Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

9:12 - Vandal Savage vs. Detective Chimp

SEASON 9, ROUND 12

Vandal Savage

Slot: The Team's Master Criminal
Season Wins: 3
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Vandal Savage at Wikipedia
Official Site: D.C Comics

Detective Chimp

Slot: The Team's Master Detective
Season Wins: 2
Season Losses: 2
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Detective Chimp at Wikipedia
Official Site: DC Comics

Battle Terrain
Detective Challenge: Undercover Operation

...this one might be rough lol.

If he's just trying to trick the underlings, I actually think he could do it. While a talking chimp would be crazy in our world, there's an entire city of hyper-intelligent talking gorillas in DC. He wouldn't stick out very much at all. He's also not a super famous detective, and even if he were, most people can't tell one chimp from another. I actually think his chimp-ness kind of works in his favor that way. He won't need very long at all to extract intel, and he's a Sherlock Holmes type who can read people very well. Vandal Savage seems to have a pretty large empire too, so Detective Chimp could probably sneak in and do some damage before word gets back to Savage

It cannot be easy to go undercover among humans while you're a chimpanzee, lol. I mean, it would have to be a very specific set of circumstances that a chimp would be seen in a criminal situation in the first place. 

Even then, at least some members of Savage's empire (and especially Savage himself) would likely notice that this chimp is unusually perceptive and probably move toward eliminating him. 

3 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

While a talking chimp would be crazy in our world, there's an entire city of hyper-intelligent talking gorillas in DC. He wouldn't stick out very much at all.

That would definitely be a problem. It's pretty certain that Savage is quite familiar with the likes of Gorilla Grodd and Ultra-Humanite (and has probably worked or at least had dealings with at least one of them in the past), and wouldn't be so trusting of another unusually-intelligent primate.

4 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

It cannot be easy to go undercover among humans while you're a chimpanzee, lol. I mean, it would have to be a very specific set of circumstances that a chimp would be seen in a criminal situation in the first place. 

IRL, yes. But again, in DC, it wouldn't even be that weird at all. 

5 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Even then, at least some members of Savage's empire (and especially Savage himself) would likely notice that this chimp is unusually perceptive and probably move toward eliminating him. 

I think there are two ways for him to play this. If he positions himself as an ambassador to someone like Grodd, he wouldn't need to act especially perceptive to strip away a lot of information and would be able to naturally acquire information. Or, he could pretend to be someone like Grodd, in which case him being very perceptive and intelligent would make a lot of sense. That second one is more dangerous in that he would have to work with Savage himself much more closely, but it would also probably get him his goal more quickly. 

49 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

IRL, yes. But again, in DC, it wouldn't even be that weird at all. 

I don't know about you, but I've read hundreds of issues of DC Comics and from what I've seen, pet chimps aren't really common. The Mad Hatter had a pet chimp during the Knightfall Saga, but that's about all I can think of.

1 hour ago, Peypeypeypey said:

I think there are two ways for him to play this. If he positions himself as an ambassador to someone like Grodd, he wouldn't need to act especially perceptive to strip away a lot of information and would be able to naturally acquire information. Or, he could pretend to be someone like Grodd, in which case him being very perceptive and intelligent would make a lot of sense. That second one is more dangerous in that he would have to work with Savage himself much more closely, but it would also probably get him his goal more quickly. 

Of course, this is all assuming that Bobo could pull off the undercover role in the first place. He's basically an expy of Sherlock Holmes, and Holmes himself doesn't seem to have any serious successful experiences in undercover work.

1 hour ago, Peypeypeypey said:

While a talking chimp would be crazy in our world, there's an entire city of hyper-intelligent talking gorillas in DC. He wouldn't stick out very much at all.

I think that's one of the MAIN reasons he would stick out. That, and the fact that there's reason to be suspicious about a chimpanzee who is a detective within the DC universe, since they both originate from the same universe.

10 hours ago, DSkillz said:

I don't know about you, but I've read hundreds of issues of DC Comics and from what I've seen, pet chimps aren't really common. The Mad Hatter had a pet chimp during the Knightfall Saga, but that's about all I can think of.

Of course, this is all assuming that Bobo could pull off the undercover role in the first place. He's basically an expy of Sherlock Holmes, and Holmes himself doesn't seem to have any serious successful experiences in undercover work.

Funny enough, yes, he does seem to have experience going undercover

8 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Meh. Any fairly astute henchman of Savage will notice the very dark fur on Bobo's wrists (which would be strange for an old man to have), and I doubt Vandal would trust his most important secrets with just any dumb grunt.