Slot: The Team's Master Criminal
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Deathstroke at this Wiki
Official Site: DC Comics

Battle Terrain
Detective Challenge: Defense and Security

Deathstroke's prep time is legendary, and while The Question is properly paranoid enough to thwart most people he could come up against, I think Deathstroke is one of the few people that could out muscle him mentally. I'm not sure if Question would be given knowledge on who is about to rob the estate, but surely hearing the word Deathstroke won't let Question sleep well at night at all.

2 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Deathstroke's prep time is legendary, and while The Question is properly paranoid enough to thwart most people he could come up against, I think Deathstroke is one of the few people that could out muscle him mentally. I'm not sure if Question would be given knowledge on who is about to rob the estate, but surely hearing the word Deathstroke won't let Question sleep well at night at all.

At the same time, I think Question actually has an advantage in this category honestly. He knows who Deathstroke is and how he works, and he's already caught on to the fact that Deathstroke is going to rob this place, so he knows who to prepare for. His intense paranoia would also help him sniff out the rat more easily. The real question is "Can the detective thwart the robbery." To me, the purpose of the question is more "is the detective smart enough to get the rat and prepare the estate" than "can the detective physically stop the criminal." Deathstroke is just so physically superior that it's possible the Question will be unable to stop him, but I have no doubt he can figure out a way to either stop Deathstroke or unquestionably pin the crime on him

1 minute ago, Peypeypeypey said:

At the same time, I think Question actually has an advantage in this category honestly. He knows who Deathstroke is and how he works, and he's already caught on to the fact that Deathstroke is going to rob this place, so he knows who to prepare for. His intense paranoia would also help him sniff out the rat more easily. The real question is "Can the detective thwart the robbery." To me, the purpose of the question is more "is the detective smart enough to get the rat and prepare the estate" than "can the detective physically stop the criminal." Deathstroke is just so physically superior that it's possible the Question will be unable to stop him, but I have no doubt he can figure out a way to either stop Deathstroke or unquestionably pin the crime on him

I mean, it's as easy as going up to a police station and saying. "Hey, Deathstroke is going to do it, I'm out of here," but I don't know if that really counts as a win cause even if he alerts pretty much any one law enforcement in the country, it's kind of a toss up whether they'd ever catch him.

I think the main problem for Question here is just how exactly does he plan on stopping Deathstroke? This is the same Deathstroke who schooled Batman and even held his own against the entire Justice League! Even if Question had all the prep time in the world what could he actually do to stop Slade aside from calling the Justice League to handle this? That’s not even counting the fact that Slade has an inside man telling him what Question plans for him are.

5 hours ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

I think the main problem for Question here is just how exactly does he plan on stopping Deathstroke? This is the same Deathstroke who schooled Batman and even held his own against the entire Justice League! Even if Question had all the prep time in the world what could he actually do to stop Slade aside from calling the Justice League to handle this? That’s not even counting the fact that Slade has an inside man telling him what Question plans for him are.

Again, I think the hyper-paranoid and intelligent Question would fairly quickly find out who the rat is. He may even try to use the rat to feed false info, but either way he's going to get found out. The other thing I would add is that Deathstroke cannot consistently hold his own against the Justice League. He has that one feat where all the members do incredibly dumb things that lets Slade get the better of many of them, but even at his peak, he shouldn't be considered a Justice League-level opponent physically. He is regularly matched by peak humans of the DC Universe like Nightwing, Batman, etc. 

18 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Again, I think the hyper-paranoid and intelligent Question would fairly quickly find out who the rat is. He may even try to use the rat to feed false info, but either way he's going to get found out. The other thing I would add is that Deathstroke cannot consistently hold his own against the Justice League. He has that one feat where all the members do incredibly dumb things that lets Slade get the better of many of them, but even at his peak, he shouldn't be considered a Justice League-level opponent physically. He is regularly matched by peak humans of the DC Universe like Nightwing, Batman, etc. 

Is Question even peak human? I know he’s a great detective but he’s never been portrayed as a fighter, at the very least no where near Batman or Nightwing. So again how does he even plan on defeating Slade? Unless he plans on getting other heroes to handle Slade, I just don’t see how he stops Deathstroke from simply waltzing through the estate and killing anyone who gets in his way.

41 minutes ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Is Question even peak human? I know he’s a great detective but he’s never been portrayed as a fighter, at the very least no where near Batman or Nightwing. So again how does he even plan on defeating Slade? Unless he plans on getting other heroes to handle Slade, I just don’t see how he stops Deathstroke from simply waltzing through the estate and killing anyone who gets in his way.

I wasn't trying to say he could fight Deathstroke, more just pushing back on the idea that Deathstroke can take the whole Justice League at once. That was such a specific situation and required people like the Flash, GL, and Zatanna to act so out of character that it's not really a feat that can be actively attributed to him. Slade would wreck Question in a fight

52 minutes ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Is Question even peak human? I know he’s a great detective but he’s never been portrayed as a fighter, at the very least no where near Batman or Nightwing. So again how does he even plan on defeating Slade?

Vic is arguably one of the top tier fighters on DC Comics Earth these days, actually. At some point, he gets some training from Lady Shiva and Richard Dragon. Whether or not that would be good enough to deal with Deathstroke's own skill and much superior physical abilities is another matter. 

On another note, I argued with someone on YouTube that tried to attribute comics Question's fighting ability to DCAU Question, and I reminded him that DCAU Vic is nowhere near as good a fighter (since he wasn't trained by Shiva or Dragon, who don't even exist in the DCAU). 

44 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Vic is arguably one of the top tier fighters on DC Comics Earth these days, actually. At some point, he gets some training from Lady Shiva and Richard Dragon. Whether or not that would be good enough to deal with Deathstroke's own skill and much superior physical abilities is another matter. 

On another note, I argued with someone on YouTube that tried to attribute comics Question's fighting ability to DCAU Question, and I reminded him that DCAU Vic is nowhere near as good a fighter (since he wasn't trained by Shiva or Dragon, who don't even exist in the DCAU). 

I agree full heartedly. Comics Question and DCAU Question are two entirely different versions of the character and they definitely don’t have the same feats. I hope you gave him a reality check.