Colossus vs. Strong Guy
MATCH SCORE
Colossus: 5
Strong Guy: 1

Rumble 20541 Batman (Nolanverse) vs. Judas Breed
MATCH SCORE
Batman: 2
Judas Breed: 0

Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Tournament - Treebeard vs. Groot

Culwych1

Welcome to the forest, we've got fun and games, 
We got everything you want, honey, we know the names, 
We got beings that can find, whatever you may need, 
But if you steal his coin, honey, he'll bring you to your knees. 
 - Welcome to the Forest by Swords & Tulips, from the album Hunger for Demolition; Rock Gnome Studios 189

Prologue

There's a forest deep within the heart of Ireland where magic creatures live. To them, its not just any old forest; its The Forest, where reality bends a little bit and magic still flutters in the air. It keeps them away from the world of man, and they quite like it that way thank you very much. 

In The Forest, there lived a little leprechaun named Patrick. He was going about his normal business; painting rainbows, counting gold, and keeping the missus happy, when out of the blue the unthinkable happened... he discovered that one of his gold coins was missing. 

For a leprechaun having a gold coin stolen wasn't just losing some money; think of it more like your loved one emptying all your bank accounts after having slept with your boss, shaved your dog, and stabbed you in the crotch with a blunt spoon. 

Patrick wasn't eating, he wasn't sleeping, he wasn't... performing for the missus. He felt like all his friends were laughing at him behind his back. 

It was constant agony, and would have brought the mightiest warrior to his knees. But luckily this leprechaun wasn't just any old warrior, and he decided that very day to go on a quest to find his lost coin. 

He kissed his leprechaun wife, packed his backpack, made sure he had the magic conch so he could call home, and set out on his journey. 

Chapter 1

The great quest began with Patrick visiting his gnome neighbor Clamdor. 

Clamdor was a forest gnome, a species smaller than their relatives the rock gnomes or the deep gnomes and he was short even for his kind, something that tended to weigh heavily on his mind. 

"Hi Clamdor" shouted Patrick as he walked up to the gnome's house. 

"High? Is that some kind of size joke Patrick" replied the gruff voice from inside, and the door opened to reveal beady little eyes sitting glaring out at the world. 

"Just making small talk.." Patrick stopped at the angry face. 

"SMALL!" shouted the gnome, throwing the door open wide and jumping up and down. "ARE YOU MAKING FUN OF ME AGAIN PATRICK!"

"No no no, Clamdor, I'm sorry, I'm really only here for a short visit"

"SHORT! Why I oughtta...." the little gnome's face had turned bright red. 

"Clamdor no, I'm sorry. I meant I came here because I need your help"

The gnome calmed  down a bit, and raised an eyebrow inquisitively. 

"Someone has stolen one of my gold coins!" Patrick felt a weight lift as he spoke the words. 

The gnome's face fell as he immediately invited his neighbor in, but Patrick shook his head. 

"I'm not staying I'm afraid, I am off on a quest to find my gold coin. I would ask that you look out for my house if you can. I know your wife and mine are friends so maybe she could keep her company, but just make sure the thief doesn't come back whilst I'm away."

"But where will you go?" asked Clamdor. 

"I don't know yet" was Patrick's reply, "but I trust that my senses will lead me straight to me coin."

"In that case of course I'll keep an eye out. You just make sure you travel safely, and come back in one piece!"

"Thank you Clamdor, I feel a little better. I'm hoping it will only be a tiny inconvenience for you. Friends like you are in short supply..." 

image.jpeg.9ae98e89d5193b6e09aeeabc9eb14ddd.jpeg

Chapter 2

And so Patrick the leprechaun set out on his big adventure to find his missing gold coin. 

