Rumble 20541 Batman (Nolanverse) vs. Judas Breed
MATCH SCORE
Batman: 2
Judas Breed: 0

Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Match 16270 Siren Head vs. Slender Man

RakaiThwei

My name is Packard Wyatt. I’m a Private Investigator and part time Paranormal Investigator and Researcher. Through out all of my life, I’ve always been interested in the shadow realm which lies beneath our own mundane reality—past all the hustle and bustle of life, from waking up, getting ready to go to work, putting the hours in, coming back home and meeting the family, watching the news and hearing what the politicians tell us, I truly believe that there is so much more to our world than what we are told to believe.

Growing up, you believe that there are things which go bump in the night. The things which hide in your closet at night and under your bed. And then your parents turn on the lights and tell you that they’re not real and it’s just a figment of your wild imagination, or something which you saw on television. And for years, you are convinced that that’s just kids stuff, or something which belongs in a schlocky horror flick. Nothing but smoke and mirrors, and those things can’t hurt you.

Before I became a paranormal investigator, I was a police officer on the force…  I served on the force for twelve years. In that time, you see a lot of things— crimes ranging from petty theft, domestic disputes, distribution of illegal substances and… if you’re not fortunate enough, sometimes even cases like murder. You let the nerds in forensics do all of the tech work with DNA samples and such but… one night, I had what you might call a wakeup call, that sometimes… the monsters are real, and they’re not just the monsters in human skin. That was a night which I would never forget, something which not my training at the academy or my experience in law enforcement would ever have prepared me for.

All that stuff which you once got scared of as a kid, the monster under your bed or in your closet, or maybe the stuff which you hear about on those documentaries like that Ghost Hunters show… The things which your parents tell you are not real and can’t hurt you? It’s real. All of it. Very much real as the very air which you breathe. As real as the very world which surrounds us.

So, who protects us?

Well, no one… There ain’t no one to fight these things. There’s no Captain America. There’s no Spider-Man. No Batman or Superman. That’s just the stuff of funny books right there.

And the stuff on TV? Oh, well that shit doesn’t even so much as come close to the real thing.

But someone out there has to do it and I’ve seen some shit which makes me question if there’s a higher power watching over us if these things are out there… Which brings me to this very situation right now.

I had been contacted by a single mother who had reported a missing persons case for her son over two months ago. The son, named Thomas Gerald, is or rather… possibly was a ten year old boy. Taking something of a profile on the child, the mother said that Thomas was a relatively good child, often obedient and never really had a reason to run off. He was popular in school, very good at sports and had fared academically well enough to pass his classes. During a trip to the New Jersey Pine Barrens for a family camping trip, the boy seemingly had disappeared. The police put out a search for the boy, covering over the large area of the barrens but hadn’t even so much as come across any trace of little Tommy. No clothing, no blood, no body. It was as if the  kid just up and vanished.

But something which caught my attention that baffled the local police were the strange ritualistic markings found on some of the trees, markings found on a piece of paper with a circle crossed out. The police withdrew the search but later pressed the mother with questions if she had any enemies or if the boy’s estranged father may have had something to do with it, but when the police interrogated the boy’s father, he had a relatively solid alibi.

When the mother had come to me and presented the case, I started to do some research on the investigation as well as what evidence that the local police found based on the mother’s descriptions.

Similar cases had gone back many years, farther than what I had ever really believed. The oldest documented case going back to the 1980s, where a group of children had vanished and never were to be heard from or seen again. But the photo which was presented on the forums I came across pointed something out peculiar—a tall man with a blurred out face, standing behind the children. And in another photo, a similar individual or possibly the same, was watching the children engaging in play at a jungle gym.

And as they say, down the rabbit hole I went… I suppose this is where my experiences with the things which go bump in the night came to play. Whatever I could be looking into, possibly went back farther in history than what I had anticipated and it went by many different names. And it persisted as the years went on, even possibly having something to do with the stabbing of a young girl by her two friends somewhere in the Mid-West.

Everything seemed to be pretty routine, having acquired the information from the boy’s mother regarding the location of where the camping site had been located, speak to the locals if there had been any situations like this in the past and if they had heard something in relation to the case, get in touch with local law enforcement for further information or… whatever information I was allowed to have regarding the missing child, and maybe get some history in regards to the very area itself.

The locals had pointed me to an area of the New Jersey Pine Barrens referred to as ‘The Blue Hole’.

According to locals, this spot has some legend to it… It was said to not only be bottomless but it was also something of a frequent haunt of the Jersey Devil. It only measured about thirty yards across and was surprisingly perfectly round and was oddly always cold even during the warmest days of the summer. And as it’s namesake suggest, it was the most clear body of water which I had ever laid eyes on and had a blue tint to itself, giving it something of an inviting look. A small child could find this enticing to swim in… Provided if the legends of something dragging would be swimmers didn’t deter the child, or ignorance of these legends played a factor here.

So… armed with nothing more than my camera, I figured that some photographs would be ideal. As perhaps there might be something which the search party may have missed out on.

And then… the oddest thing had happened. There was the sound of sirens… Warning sirens. The kind which would be heard when there was a natural disaster ready to happen. I looked all around and stared up at the sky to see if there were any thunder clouds but… the sky was clear and bright.

