Captain Atom

Slot: The Team's DC Comics Character
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Captain Atom at this Wiki
Official Site: D.C Comics

Battle Terrain

Captain Atom at his usual is one of the go-to heroes that can hold his own with evil/rogue versions of Superman and at his best, can handle numerous Supermen. This shouldn't be too difficult. 

1 hour ago, C.T. said:

Captain Atom at his usual is one of the go-to heroes that can hold his own with evil/rogue versions of Superman and at his best, can handle numerous Supermen. This shouldn't be too difficult. 

Yeah, Captain Adam should probably win. I feel like there's something with radiation and the Hulk maybe that he could do? Seems like there's some kind of thematic bridge between the two at least

4 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Yeah, Captain Adam should probably win. I feel like there's something with radiation and the Hulk maybe that he could do? Seems like there's some kind of thematic bridge between the two at least

He could definitely drain him of his gamma energy, but I don't know if that would turn him back to Banner. Been out of the loop ever since they said Gamma Energy in the Marvel Universe originates from the One Below All.

Eh, if X-Ray of the U-Foes can drain Hulk's radiation, Atom (who's arguably even more powerful) could likely do the same.

On 5/18/2021 at 1:30 PM, Peypeypeypey said:

23 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Eh, if X-Ray of the U-Foes can drain Hulk's radiation, Atom (who's arguably even more powerful) could likely do the same.

Ah but you guys forget, gamma radiation in the marvel universe is quite different then the kind Atom is familiar with; as was revealed in the Immortal Hulk comic saga the gamma radiation that powers Hulk actually comes from the Below-Place (Marvel’s version of Hell) and is powered by the One Below All, literally cosmic Satan!

So not only would Captain Atom radiation absorption not be applicable in this scenario, but the fact of the matter is that while Captain Atom can certainly hold his own against Supes, he is clearly not as strong or durable as him, meanwhile Hulk is at least one of the three strongest heroes in the marvel universe, literally only Thor or Sentry are even close to him! Remember when he beat the crap out of Hyperion, the guy who survived the collision of two universes? Hulk smashes! Nuff said.

4 hours ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

So not only would Captain Atom radiation absorption not be applicable in this scenario, but the fact of the matter is that while Captain Atom can certainly hold his own against Supes, he is clearly not as strong or durable as him, meanwhile Hulk is at least one of the three strongest heroes in the marvel universe, literally only Thor or Sentry are even close to him! Remember when he beat the crap out of Hyperion, the guy who survived the collision of two universes? Hulk smashes! Nuff said.

At his base power, Atom can gives Supes a good fight yeah, but at his best Atom can casually handle and defeat multiple Supermen so

4 hours ago, C.T. said:

At his base power, Atom can gives Supes a good fight yeah, but at his best Atom can casually handle and defeat multiple Supermen so

At his best Hulk’s thunderclap disintegrated the One Below All, the cosmic satan I previously mentioned.

8 minutes ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

At his best Hulk’s thunderclap disintegrated the One Below All, the cosmic satan I previously mentioned.

If that is actually what happened, even without reading into the Plot Contrivances that allowed it to happen, that version of Hulk would be too powerful for this slot.

7 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

If that is actually what happened, even without reading into the Plot Contrivances that allowed it to happen, that version of Hulk would be too powerful for this slot.

But Mephisto, Lady Death, Highfather, and The Spectre aren’t too powerful for this slot?  

1 minute ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

But it’s still Hulk is it not? The storyline of Immortal Hulk takes place in the 616 Marvel universe and stars the 616 version of Hulk, the same Hulk I picked for my team.

Hey listen man, I'm just saying it how it is. You picking the Hulk doesn't mean you can cheat the system and include versions of the Hulk that are obviously more powerful. Otherwise, we might as well give Captain Atom the abilities of Captain Adam and Dr. Manhattan.

1 minute ago, Macklemore said:

Hey listen man, I'm just saying it how it is. You picking the Hulk doesn't mean you can cheat the system and include versions of the Hulk that are obviously more powerful. Otherwise, we might as well give Captain Atom the abilities of Captain Adam and Dr. Manhattan.

How am I cheating? The Immortal Hulk storyline is canon to the Marvel 616 universe, it literally was a storyline in the main Hulk series of comics, look it up if you don’t believe me! Captain Adam and Dr. Manhattan are both different characters from Captain Atom, both from different universes from post crisis or new 52 Captain Atom. Did the Immortal Hulk storyline take place in 616 Marvel continuity yes or no? If yes, then that Hulk falls within the standard version that Fox cleared me to use for my team!