Slot: The Team's Survivor
Season Wins: 3
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Major Alan "Dutch" Schaefer at Wikipedia
Official Site: 20th Century Fox

Battle Terrain
Survival Challenge: Who survives the sinking of the Titanic

Alright, my consistent argument when Ash has drawn this is his ingenuity. If things get rough and a new raft needs to be constructed, etc, he has skills that are good with that scenario. He’s consistently shown to be good at building, etc and I think that helps in this scenario.

Both of them would probably survive pretty well, neither is especially predisposed to letting others survive over themselves, and both and strong and crafty enough to get out of the lower decks if they happen to start there. The only thing I can think of is that Ash is more tenacious and probably more crafty

50 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

The only thing I can think of is that Ash is more tenacious and probably more crafty

More tenacious is something I'd put doubt it, and hell even craftyness might be something I'd put to doubt. This is the same man who managed to out think a member of a space-faring bounty hunter race just by working with the things he had available to him in a jungle. Ash might have done things back in the middle ages, but he had a group of people to help him out along the way and he wasn't really in the same situation that Alan had been put in. As much as I love Ash and his movies, I do not believe that this is that clear cut.

1 minute ago, Macklemore said:

More tenacious is something I'd put doubt it, and hell even craftyness might be something I'd put to doubt. This is the same man who managed to out think a member of a space-faring bounty hunter race just by working with the things he had available to him in a jungle. Ash might have done things back in the middle ages, but he had a group of people to help him out along the way and he wasn't really in the same situation that Alan had been put in. As much as I love Ash and his movies, I do not believe that this is that clear cut.

The way you phrased the Predator feat makes is sound more impressive than I think it really is. The predators intentionally nerf themselves and use the bare minimum of their equipment and abilities in order to have a good hunt, so beating one of them is less impressive than beating any of the myriad of demonic horrors Ash fights, in my eyes

I don't know about Ash, but Dutch is getting on one of those lifeboats whether the other passengers like it or not.

Dutch also has resistance to pain and is a peak human physically, so I like his chances of surviving in the frozen waters better than Ash.

2 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

so beating one of them is less impressive than beating any of the myriad of demonic horrors Ash fights

He's beaten more than one predator, and even if they do "nerf" themselves I'd say a predator is every bit as deadly as any demonic thing Ash has fought.

1 minute ago, Bergy_Berg said:

I don't know about Ash, but Dutch is getting on one of those lifeboats whether the other passengers like it or not.

Dutch also has resistance to pain and is a peak human physically, so I like his chances of surviving in the frozen waters better than Ash.

He's beaten more than one predator, and even if they do "nerf" themselves I'd say a predator is every bit as deadly as any demonic thing Ash has fought.

He's beaten more than one predator, but the second one was pure luck, and every one after that he had backing from some black ops organization and predator technology, so it's a lot less impressive. Ash is also 100% getting in a lifeboat, and would be just as capable as Dutch at forcing his way into one. Ash sawed off his own arm, so his pain tolerance should be just as high as Dutch's, if not higher. Ash's physicals are all higher than Dutch's also, including strength and speed, so by your own logic Ash would actually be favored here

Ash on the Titanic, fighting off Deadites possessing the passengers as the ship goes down would have been a fun episode.

I don't see either of these characters failing to survive.  Seems like a just vote for who you like best. 

Im Most of Dutch’s traps don’t work and he is losing to the Predator in a fist fight, badly, before the Predator happens to unintentionally stand in front of a log trap into a log trap. 

I cannot emphasize enough that Ash constructs a prosthetic hand, crafts shotgun ammunition and fixes up a car in Medieval Europe. He has borderline toonish craftsmanship skills. 

On 4/13/2021 at 12:11 PM, Peypeypeypey said:

He's beaten more than one predator, but the second one was pure luck, and every one after that he had backing from some black ops organization and predator technology, so it's a lot less impressive. Ash is also 100% getting in a lifeboat, and would be just as capable as Dutch at forcing his way into one. Ash sawed off his own arm, so his pain tolerance should be just as high as Dutch's, if not higher. Ash's physicals are all higher than Dutch's also, including strength and speed, so by your own logic Ash would actually be favored here

The vsbattles wiki only has info about Dutch from the first Predator movie. It completely misses his post-movie feats.

11 minutes ago, Bergy_Berg said:

The vsbattles wiki only has info about Dutch from the first Predator movie. It completely misses his post-movie feats.

You're going to have to prove that. What scans/quotes actually put Dutch above Ash in terms of physical abilities?