Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Sarah Connor at this Wiki
Official Site: TriStar Pictures/Sony

Battle Terrain
Survival Challenge: Who survives the sinking of the Titanic

1 hour ago, Peypeypeypey said:

she's probably smarter, at least in a practical, emergency-situation sense

I don't know if I buy that, Gale has proven herself to be very savvy when it comes to situations where she'd have to survive, and while I grant you the fact that she's stronger and used to dealing with threats, I don't really see how that helps at all. Considering "women and children first" was a thing during this time period, I think both can make it out alive. But Gale is a character of mine and I need to make a case for her cause I'm way behind on points, so here goes.

Ahem.

Sarah Connor was active during the 80's, while Gale was active during the 90's and showed some savyness when it comes to movies (This is due to the fact that Scream is a meta series). From this, we can extrapolate that she knows about movies and has obviously seen the Titanic. From this, we know that if she were to be dropped in the middle of the movie, she'd tell people about the upcoming iceberg they are about to hit and possibly save the entire ship along with all of it's passengers. Yay for Gale!

24 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Sarah Connor was active during the 80's, while Gale was active during the 90's and showed some savyness when it comes to movies (This is due to the fact that Scream is a meta series). From this, we can extrapolate that she knows about movies and has obviously seen the Titanic. From this, we know that if she were to be dropped in the middle of the movie, she'd tell people about the upcoming iceberg they are about to hit and possibly save the entire ship along with all of it's passengers. Yay for Gale!

I'm going to push back on this idea massively. First, we don't know that Titanic even exists in the Scream universe. Second, and far more importantly, I think we're supposed to assume it's after the disaster has started. If they draw the one where the hurricane washes all the crocs into the houses, you can't just say "Oh, well Sarah Connor would have left before the hurricane hit." Even if I were to grant you that (which I don't), there's simply no way Gale is going to convince the captain that the crash was going to happen. The Titanic's sister ship the Olympia tried to warn the Titanic the night of the crash about the icebergs, and the Titanic just kept trucking along anyway, completely ignoring the message. Gale's knowledge of the events wouldn't be anywhere near enough to save the ship, and the captain would have no reason to listen to her.

More to the point, I agree that if both women made it to a lifeboat, they would both be safe. However, Sarah Connor would be better if, for example, they were trapped below and needed to break through an obstacle or climb to safety, or use an axe to cut Jack's hands free. Both would likely survive if they made it to the lifeboats, but Sarah Connor would be far better at fighting through the sinking ship if need be, thus making her more versatile for this challenge and why I'm voting for her

• Thanks 1

On 4/1/2021 at 5:29 PM, Peypeypeypey said:

I'm going to push back on this idea massively. First, we don't know that Titanic even exists in the Scream universe. Second, and far more importantly, I think we're supposed to assume it's after the disaster has started. If they draw the one where the hurricane washes all the crocs into the houses, you can't just say "Oh, well Sarah Connor would have left before the hurricane hit." Even if I were to grant you that (which I don't), there's simply no way Gale is going to convince the captain that the crash was going to happen. The Titanic's sister ship the Olympia tried to warn the Titanic the night of the crash about the icebergs, and the Titanic just kept trucking along anyway, completely ignoring the message. Gale's knowledge of the events wouldn't be anywhere near enough to save the ship, and the captain would have no reason to listen to her.

More to the point, I agree that if both women made it to a lifeboat, they would both be safe. However, Sarah Connor would be better if, for example, they were trapped below and needed to break through an obstacle or climb to safety, or use an axe to cut Jack's hands free. Both would likely survive if they made it to the lifeboats, but Sarah Connor would be far better at fighting through the sinking ship if need be, thus making her more versatile for this challenge and why I'm voting for her

Well said Peypey, also in the event that both women found themselves in the water, you know that Sarah will have a much better chance of surviving then Gale. The women is in much better physical health then Gale and she has a stronger willpower to live then Gale. So basically Sarah has the advantage regardless of whether they get to the boat or not.