MATCH SCORE
Juggernaut: 10
Mr. Incredible: 0

Match 16587 Ibuki vs. Mina Majikina

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART CXXXVI

momijiayane.jpg.28082b74f57f8fe5a5680425c491ffeb.jpg

In an abandoned warehouse, Juri Han struggled mightily in her fight against the Dragon Shrine maiden, Momiji. (REF: MOMIJI VS. JURI HAN) Although, Juri had fought quick fighters like Cammy White before, it was clear that Momiji’s speed was on another level. Juri lunged at Momiji with a Taekwondo kick. Momji slid underneath the attack,turned, and tagged Juri across the face with her naginata blade.

Juri wiped the blood off her face. “Are you afraid to fight with your bare hands?”

“I don’t need to prove myself to you. I only need to put you down so that I can escape,” Momji retorted.

“You will fail,” screamed Juri.

Juri Han attempted another kick that Momiji blocked with her weapon. Momiji then thrusted the naginata at Juri’s feet to get the sadistic fighter off balance. Juri jumped backward. Momiji used her ninpo to create flames around her fists and she attacked the backpedaling Juri. After several fire assisted strikes, Momiji launched Juri into the air and then drove her hard into the ground with the Hayabusa Izuna Drop. Momiji quickly picked up her naginata and impaled Juri with it before the assassin could return her feet. Momiji jumped into the air with Juri still impaled on the Heavenly Dragon Naginata and slammed her back to the ground. Momiji pulled her blade out of Juri and stood victoriously over her fallen foe.

With the threat neutralized, Momiji walked away from Juri and returned to her dilemma on what to do with the bodies of Talim, Viola, and Z.W.E.I. She knew she had to make a quick decision. More Shadoloo agents would show up shortly.

“No...I… won’t...let...you.” 

Juri Han struggled to stand up while holding the chest wound caused by Momiji’s naginata. Suddenly, Ayane teleported in above her and snapped her neck. Ayane landed on top of Juri’s body.

Ayane took note of the outfit of the woman she had just killed. “Cool color scheme.”

Momiji gasped. “Ayane? What are you doing here?”

“I thought you might need some help,” answered Ayane.

“I do. But, what about your mission?” Momiji asked.

Ayane pulled out the pouch of Soul Edge shards she had stolen from the Mishima Zaibatsu. “Right here.” (REF: MOMIJI VS. VEGA)

“Is that what I think it is? You recovered Soul Edge shards from Jin Kazama?” Momiji inquired. 

“Yeah, well actually I didn’t take them from him directly,” Ayane clarified. “All I had to do was beat up some blonde who thought she was tougher than she actually is.” Ayane laughed. (REF: AYANE VS. NINA WILLIAMS)  “Actually she reminded me of some of the Dead or Alive girls. From there I had to deal with a crazy military guy.  (REF: AYANE VS. ROLENTO)  But, he was more annoying than anything else.”

“That’s amazing. I also managed to do more than just reconnaissance on my mission and obtained Soul Edge shards.” Momiji’s eyes returned to the three warriors at her feet. “Unfortunately, mine still come as human packages. Can you give me a hand?” 

“How did you get all of them out of Shadoloo?” asked Ayane.

“It’s a long story. I can tell you about it once we return to Master Ryu,” Momji informed.

“Ok. Both of these girls are kind of small, I’ll take them. You get the guy with the goofy collared vest,” stated Ayane.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Minachample.jpg.83aa5805322f776aba0606c5b571df39.jpg

In a forested area of the Ryukyu islands, Ibuki found herself on an expedition/class trip with the rest of her classmates. She was less than enthusiastic about it.

“Why would we come all this way to learn about this place that was destroyed centuries ago. Like who cares,” she complained. 

“Ibuki, this place is legendary throughout Japan. Just think at one time there was an entire village where we are walking now that was completely wiped off the map and no one knows why. Not even after all these years,” her friend, Sarai, remarked.

“The truth probably isn’t even that cool. It was probably overrun by a volcano,” Ibuki said dismissively.

“Ibuki, there are no volcanoes around here,” Sarai corrected.

“Whatever.”

“I can’t believe you’re not more into this,” stated Sarai. “What about the stories about all those who have vanished when they tried to study this area?”

Ibuki remained cynical. “I am sure they just got lost. Just look at this place, there are trees everywhere.”

“I don’t believe that. I think there is something mystical here, and I hope we find it,” Sarai declared. We could be a part of history. I bet if we found some cool artifact, Eiko would be really impressed.”

The sound of Eiko’s name immediately changed Ibuki’s mood. Eiko was a college aged worker at a museum close to Ibuki’s school. He was a history buff, a huge Indiana Jones fan, and Ibuki had a major crush on him. 

“You’re right. We need to find something cool here.” Ibuki peered off to the left. “I suggest we go that way back to the caverns we passed earlier.”

“What?”

“Obviously if we stay with the class we won’t find anything exciting. I am sure they have followed this same path dozens of times with other students and what do they have to show for it? Nothing,” Ibuki explained. “Only by breaking away from the pack will we get the chance to do some real exploring.”  

Sarai shook her head and waved her arms in the air. “Oh no, I am not ditching class again with you. We could be left behind and we would be stuck out here forever!”

