Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

9:6 - Mistress Death vs. Gogeta

SEASON 9, ROUND 6

Mistress Death

Slot: The Team's Marvel Comics Character
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Mistress Death at this Wiki
Official Site: Marvel Comics

Gogeta

Slot: The Team's Anime Character
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Gogeta at this Wiki
Official Site: Toei Animation

Battle Terrain

Heh, Death should win this without even really fighting.

6 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Heh, Death should win this without even really fighting.

Can I ask how Death wins, or even fights, in these match ups? My memory is that Death never gets involved with anything basically no matter how bad things get, and I can't recall a time when she personally went out of her way to take out a big bad or a strong hero. I have no doubt that she could kill most people in this slot, but my question is would she, and if so, how and why

24 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Can I ask how Death wins, or even fights, in these match ups? My memory is that Death never gets involved with anything basically no matter how bad things get, and I can't recall a time when she personally went out of her way to take out a big bad or a strong hero. I have no doubt that she could kill most people in this slot, but my question is would she, and if so, how and why

Eh, the scenario of the match-up would have to be more elaborate to answer these questions. Since Death and Gogeta are placed in this match-up, though, it's safe to assume they'd be "fighting" for whatever reason, in which case Death's virtual omnipotence of cosmic power stomps.

28 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Eh, the scenario of the match-up would have to be more elaborate to answer these questions. Since Death and Gogeta are placed in this match-up, it's safe to assume they'd be "fighting" for whatever reason, in which case Death's virtual omnipotence of cosmic power stomps.

I'm asking like literally though. Practically. What are Death's feats? I can't find a RT, and I can't remember a single time Death does anything other than just vibe next to important stuff happening

27 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

I'm asking like literally though. Practically. What are Death's feats? I can't find a RT, and I can't remember a single time Death does anything other than just vibe next to important stuff happening

Well, she did kill everyone in the Cancerverse. The beings of the Cancerverse seem to have the same powers as their 616 counterparts.

3 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Well, she did kill everyone in the Cancerverse. The beings of the Cancerverse seem to have the same powers as their 616 counterparts.

Unless I completely misread that, she killed some people in the Cancerverse only after she had been explicitly summoned by Mar-Vell killing Thanos, or something along those lines, and the only reason she killed Mar-Vell is to give him "the fate he cheated his way out of so long ago." After that, the universe starting collapsing because of some seemingly unrelated shenanigan, although I haven't read the fully story so maybe not. Mar-Vell is a good bit weaker than Gogeta. I'm not even fully doubting Death could win here, I'm just trying to picture how it goes down and what that victory looks like

2 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

I'm not even fully doubting Death could win here, I'm just trying to picture how it goes down and what that victory looks like

Let's go with outlive Gogeta's 30 minute timer until he turns into two different people, giving Death the technical win. We'll think about how she wins any other matches she can't outlast as they come.

5 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Unless I completely misread that, she killed some people in the Cancerverse only after she had been explicitly summoned by Mar-Vell killing Thanos, or something along those lines, and the only reason she killed Mar-Vell is to give him "the fate he cheated his way out of so long ago."

Actually, she killed Mar-Vell, and from there the resulting "death touch" spread out to kill every Cancerverse inhabitant in the battle, including the Galactus Engine (who likely had 616 Galactus's abilities), and seriously hurt the beings that ruled that dimension. 

5 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

I'm not even fully doubting Death could win here, I'm just trying to picture how it goes down and what that victory looks like

There are admittedly sparse few feats for Death, but as an abstract entity, she's virtually omnipotent, and Gogeta wouldn't even be able to hurt her. Hell, instead of Death even lifting a finger to attack, I could foresee Gogeta depleting all his Ki to try to take her out (resulting in the aforementioned split back into Goku and Vegeta), or even taking himself out with a kamikaze attack to try, in vain, to kill her.

23 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Actually, she killed Mar-Vell, and from there the resulting "death touch" spread out to kill every Cancerverse inhabitant in the battle, including the Galactus Engine (who likely had 616 Galactus's abilities), and seriously hurt the beings that ruled that dimension. 

If I'm reading it right, it failed to kill Thanos, who was literally dying right next to the attack when it happened. Also, the Galactus Engine might have Galactus' powers, but I'm pretty sure a well-fed Galactus is no less powerful and is more eternal than Death is, so I don't think it should be interpreted as being on Galactus' level. In any case, she can just wait out Gogeta so I guess that's all we need for this match

2 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

If I'm reading it right, it failed to kill Thanos, who was literally dying right next to the attack when it happened.

Death wasn't trying to kill Thanos; she had actually removed him from the Realm of Death some time prior, so he couldn't really die at that point. Thanos was pretending to want the Cancerverse's Mar-Vell to kill him so Death could be summoned to that dimension to kill Mar-Vell.