Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

8:9 - The Burger King vs. Tony The Tiger

SEASON 8, ROUND 9

The Burger King

Slot: The Team's Corporate Mascot
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about The Burger King at this Wiki
Official Site: Burger King

Tony The Tiger

Slot: The Team's Corporate Mascot
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Tony The Tiger at this Wiki
Official Site: Kelloggs

Battle Terrain
Marketing Challenge: Fire Phone

Hmm. Neither of them are especially well-equipped for this challenge. They're each fairly popular in their own right, but Tony is definitely the more recognizable and famous of the two. Maybe if each phone launched with a free copy of Sneak King, then the King could come out on top

Collect a 100 different stickers that come with every Frosted Flakes cereal and win an Amazon phone. Seems like something that could be done with any cereal, and considering this is Tony we're talking about (arguably the most famous cereal mascot), I can easily see him pulling it out.

The Fire phone was a product launch still fairly fresh in memory as it was pretty recent.

I don't think there is any mascot that could have sold me, personally, on it.  I mean, let's just start with the name "Fire Phone".  Who came up with that crap like it was a cool name?  The words Fire and Phone are not two concepts I would consider marrying together.

Nothing about this product spoke to me as a consumer.  It was all gimmick.

That said, if I had to choose a mascot here it would be Burger King.  Because he's on my team!  Sneak Phone FTW!

I'm a little slow on the replies to these matches during the work week but I am loving all these mascot themed matches. Really out of the box kind of thought experiments. I would agree with Fox that attaching your IP to the Amazon Fire phone is the equivalent to stuffing your pockets with rocks before going for a swim. I can't imagine either making a serious dent in a world dominated by Google and Apple.

If you had to pick one of the two, I would probably go with Burger King? Tony has the broadest reach (his internet infamy aside) with children who are not known for their ability to move high tech inventory. The Burger King at least has dabbled in selling videogames in the past and the chains themselves have done an excellent job marketing their impossible whoppers recently. I have to side with the King on this one, if only marginally.