon is  better armed and has atleast some degree  of armor in his vest   and is more resourceful 

while legolas may be a little better with his bow and is definitely the quicker  of the two and the environment gives him an edge  as well 

i will go with leon because he fought more versatile  opponents and was often alone when he did it  while legolas  is usually fighting human like opponents and when he has had to fight something different  he had a party with him  

He killed an oliphant, and everyone aboard, solo. Legolas had been fighting without too much backup for awhile before this and is far more mobile on this surface, I think Legolas has too many advantages.

19 minutes ago, Magnamax said:

He killed an oliphant, and everyone aboard, solo. Legolas had been fighting without too much backup for awhile before this and is far more mobile on this surface, I think Legolas has too many advantages.

Oliphants are really not that impressive, though? Compared to the bullet sponges that Leon faces through his games, including beasts that while not the size of Oliphants pack a harder punch, he should win this. The Oliphant is not agile at all, he literally completely ignores the jumping elf, and dies to THREE arrows in a second. A normal elephant wouldn't die that fast.

22 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Oliphants are really not that impressive, though? Compared to the bullet sponges that Leon faces through his games, including beasts that while not the size of Oliphants pack a harder punch, he should win this. The Oliphant is not agile at all, he literally completely ignores the jumping elf, and dies to THREE arrows in a second. A normal elephant wouldn't die that fast.

To be fair, Legolas' arrows can travel much further than regular arrows, so with that kind of force a regular elephant wouldn't survive even a single one if it was well placed. This thread seems to imply that he can shoot 400 yard, while the average composite bow (a much stronger kind of bow) can't usually shoot far past 80 yards, which would make Legolas' arrows travel 5x the distance of normal arrows at least, and the effective range of a composite bow is listed as even lower than that: 30-60 yards. Legolas also isn't just taking pot shots that happen to hit, in the books and even the movie it's clear that his shots travel hundreds of yards before hitting orcs in the eyes.

In fact, assuming Legolas' arrows travel to their target in approximately the same amount of time as an average arrow, Legolas' arrows definitely would match the muzzle velocity of lower caliber bullets. The Muzzle Velocity of a .357 Magnum is 1,450 fps, and the average for a composite bow is 300 fps, so if Legolas' arrows travel 5 times faster than the average arrow, his arrows would be about that fast. That is obviously speculative and likely faster than the actual arrow travels, but they definitely don't take substantially longer than normal arrows to hit their targets and he does casually and repeatedly hit targets hundreds of meters away, so the travel speed of his arrows is certainly much higher than 300 fps, which is already an almost impossible thing to dodge

6 hours ago, Macklemore said:

Lol he raced up a larger than elephant sized monster that just got finished ramming through the rohirrim cavalry and took out the 20 or so soldiers onboard without breaking a sweat. He also shot three arrows point blank into the elephant’s head 

Pey already covered magical arrow properties, so I won’t go into that farther. My point is still that Legolas has better showings in terms of how light and quick he is going to be on this surface, Leon is probably going to struggle more and certainly have a harder time with a gun while skating. 

Legolas is fast enough to literally leap up falling debris from a bridge as it is falling under him. I just think he is far too mobile given the arena.