Doctor Fate

Slot: The Team's DC Comics Character
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Doctor Fate at this Wiki
Official Site: DC Comics

Battle Terrain

This would be a tough match for both sides, but I do think Franklin Richards displays more raw power than Dr. Fate. Making Galactus his herald is an insane feat, and then effortlessly beating Celestials who were beating up Galactus is equally impressive. Franklin also doesn't use magic, he's just a reality warping, making his effects more robust, permanent, and quicker than Dr. Fate's are likely to be. This wouldn't be easy either way. Both have feats against multiversal power houses in their universes (Franklin with Galactus, Dr Fate stalemating The Spectre), but where Dr. Fate fought the Spectre to a standstill, Franklin Richards made the infinitely proud and ageless Galactus regard him as a superior, even when he was well-fed enough to fight evenly with Universe+ tier Celestials. 

It really all depends on what Doctor Fate version Franklin Richards is fighting. If it's pretty much anything other than Nabu, he has a chance to win and possibly humiliate anything he faces. Anything short of Nabu himself though dies unless there's a heck of a lot of prep involved. As much as I love Doctor Fate, Franklin Richards did take on Celestials and make Galactus his herald. Sure, a lot of subtext involved with that, but it was still impressive. I feel like the new Secret Wars are also overlooked, which give Franklin Richards to create a bunch of universes that were previously destroyed. Dude was creating universes like it was nobody's business, and they only burned out after he made a fair number of them (Can't recall how much it was, I just remember this feat at face value). However, Nabu himself also has power to a ridiculous degree. He's been portrayed as someone who can revert events on the scale of Crisis on Infinite Earths. I think this is fair and balanced matchup, and when it comes to people that have this unimaginable degree of power the one thing we could arguee is experience, as it's something that doesn't really fluctuate that much. Nabu is simply too old and too experienced for Franklin Richards, in my opinion, on top of having the same amount of indescribable power as him.

1 hour ago, Macklemore said:

It really all depends on what Doctor Fate version Franklin Richards is fighting. If it's pretty much anything other than Nabu, he has a chance to win and possibly humiliate anything he faces. Anything short of Nabu himself though dies unless there's a heck of a lot of prep involved. As much as I love Doctor Fate, Franklin Richards did take on Celestials and make Galactus his herald. Sure, a lot of subtext involved with that, but it was still impressive. I feel like the new Secret Wars are also overlooked, which give Franklin Richards to create a bunch of universes that were previously destroyed. Dude was creating universes like it was nobody's business, and they only burned out after he made a fair number of them (Can't recall how much it was, I just remember this feat at face value). However, Nabu himself also has power to a ridiculous degree. He's been portrayed as someone who can revert events on the scale of Crisis on Infinite Earths. I think this is fair and balanced matchup, and when it comes to people that have this unimaginable degree of power the one thing we could arguee is experience, as it's something that doesn't really fluctuate that much. Nabu is simply too old and too experienced for Franklin Richards, in my opinion, on top of having the same amount of indescribable power as him.

I would actually argue that Nabu's experience isn't that big of a deciding factor here. With reality warping as strong as Franklin's, he already has pretty vast experience using his power, and both of them can effectively do anything they wish. A bigger factor might be that Nabu is a Lord of Order, correct? So Franklin can not only match him at his own game (in an orderly way,) he can also potentially do things Nabu has the power to do, but which are disorderly or chaotic in nature. It may sound like I'm reaching, and I sort of am, but with beings this powerful and with such nebulous powers, I feel that we have to explore every nook and cranny of power and personality to determine who wins

Just now, Peypeypeypey said:

I would actually argue that Nabu's experience isn't that big of a deciding factor here. With reality warping as strong as Franklin's, he already has pretty vast experience using his power, and both of them can effectively do anything they wish. A bigger factor might be that Nabu is a Lord of Order, correct? So Franklin can not only match him at his own game (in an orderly way,) he can also potentially do things Nabu has the power to do, but which are disorderly or chaotic in nature. It may sound like I'm reaching, and I sort of am, but with beings this powerful and with such nebulous powers, I feel that we have to explore every nook and cranny of power and personality to determine who wins

True, but he consistently battles Lords of Chaos, like Mordru and the like. In the scan that I posted, the only one in that post, he even goes alone to the area where the Lords of Chaos reside in and calls them out. There's a few more there but they're off the panel and I deliberately cut them out cause I thought it wasn't important. If he's not scared to approach them, all who have shown powers on the level needed to match Franklin Richards/Nabu himself, I don't see how being chaotic would bother Nabu that much.

1 hour ago, Macklemore said:

True, but he consistently battles Lords of Chaos, like Mordru and the like. In the scan that I posted, the only one in that post, he even goes alone to the area where the Lords of Chaos reside in and calls them out. There's a few more there but they're off the panel and I deliberately cut them out cause I thought it wasn't important. If he's not scared to approach them, all who have shown powers on the level needed to match Franklin Richards/Nabu himself, I don't see how being chaotic would bother Nabu that much.

I think I was unclear in my previous comment. I wasn't saying he wins just be invoking chaos, I was saying he may have more potential attack options because he isn't bound to solely orderly options