Rumble 20533 Demoman vs. Ogra
MATCH SCORE
Demoman: 0
Ogra: 3

8:3 - Graviton (EMH) vs. War Machine

UMPIRE

SEASON 8, ROUND 3

Graviton (EMH)

Slot: Vs. Battle Wiki Tier: Tectonic (Medium-High Power)
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Graviton (EMH) at this Wiki
Official Site: Marvel Comics

War Machine

Slot: Vs. Battle Wiki Tier: Tectonic (Medium-High Power)
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about War Machine at this Wiki
Official Site: Marvel Comics

Battle Terrain
Combat Terrain: Ice Planet Hoth

Just from what I see here, the characters in the Avengers EMH universe do damage that War Machine casually does in the COMICS universe. And it proves to be something that puts Graviton down for moments at a time. He gets put down with a blast of this size, which War Machine should be able to replicate as a weaker Iron Man armor (when compared to the current War Machine armor) has done something of that caliber before. That's not even mentioning the fact that current War Machine armors have the ability to go completely intangible, so I don't even know if Graviton can impose gravity onto him. It's not that easy of a win for Graviton. Sure, he got beaten by a team, but from what I see it's a team who is less powerful than even one of their comic book counterparts. And War Machine is seen as a peer to said comic book counterparts. I'll go with him.

5 hours ago, Macklemore said:

Just from what I see here, the characters in the Avengers EMH universe do damage that War Machine casually does in the COMICS universe. And it proves to be something that puts Graviton down for moments at a time. He gets put down with a blast of this size, which War Machine should be able to replicate as a weaker Iron Man armor (when compared to the current War Machine armor) has done something of that caliber before.

Thing is, in that same Avengers fight you just linked (and I remember it well), none of those attacks seemed to faze Graviton until the end, and he actually seemed to show more of his power as the fight progressed, including essentially lifting up what looks like the entire island of Manhattan with little strain, while Thor later braces it and returns moments later

Even as powerful as Thor was in the series, Graviton then used enough gravity to keep him, Iron Man, Giant Man, Hulk and Wasp firmly pinned (at least until Hulk started getting madder).

5 hours ago, Macklemore said:

That's not even mentioning the fact that current War Machine armors have the ability to go completely intangible, so I don't even know if Graviton can impose gravity onto him.

Unless Rhodey's Ghost-Tech shunts all of his molecules to another dimension (which would take him off the battlefield anyway) he's still gonna have an atomic resonance that Graviton's powers likely can still affect. I could see Graviton likely keeping War Machine pinned just as securely as the Avengers team until he could possibly eventually crush him.

56 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

I'm aware of that, but that's also my point. Hulk is definitely not comic book tier of powers, yet he still managed to break through the gravity of the situation. War Machine is listed as being a lot more powerful than the EMH version of Hulk on the website we're using for tiers, and I kinda see it. Again, Graviton is similar in power to an Iron Man suit that current War Machine exceeds (Both have Manhattan tier feats), but also he can't hold a Hulk that doesn't even have a Manhattan tier feat in the show. His gravity manipulation isn't powerful enough to hold this specific version of War Machine down, unfortunately.

59 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Unless Rhodey's Ghost-Tech shunts all of his molecules to another dimension (which would take him off the battlefield anyway) he's still gonna have an atomic resonance that Graviton's powers likely can still affect. I could see Graviton likely keeping War Machine pinned just as securely as the Avengers team until he could possibly eventually crush him.

That's kinda how it works, yeah. He phases to a different dimension where he's unable to affected from what I can see, but I don't see why that would take him out of the battlefield?

4 hours ago, Macklemore said:

Again, Graviton is similar in power to an Iron Man suit that current War Machine exceeds (Both have Manhattan tier feats), but also he can't hold a Hulk that doesn't even have a Manhattan tier feat in the show.

The fact that EMH's Hulk resisted Graviton's power when Graviton had just effortlessly lifted Manhattan indicates both that 1) Graviton was putting a good deal more effort into containing Hulk and the others than in his Manhattan feat; and 2) the fact that Hulk was resisting this increased effort from Graviton makes this feat from Hulk Manhattan-tier on its own (at least).

4 hours ago, Macklemore said:

That's kinda how it works, yeah. He phases to a different dimension where he's unable to affected from what I can see, but I don't see why that would take him out of the battlefield?

Nah, there's gotta be at least some of Rhodey's molecules still in his dimension; otherwise it sounds like it's essentially Rhodey's astral form on the mortal plane while the rest of him is shunted elsewhere.