Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

8:6 - Carolyn Fry vs. Ashley J. Williams

UMPIRE

SEASON 8, ROUND 6

Carolyn Fry

Slot: The Team's Survivor
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Carolyn Fry at this Wiki
Official Site: Universal Pictures

Ashley J. Williams

Slot: The Team's Survivor
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Ashley J. Williams at this Wiki
Official Site: Anchor Bay Entertainment

Battle Terrain
Survival Challenge: the Juliane Koepcke scenario

On 3/29/2021 at 4:09 PM, Peypeypeypey said:

I still know nothing about Carolyn Fry. Seems like she would so okay in this challenge, but I also feel like Ash is pretty damn hard to put down, so I can see him persevering.  

She was a character from the Vin Diesel movie Pitch Black. Been awhile since I saw the movie myself, but I think the fact that SPOILER ALERT she died at the end of it doesn’t do her much favors in this match. If Ash can survive three movies and a tv series full of demonic zombies and ancient evils I think he’s better prepared to survive this scenario.

Well for what it is worth, while it is true that Ash survived while Fry did not, it does need to be said also that Ash has a fair amount of "Plot Armor" at his disposal, in both his movies and comic book mediums.

Now, Fry did not survive her movie appearance for  different reasons  comapared to her companions, in her case, although she stated that she would not sacrifice her life for Riddick, in essence that is precisely what she did, as she went back to save him from the bio-raptors, even though she had made back to the ship with the other passengers with her safely.

Had she been alone, with no other people to worry about, I have a hunch that she would have been able to escape successfully, as she was able to make it to the landing spot of the ship they used with no weapons, and only the light of the planet's naturally glowing worms to aid her, a feat that is pretty impressive if you think about it.

Added on to that, Fry also seems to be quite the resourceful type, as she was able to find and make use of the things from the mining colony to aid her pretty handily, which doesn't seem like much, be it does suggest that she is able to make use of whatever is available to her.

For this match however, both are survivors in spite of some the odds they faced, however, I think that Ash would probably suffer more from a lack of direction than Fry would here, and while he may survive, and be able to fend for himself in his case, losing direction might hurt him more here than simply being able to survive his encounters, hence, I'm more inclined to give Fry the win here, in spite of the arguments to the contrary.