Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

Helena Shaw vs. Lori Quaid
MATCH SCORE
Helena Shaw: 2
Lori Quaid: 3

9:7 - Omega Shenron vs. Hyperion (Marvel)

SEASON 9, ROUND 7

Omega Shenron

Slot: The Team's Anime Character
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Omega Shenron at this Wiki
Official Site: Toei Animation

Hyperion (Marvel)

Slot: The Team's Marvel Comics Character
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Hyperion (Marvel) at this Wiki
Official Site: Marvel Entertainment

Battle Terrain

Hehe, there are like a few different Hyperions. None of them seem they may have quite the physicals of Omega Shenron, though. 

With Hyperion having been able to survive the destruction of two universes imploding upon him and his being capable of doing things like this:

Tumblr_l_14203409857475.png

I figure he has a good shot?

Either that version of Galactus is starving or just flat-out much weaker than 616 Galactus, or Hyperion suddenly gained power that would put him outside the bounds of this slot.

24 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Either that version of Galactus is starving or just flat-out much weaker than 616 Galactus, or Hyperion suddenly gained power that would put him outside the bounds of this slot.

From what I understand, that is 616 Galactus but it's a strange new world reborn, with the timeline and universe altered by the galaxy changing events that preceded. So the Heroes Reborn event run suggests. 

Could be starving though

28 minutes ago, C.T. said:

From what I understand, that is 616 Galactus but it's a strange new world reborn, with the timeline and universe altered by the galaxy changing events that preceded. So the Heroes Reborn event run suggests. 

Could be starving though

It would have to be an absolutely starving Galactus, and even then, I highly doubt he would die that "easily." If memory serves, wasn't there an event within Marvel where the universe was getting all wonky because Galactus died and he was a universal constant?

In any case, I think the "two universes" feat is arguably being misinterpreted. Here it is, for reference. The text reads "By the time the worlds were about to touch, he was all that remained of them. Hyperion held them apart... until the worlds broke, the cascading energy collapsing two entire universes. And everything died. Everything except him." So it could be interpreted as two universes, but looking at the rest of his feats, this would be a massive outlier for him. The way it's written, it sounds like it was just the energy of two planets collapsing, and those planets were just the focal point of the two universes getting wiped out, so it's not really clear if he tanked the destruction of two planets or two universes. I would argue the answer is probably somewhere in between, but again, his next best feat is like being okay getting hit by the Hulk. Impressive, sure. Anywhere near multiversal? Not really.

So it depends on how you interpret this feat. If you do think it's him tanking the energy of two collapsing universes, then he's way too durable for Omega Shenron to beat. However, again, I'm really not convinced. This feat seems too nebulous to me, and even taking it on face value it's a massive outlier, unless there are feats not in the RT that also put him near this level 

It's strange, but it's not even the first time Hyperion has been put on the level of Galactus. So that's two cases of him beating something on the level of Galactus and surviving two colliding universes. A fair amount of skepticism is fair about the viability of these feats, however. One of them was off screen and the other one feels... wrong. But hey, I can't just shoot down a feat cause of the things I feel about it. At the end of the day, dude still did it. Might have some explanation as to what happened if we got the comic that feat came from.

2 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

It's strange, but it's not even the first time Hyperion has been put on the level of Galactus. So that's two cases of him beating something on the level of Galactus and surviving two colliding universes. A fair amount of skepticism is fair about the viability of these feats, however. One of them was off screen and the other one feels... wrong. But hey, I can't just shoot down a feat cause of the things I feel about it. At the end of the day, dude still did it. Might have some explanation as to what happened if we got the comic that feat came from.

Just went and looked it up myself, it was the opening moment for the second issue of the new Heroes Reborn run just coming out: https://readcomiconline.li/Comic/Heroes-Reborn-2021/Issue-2?id=184424

Only a page or so but yeah, from the sounds of things the guy was pretty hungry. 

Well, unlike this weird showing from Hyperion, Omega Shenron is actually stated to be able to destroy his universe, with one attack (the Minus Energy Power Ball) able to destroy it and the Kai's realm all at once.

7 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Well, unlike this weird showing from Hyperion, Omega Shenron is actually stated to be able to destroy his universe, with one attack (the Minus Energy Power Ball) able to destroy it and the Kai's realm all at once.

He is stated to be that strong, but as I said last time, that statement is rather dubious to me. And the weird showings matter. Determining how strong Hyperion is via these feats is important because if he is strong enough to throw down with Galactus and survive the collapsing of two full universes, he's definitely stronger than Omega Shenron (or at least as strong in the latter case)

14 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

He is stated to be that strong, but as I said last time, that statement is rather dubious to me. And the weird showings matter. Determining how strong Hyperion is via these feats is important because if he is strong enough to throw down with Galactus and survive the collapsing of two full universes, he's definitely stronger than Omega Shenron (or at least as strong in the latter case)

Well, while there's good reason to have doubts about the Galactus feat and the "universe exploding" feat (especially since the latter may be planetary at best), Omega Shenron absorbed Black Smoke Shenron (the latter of which who himself did in fact did destroy several galaxies right after his birth), so Omega should probably be confirmed to be at least Multi-Galaxy level.