Slot: The Team's Corporate Mascot
Season Wins: 2
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Pepsiman at this Wiki
Official Site: Pepsi

Battle Terrain
Marketing Challenge: Pepsi A.M. Breakfast Cola

I'm reminded of that one screamer for a German coffee brand, where you see a car drive up a hill and then suddenly some zombie pops up and freaks you out and the question at the end of the commercial is just "Did that wake you up?" It sure did, commercial. Woke me up and filled me up with adrenaline. I can see the Judderman being that for Pepsi AM. It might receive backlash, but there's no such thing as bad publicity.

Pepsi AM is a drink that wants to advertise its self as one with a kick and an oomph, and while Pepsiman does seem to have some oomph in his character and portrayal, I think the Judderman might have an edge over him as his drink, while often seen as tame perhaps, was advertised in a way to make it appear to have a kick or a "judder", in spite of its lower carbonation.

Now while that may seem contrary here, and while it certainly may be hard to see any mascot upset one who has a brand name in their title, I can see the Judderman edging out Pepsiman, if the Metz advertisements did reach people in such a way, they were shown around 2000-2001 ish.

That being said, Pepsiman is off putting and scary to some people in a different way in comparison to the Judderman himself, the Judderman however is able to emote a bit better, and as the poem of the commercial stated he is "sharp tongued" and "cunning", in the way that operates around people, convincing a simple peasant to follow him into danger, in spite of the man's gut feelings telling him not to, thus, I don't find it too hard to see the Judderman gaining some ground here on that end as a mascot.

One more note, Pepsi AM would probably appeal more to the youth and working crowd, young adults to adults, than to teens and kids, though teens could arguably be interested in it too, with that being said both mascots offer appeal in different ways, but Judderman would offer a sort of horror edge that many of the older generation tend to prefer, and perhaps a lot of kids too, because they would find hipper for a darker spokesmen compared to Pepsiman's lighter fare, my opinion on that.