I raised my camera up to eye level and decided a few more pictures of the Blue Hole would be in order when I noticed something on the tree closest to me. There was a white piece of lined paper seemingly taped there and I reached for it, grabbing it and lightly removing it from the trunk of the tree. I furrowed my brow and narrowed my eyes as I looked at the note. There was that familiar ritualistic drawing of the circle crossed out, and the word NO written seemingly an endless amount of times on the paper.

I thought to myself, this hadn’t been there not too long ago… Had this been recently put there and if so, by who?

Frantically, I searched around and… there was movement coming from the trees. Instinctively, I raised my hands to positon my camera and upon holding it— my device started to malfunction. Pixels were discolored and warped, but whatever I was able to make out… was right there in front of my and seemed to be getting closer. It reached out for me, but in a moment of fright and surprise, I fell back and scrambled away to the best of my ability.

This thing, this… faceless man, impossibly tall while wearing what seemed to be a black suit… suddenly formed several tendrils from it’s back. It drew closer and closer. My police training kicked in as I reached to my holster strapped to my side, now drawing out my sidearm and took aim.

But then the sounds of sirens blaring came again and this time… it sounded closer.

This seemingly started the faceless tall suited man, and from what I could see—it had also angered him as well. It didn’t take a face to see that this thing, this… Slenderman, was infuriated by what that sound could indicate. That’s when it had looked up, as if staring at something taller than itself. What could be taller than this thing, I wondered…

That’s when I, regrettably, turned around and saw something which… I hadn’t even so much as anticipated or was even prepared for in the experiences I had as a part time paranormal investigator. Whatever this thing is… It’s new. Something which if I managed to get away from this whole thing alive… I might be able to possibly document in a paranormal report.

Quickly, I raised my camera and snapped several photos of this thing… It stood about forty feet tall, dark skin which allowed it to resemble the trees surrounding it and… two horns where a head should be but in those very horns were two mouths which bared their teeth out.

If I had to give this thing a name, it would be Siren Head…

The Slenderman contorted it’s face, breaking apart the space where it’s mouth would be, and released a shriek of hatred and anger. The Siren Head responded by unleashing a loud siren blare followed by the sounds of klaxon. It seemed as if I had found myself in what could only be called a literal monster mash…

The Siren Head reached out… and the Slenderman lashed a tendril out…

And here I am… shocked out of my wondering… Just what in the world I have gotten myself into and… if I had any chance of getting out of this alive.

And maybe… Just maybe, I’ll figure out what exactly happened… to little Thomas Gerald.

So after the rather disappointing (and possibly arc ending) results of Leonardo vs Terry Bogard, I had decided to do something different and maybe give something which readers would be more incented to want to look at as far as a Versus match up was concerned. For a while I have been wanting to debut Siren Head to the CBUB and who better than to have him go up against one of the Creepypasta greats, Slenderman?

I wanted to do something which was written in a different format, something which was written more in tone with horror and mystery and in the first person. This was something of an experiment and I hope it came out very well enough to where it can be something entertaining, and maybe stir creativity amongst the CBUB again.

Big fan of creepy pastas Rakai, am glad a talented writer like yourself is introducing them to CBUB.

Much as I like Siren Head, I personally think he deserves more recognition then he gets, I just don’t know if I can vote against the ironic face of creepy pastas himself! Gonna need to think about this for a bit.

Just now, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Big fan of creepy pastas Rakai, am glad a talented writer like yourself is introducing them to CBUB.

Much as I like Siren Head, I personally think he deserves more recognition then he gets, I just don’t know if I can vote against the ironic face of creepy pastas himself! Gonna need to think about this for a bit.

Yeah, Siren Head has been making big waves in the Creepypasta fandom and communities. So I figure, why not do something different written in a format similar to actual Creepypastas?

As far as I know, there's only one interpretation of Siren Head and that's entirely under the management of lore by Trevor Henderson himself, so whatever lore he comes up with to add to Siren Head, we'll eventually find out as he continues to put out more artwork and stories regarding this entity. So this is the version of Siren Head we're going with.

As far as Slenderman is concerned, I wrote him in mind with the original version that Eric Knudsen had written up-- so whatever we know about Slenderman to consider can be taken from the original stories which Knudsen wrote, Slender: The Arrival and Marble Hornets as Knudsen also had some involvement with those as well.

So, it's Original Siren Head vs Original Slenderman.

Been a minute, CBUB. :) 

Great set-up, Rakai, and a nice change-of-pace. You've certainly captured the atmosphere of horror with this one. 

As for the match, I'm not even sure the Slender Man and Siren Head can hurt each other after looking them both up. They may fight each other long enough for Packard to escape, though.

3 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Been a minute, CBUB. :) 

Great set-up, Rakai, and a nice change-of-pace. You've certainly captured the atmosphere of horror with this one. 

As for the match, I'm not even sure the Slender Man and Siren Head can hurt each other after looking them both up. They may fight each other long enough for Packard to escape, though.

Thank you.

Yeah, I figure it was tone for something different than the usual storyline and figured maybe a one off would be something fun.

I wanted to do something with Creepypasta characters for a while, so I came up with this.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - Boratz
5.00 - Pizzaguy2995
5.00 - patrickthekid
4.90 - DSkillz

FPA Calculation:
4 Total Votes cast
19.90 Total Combined Score
19.90 / 4 = 4.97 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Siren Head: 1
Slender Man: 3

2 minutes ago, SSJRuss said:

Great match Rakai. The tone and format was perfect. I would have given a 5.

I'm a big Slender Man fan and glad to see him win.

Glad to know you liked this match!