Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

9:12 - Sora vs. Kirby

SEASON 9, ROUND 12

Sora

Slot: The Team's Platformer
Season Wins: 2
Season Losses: 2
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Sora at Wikipedia
Official Site: Square-Enix

Kirby

Slot: The Team's Platformer
Season Wins: 3
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Kirby at Wikipedia
Official Site: Nintendo

Battle Terrain
Platformer Challenge: Runner3

This one is an interesting case where Sora's game is more like a rhythm game, so it would favor him in that respect, but Kirby's game is a much more pure platformer, so he has more experience and is better suited for the movement type in the game. Kirby is also massively faster, and while the game does favor rhythm, it doesn't necessarily require it. Kirby is so fast that he could run the entire level very quickly, picking up all the gold faster than Sora, and his experience with his type of movement and platformer would give him a massive advantage in overall mobility. Kirby should take this

Around 90 % of KH gameplay involves platforming, so Sora's no stranger to this type of movement himself. His Keyblade techniques and magical spells could blast through any breakable Runner obstacle in his path, and his Superglide and flash-step moves would get him through levels much faster the Runner could.

1 hour ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Kirby is also massively faster, and while the game does favor rhythm, it doesn't necessarily require it. Kirby is so fast that he could run the entire level very quickly, picking up all the gold faster than Sora, ...

I've seen Kirby's speed mentioned in the Draft, but the only mentions I see about this super speed is in his anime, which I'm not sure would even be canon to Kirby's actual gameplay. Does he have any gameplay instances of super-speed?

5 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Around 90 % of KH gameplay involves platforming, so Sora's no stranger to this type of movement himself. His Keyblade techniques and magical spells could blast through any breakable Runner obstacle in his path, and his Superglide and flash-step moves would get him through levels much faster the Runner could.

I've seen Kirby's speed mentioned in the Draft, but the only mentions I see about this super speed is in his anime, which I'm not sure would even be canon to Kirby's actual gameplay. Does he have any gameplay instances of super-speed?

Happy to provide them. Generally speaking, all of Kirby's adventures take place across the entire universe and are not implied to take place in any long amount of time. Even if they did take an incredibly long time (like a decade) it would still put Kirby hundreds of thousands of times FTL just to cross the universe in such time, let alone taking the time to actually do the platforming shenanigans. I know it seems silly, but Kirby's FTL speeds have actually been shown very consistently, and if you consider the Warp Star standard equipment, which he does have in just about every game, he can travel between stars in an instant. For concrete examples, this wave of destruction is casually passing star systems and nebulas in the background, and Kirby is able to outrun it no problem. There's also this calculation of a character moving from the edge of a universe to Popstar. Also, to prove that this is all intentionally how the games are designed, here's a minigame in which a meteor is launched thousands of lightyears in just a few seconds. Kirby is explicitly supposed to be a character who goes on intergalactic adventures, so him being this fast is not an oversight. It's a very intentional design choice by the Kirby team.