Vegeta

Slot: The Team's Anime Character
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Vegeta at this Wiki
Official Site: Funimation

Battle Terrain

Base Thanos? He's gonna get slapped down pretty hard. Thanos is strong, but on his own without any of his OP gear, Thanos just isn't on the level of current Vegeta. If he had the Cosmic Cube or anything else he could probably win, but that's not standard equipment, nor is it really a distinct "version" of the character so much as it's an artificially and temporarily amped version of him, so I'm not sure that it counts

7 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Base Thanos? He's gonna get slapped down pretty hard. Thanos is strong, but on his own without any of his OP gear, Thanos just isn't on the level of current Vegeta. If he had the Cosmic Cube or anything else he could probably win, but that's not standard equipment, nor is it really a distinct "version" of the character so much as it's an artificially and temporarily amped version of him, so I'm not sure that it counts

Yet again, I don't think the VS Battles website is giving Thanos any credit. Thanos just restored to his Normal power set could lay the smack down on a Phoenix-Empowered Thane, has survived multiple shots from a weapon being powered by a Tribunal-level Adam Warlock, has battled Drax at one point when he was given the "strength of the universe" by Kronos, has forced Odin to use Gungnir on him before after Odin one shot Silver Surfer, has fought against Tyrant, and has fought against Omega, a Thanosi clone of Galactus himself. Really, the only reason I can think of Vegeta winning this is because of the fact that he's just massively faster, an area in which many Marvel heavy hitters lack for some reason, but Thanos is durable enough to tank a number of hits before Vegeta puts him down.

Just now, Macklemore said:

Yet again, I don't think the VS Battles website is giving Thanos any credit. Thanos just restored to his Normal power set could lay the smack down on a Phoenix-Empowered Thane, has survived multiple shots from a weapon being powered by a Tribunal-level Adam Warlock, has battled Drax at one point when he was given the "strength of the universe" by Kronos, has forced Odin to use Gungnir on him before after Odin one shot Silver Surfer, has fought against Tyrant, and has fought against Omega, a Thanosi clone of Galactus himself. Really, the only reason I can think of Vegeta winning this is because of the fact that he's just massively faster, an area in which many Marvel heavy hitters lack for some reason, but Thanos is durable enough to tank a number of hits before Vegeta puts him down.

I wasn't just going on the Vs Battle Wiki for this one though. Vegeta isn't just faster, he's also stronger. Goku, in his fight with Beerus, was threatening to destroy the universe, and both Goku and Vegeta have gotten substantially stronger since then. Really, while those feats are impressive, I don't think any of them are on Vegeta's current level, and without anything to amp him, he's probably going to get beaten even with speed equalized. Again, at the beginning of Super, Goku was universe-level, and while I wouldn't call him outright multiversal, he's definitely massively stronger than just a universe buster. Factor that in with his speed and Thanos doesn't really stand a chance

Not to mention, Vegeta now knows how use Spiritual diffusion so when he punches something he can actually make a person lose power and abilities that didn't originally come from them. He can even punch fusion characters causing them to separate and now also know how to use the destruction abilities of a God of Destruction by destroying matter.

It looks like the only advantage an un-amped Thanos has on current Vegeta is intelligence. Unless Thanos can come up with a way to defeat Vegeta on-the-fly, though, the Mad Titan may not have a chance here.