Rumble 20541 Batman (Nolanverse) vs. Judas Breed
MATCH SCORE
Batman: 2
Judas Breed: 0

Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

8:4 - Garnet (Steven Universe) vs. Hellboy

UMPIRE

SEASON 8, ROUND 4

Garnet (Steven Universe)

Slot: Vs. Battle Wiki Tier: Nuclear (Medium Power)
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Garnet (Steven Universe) at this Wiki
Official Site: Cartoon Network

Hellboy

Slot: Vs. Battle Wiki Tier: Nuclear (Medium Power)
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Hellboy at this Wiki
Official Site: Dark Horse Comics

Battle Terrain
Combat Terrain: New York City

My initial thought is that Garnet has the physical categories down pretty well. Hellboy has his regeneration and apparently has size-shifting, which might help him a lot here because the Gems tend to need to fuse to take out larger threats. I'm dubious as to exactly how fast Garnet is, like we discussed last time, because they so frequently get tagged by things that are much slower than FTL. Hell, they get tagged by some very slow attacks in that show, so they are at best wildly inconsistent, and at worst just nowhere near as fast as they're supposed to be. Still, Garnet does have insane durability, and her damage output is a few tiers higher. I would need to see more of Hellboy but Garnet is looking pretty strong here

• Like 1

On 3/23/2021 at 12:11 PM, Peypeypeypey said:

My initial thought is that Garnet has the physical categories down pretty well. Hellboy has his regeneration and apparently has size-shifting, which might help him a lot here because the Gems tend to need to fuse to take out larger threats. I'm dubious as to exactly how fast Garnet is, like we discussed last time, because they so frequently get tagged by things that are much slower than FTL. Hell, they get tagged by some very slow attacks in that show, so they are at best wildly inconsistent, and at worst just nowhere near as fast as they're supposed to be. Still, Garnet does have insane durability, and her damage output is a few tiers higher. I would need to see more of Hellboy but Garnet is looking pretty strong here

Peypey, almost every character in our database has a lowball feat if you look hard enough. From Superman, flash, and quicksilver to Luffy, Ichigo, and Garnet, pretty much every character will have a time where their tagged by attacks that are far slower then what their top speeds are listed as. Why do you think most sports aside from nfl football always make teams play best of seven games during the playoffs? Everyone is going to have an off day where they just perform lower then expected, but that shouldn’t take away from their higher feats and I just feel as debaters we should assume each battle the characters are coming in at their best and thus should be judged by their best feats.

I agree that Garnet will win this by the way, I just wanted to put this out here

1 hour ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Peypey, almost every character in our database has a lowball feat if you look hard enough. From Superman, flash, and quicksilver to Luffy, Ichigo, and Garnet, pretty much every character will have a time where their tagged by attacks that are far slower then what their top speeds are listed as. Why do you think most sports aside from nfl football always make teams play best of seven games during the playoffs? Everyone is going to have an off day where they just perform lower then expected, but that shouldn’t take away from their higher feats and I just feel as debaters we should assume each battle the characters are coming in at their best and thus should be judged by their best feats.

I agree that Garnet will win this by the way, I just wanted to put this out here

My point isn't that she has a lowball feat. My point is that she is almost always tagged by much slower attacks, and her being relativistic is a massive outlier when you consider the fact that none of her opponents are shown to be anywhere near relativistic speed. Literally there are 2 instances I know of of her having relativistic speed, and everything else is not even remotely close. So I don't think it's unreasonable at all to call to attention the fact that her listed speed is based on 2 feats as far as I can tell, and other than that, every other opponent she fights doesn't have any real evidence that they're anything higher that hypersonic. That's a massive difference and one that I think is totally justified to point out.

To me, it's like saying Samurai Jack is relativistic, something which I myself have claimed in the past. Yes, he does have one feat that is unambiguously relativistic. But literally every single other thing he does puts him around hypersonic to massively hypersonic. In literally every episode he gets hit by attacks that are moving much slower than relativistic speeds. Therefore, I think it's reasonable to say his relativistic speeds are outliers, and while they shouldn't be thrown out entirely, they should be taken with the context of not at all being typical for the character. It's the same thing here. Garnet has 1 or 2 relativistic moments, but in every other fight she's in, she's hit by things that are going much slower. So I think your analogy is backwards honestly. I'm not only going by the worst days these characters have, I pointing out that the vast majority of the time, they get hit by much slower attacks.