Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

8:4 - Barbie vs. The Burger King

UMPIRE

SEASON 8, ROUND 4

Barbie

Slot: The Team's Corporate Mascot
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Barbie at this Wiki
Official Site: Mattel

The Burger King

Slot: The Team's Corporate Mascot
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about The Burger King at this Wiki
Official Site: Burger King

Battle Terrain
Marketing Challenge: Apple Pippin

This is a tough match for da King.  Barbie comes into this with a built in ability to market items to young people and a games console is in her wheelhouse.  Certainly Barbie games for it anyways.

But Burger King is known for quirky ads which, usually, having nothing to do with the burger products and generate buzz.

burger_king_flamebroiled_meat_cologne_flies_off_the_shelves.jpg

It could be just the shot in the arm the Pippin needed.

2 hours ago, Macklemore said:

Barbie Videogames (plural) or the one Burger King game that flopped? I think I'd rather have the bigger video game icon rep my video game console, so I'll go with Barbie on this one.

I remember those games. She has quite a few of them I believe. Barbie could market to young girls who like video games.

On 3/23/2021 at 6:12 PM, Macklemore said:

Barbie Videogames (plural) or the one Burger King game that flopped? I think I'd rather have the bigger video game icon rep my video game console, so I'll go with Barbie on this one.

So I guess part of this is a question I have with Barbie. Is she really a good marketing icon? Can she sell things other than Barbie dolls at all?

52 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

So I guess part of this is a question I have with Barbie. Is she really a good marketing icon? Can she sell things other than Barbie dolls at all?

As long as she panders to girls? Of course. It is a bit of a niche market.

46 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Barbie video games seem to sell.

Barbie Riding Club made 9 million in it's first year.

Stuff I found on Wikipedia:

"Detective Barbie In the Mystery of the Carnival Caper! was the 9th top-selling computer game at 13 software retail chains representing 53 percent of the U.S. market for the week that ended December 5, 1998."

"Barbie Fashion Designer sold over 500,000 copies in its first two months of release and over 600,000 within the first year of its release, outselling other popular games at the time such as Quake and Doom. According to PC Data, which tracked computer game sales in the United States, Fashion Designer sold 351,945 units and earned $14 million by the end of 1996. It was the country's sixth-best-selling computer game of that year."

48 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

I understand that this website probably doesn't speak to the audience that Barbie is in with, so we don't have a lot of Barbie discussion here.

But, absolutely, yes Barbie has been a marketing powerhouse for all manner of merchandise for decades.

barbie-fashion.jpg