Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

8:9 - Venom vs. Omega Red

SEASON 8, ROUND 9

Venom

Slot: Vs. Battle Wiki Tier: Urban (Low Power)
Season Wins: 2
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Venom at this Wiki
Official Site: Marvel Comics

Omega Red

Slot: Vs. Battle Wiki Tier: Urban (Low Power)
Season Wins: 2
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Omega Red at this Wiki
Official Site: Marvel Entertainment

Battle Terrain
Combat Terrain: Pandora Night

There's actually quite a bit written about this fight online. The general consensus is that it would be pretty close and an interesting match-up, but Venom has a few important advantages, namely strength, speed, and durability. He's probably immune to the Death Spores with the Symbiote's regen and general tankiness, and he can definitely get under the armor with his tendrils to actually attack the person underneath 

It's not certain what effect Arkady's death spores would have on the symbiote (though they did contribute to eventually wearing Wolverine down in his first shown fight with Red), but in an up-close fight, Red could still possibly latch on to part of Venom and start to drain him with his coils. 

2 hours ago, DSkillz said:

It's not certain what effect Arkady's death spores would have on the symbiote (though they did contribute to eventually wearing Wolverine down in his first shown fight with Red), but in an up-close fight, Red could still possibly latch on to part of Venom and start to drain him with his coils. 

Any source I can find puts Venom above Omega Red in just about every physical level, so an up-close fight probably wouldn't work out well for him. 

18 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Any source I can find puts Venom above Omega Red in just about every physical level, so an up-close fight probably wouldn't work out well for him. 

Thing is, a couple of versions of Venom (i.e., the recent history of the comics version) are likely outside the bounds of this slot (and in fact, the Vs. Battle Wiki puts Venom in several tiers). For the sake of this slot, then, we would need to consider what would keep him in the Low Power Tier. 

For example, just about every version of Omega Red I can think of would at least be a match for the Venoms from the '94 Spider-Man 'toon and Spectacular Spider-Man.

1 hour ago, DSkillz said:

Thing is, a couple of versions of Venom (i.e., the recent history of the comics version) are likely outside the bounds of this slot (and in fact, the Vs. Battle Wiki puts Venom in several tiers). For the sake of this slot, then, we would need to consider what would keep him in the Low Power Tier. 

For example, just about every version of Omega Red I can think of would at least be a match for the Venoms from the '94 Spider-Man 'toon and Spectacular Spider-Man.

I don't know about all that. The only Venoms that are out of this tier are ones that are explicitly differently named entities. "Venom" as he exists on Eddie Brock with no other modifiers or enhancements is still only High 8-C, which isn't even close to leaving the tier, his physicals are just a lot higher than Omega Reds

2 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

I don't know about all that. The only Venoms that are out of this tier are ones that are explicitly differently named entities. "Venom" as he exists on Eddie Brock with no other modifiers or enhancements is still only High 8-C, which isn't even close to leaving the tier, his physicals are just a lot higher than Omega Reds

Beat me to It’s.

I think Venom has a couple of key advantages here in durability and versatility within the fight. I think he can tank damage a lot better than Red, and has a few more win strategies (namely getting under his armor) that should give him the necessary edge.

45 minutes ago, Magnamax said:

Beat me to It’s.

I think Venom has a couple of key advantages here in durability and versatility within the fight. I think he can tank damage a lot better than Red, and has a few more win strategies (namely getting under his armor) that should give him the necessary edge.

Eh, both are durable enough that a mere slugfest won't get either of them far. It's likely going to come down to Venom finding a way around Arkady's armor vs. Red tangling up a portion of Eddie and draining him, and there's a good chance that Red could grip a part of Venom with a coil while Eddie's trying to get though. Also, it's still not certain Omega Red's death spores won't affect Venom to an extent in the process.

10 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Eh, both are durable enough that a mere slugfest won't get either of them far. It's likely going to come down to Venom finding a way around Arkady's armor vs. Red tangling up a portion of Eddie and draining him, and there's a good chance that Red could grip a part of Venom with a coil while Eddie's trying to get though. Also, it's still not certain Omega Red's death spores won't affect Venom to an extent in the process.

I think, lost in that, is that Venom has such an advantage with speed and range, given the webbing and tendrils. He can keep moving, hit a lot harder and has maximum effectiveness with his specialty. I just think it’s too many advantages for Venom. A longer or shorter fight favors Venom.