“You’re no fun,” Ibuki responded. “I guess I’ll have to give it a go alone.”

Sarai protested. “I don’t think it’s a good idea to go off on your own. The stories about people disappearing here are real. Some people think it’s haunted.”

“You worry too much. I am not scared of any fairy tales. Just wish me luck. I’ll be back before the group leaves,” promised Ibuki.

Sarai sighed in the face of Ibuki’s stubborn determination. “Good luck.”

Back at the caverns, another young appearing girl was already inside packing up her weapon, the Suppressing Holy Bow of 8 Purifications. The fresh faced woman had gray hair tied into a top ponytail with a large light bright blue bow. She wore a long white cloth around her waist and an eye patch on her face. Although she appeared to be young, Mina Majikina was actually a centuries old exorcist from the village that once stood where she was now. She was withdrawn and introverted and didn’t like to venture out too much. However, things were happening that she felt deep in her soul. (REF: CHIZURU KAGURA VS. KAZUMI MISHIMA) She could not deny to herself that a demonic influx was underway. (REF: RACHEL VS. SHURA) Mina felt a need to utilize her skills as an exorcist to eliminate any ayakashi that she could find. (REF: BASARA VS. NECALLI)

Mina looked up from her bow. “Ok Chample, I am ready to go.”

Mina then looked around, but her only friend in the world was not around. This alarmed Mina. Chample, the diminutive shisha creature that she had befriended after her village was destroyed, was always by her side. Even when she discovered that Chample, in his true demonic form, was the one responsible for decimating her village, she could not abandon him. Back then, she had decided to absorb some of the evil energy within Chample at the cost of her right eye and corroding her own body.  She then placed sealing paper on Chample’s forehead to keep him in check. Mina never regretted this decision and it strengthened the bond between him. He was always close to her, so the fact that he wasn’t now was a cause for great concern.

After a brief search, Mina found Chample at the entrance of the cavern, in the company of a girl she had never seen before.

Ibuki marveled at the sight of Chample. “What are you? I’ve never seen anything like you before.” She bent down to pet him. “You’re not exactly the artifact that I was looking for, but I bet Aiko will be really stoked that I found you here.”

Ibuki picked up Chample. Suddenly, an arrow flew by her head. Ibuki instinctively cradled Chample in her arms and rolled away. When she returned to her feet she held Chample in one arm and used the other arm to pull out one of her throwing knives.

“Put down Chample and leave now!” Mina demanded.

“Is that his name? I had no idea,” stated Ibuki. “I just want to borrow him to impress this hot guy I know. If he is your pet, I can bring him back.”

“No! Chample does not leave my side.” 

“Mina! Mina!” the tiny creature cried out. He wriggled out of Ibuki’s grasp and returned to Mina’s waiting embrace.

“Ok, sheesh. Maybe there is something else I can take from here as a souvenir then?” Ibuki wondered.

Mina glared at Ibuki. “I am debating on what I should do. I think I should kill you where you stand to ensure that Chample’s secret is safe."

“Whoa. Who do you think you are? You can’t threaten me girlie, I'm a ninja,” Ibuki shot back. 

“You are a nuisance,” said Mina.

“I’ll show you.” Ibuki jumped in the air and threw her throwing knife at Mina to disarm her.

Mina avoided the knife and put Chample back on the ground in one motion.

“Chample, get to a safe space. I will deal with this.”

Hmmm, characters are starting to get killed off in the arc now. Good set-up, Johnny. Nice recap with Momiji and Juri. I've recently noticed that with 280 fully-written matches, you're probably CBUB's most prolific writer in terms of content (though I'm pretty sure others have 300 + -- albeit shorter -- matches), and the bulk of it at this point has likely come from this arc. Congrats! :) 

As for the match, I'm not sure who would win here yet. I mean, both Ibuki and Mina seem very agile with ranged attacks. While Ibuki is a little more agile with trickier attacks, Mina's attacks seem more powerful and devastating.

On 6/12/2021 at 2:03 AM, DSkillz said:

Hmmm, characters are starting to get killed off in the arc now. Good set-up, Johnny. Nice recap with Momiji and Juri. I've recently noticed that with 280 fully-written matches, you're probably CBUB's most prolific writer in terms of content (though I'm pretty sure others have 300 + -- albeit shorter -- matches), and the bulk of it at this point has likely come from this arc. Congrats! :) 

As for the match, I'm not sure who would win here yet. I mean, both Ibuki and Mina seem very agile with ranged attacks. While Ibuki is a little more agile with trickier attacks, Mina's attacks seem more powerful and devastating.

Thanks DSkillz. Yeah, I think I just finished Part 138, which is insane. It's been a lot of fun. Not knowing who will win and having to constantly adjust the story to accomodate for that has kept it fresh at least for me. With that being said, I am glad I can see a light at the end of the tunnel for this thing even with all the new people I have to introduce to fill in for the ties.

I should have probably been killing more characters along the way. There are a lot of fighters wondering around that have already lost and it can clog up an already heavy populated story.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.60 - DSkillz
5.00 - patrickthekid
4.00 - SSJRuss

FPA Calculation:
3 Total Votes cast
13.60 Total Combined Score
13.60 / 3 = 4.53 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Ibuki: 4
Mina Majikina: 2