His first stop was the nymphs. If anyone would know if some troublemaker was up to some nefarious deeds, it would be the nymphs. They congregated by the Lake of Distractions, over which they had built a large wooden house. In the house they kept large barrels of fermented fruit juices, which they served in exchange for coins or favors. They also danced in various states of undress to make sure visitors paid out as much as they could, for nymph dances were an enchanting magic which lulled creatures into a state of euphoric relaxation. To be fair, most of those who visited the nymphs bar did not mind or actively encouraged it. 

Patrick sighed heavily; pulled some of his magic around him to ward off the nymph's magic, blushed brighter than a beetroot and prayed his wife never found out he had been here. 

He opened the door and was immediately eye level with a superb pair of large breasts, barely covered with a thin cloth. These beautiful breasts were bouncing up and down and swaying left to right as the nymph undulated and writhed seductively in front of him, and for a moment Patrick's eyes darted around in his head like a pinball in a machine. He swayed for a moment as he tried to stabilize his eyes in their sockets, then cleared his throat. 

The nymph stopped dancing when she realised her magic wasn't working, looked him up and down, and then sniffed like she was smelling something nasty she had stepped in. 

"Can I get you a drink sir" she said in a bored voice. 

"Ummmm.... ugh" said Patrick, trying to find his voice and decide where he could look. 

The nymph sighed. "I'm Leticiana, I'll be your host for your time here unless there's another nymph you'd like?" She sounded almost hopeful. 

Patrick shook his head, then reached into his pocket and pulled out a gold coin. He passed it to the now wide-eyed and open-mouthed nymph. 

"I'm looking for a coin like this, do you know if anyone has used one here or if anyone has talked about a leprechaun like me?"

The change in Leticiana was instantaneous, and she took Patrick by the arm, leading him to the nicest corner of the bar. As she passed she whispered something to one of the other nymphs, and immediately a choice of drinks on a tray appeared at his table. 

"So, how can I help you big boy?" said Leticiana as she sat next to him, her leg touching his.  

"Someone has stolen one of my coins" replied Patrick, trying to move away from her whilst not appearing to squirm. 

"Really? That is terrible! I'm so sorry to hear that." If the Oscars existed in The Forest, the Leticiana would have been well on track for a clean sweep in all categories.

"Have you heard anything that could be linked to that? Any weird going-ons?"

"Hmmm, now I think of it" she said thoughtfully. "You know at the center of The Forest, where the Protector lives? I heard that there was something strange happening there. Rumors and stories of moving shadows and darkness."

Patrick nodded thoughtfully; like the nymphs, the Protector of The Forest was a great source of information and would definitely be able to point him in the right direction. 

Then Patrick froze, he suddenly realized that the bar had gone eerily silent and still. He looked around and saw that Leticiana was standing in front of him, along with three other nymphs. They were undulating together, gleaming skin glistening in the low light, and their hands drawing slow sensual tracings over their own and each other's bodies as they danced. 

It was enchantment magic! Where Leticiana's magic had failed, together they hoped to overpower him and seduce his gold away from him. 

That thought, coupled with the sheer dread of his wife having to come rescue him from the clutches of the nymphs, set him in motion. 

He jumped up and pulled his leprechaun magic around him in a shield of glimmering shimmering gold. 

He threw the magic out towards the nymphs; this was where he would stand and no enchantments would overpower him. As he slammed his drinking cup down on the table and threw his magic out towards the nymphs, he shouted in a booming voice: YOU.. SHALL... NOT... DANCE!

The nymphs stopped in their tracks, and then fell backwards as one. 

Patrick slowly backed out of the bar, keeping them all in his line of sight. They stared back hungrily, but dared not follow.

EQ05jmUGLxR1kP435MYuVefzHvrK4Df5skMg5fmMh6lOd2jFql2ORZtgDePv-SOOKxFobRy--Ueo_-DzAo2L0iU=s200-c

Interlude 1

Once outside he felt the fresh air filling his lungs, clearing away the fog of remaining enchantment magic. He felt like a new leprechaun, and then he heard a chirping sound from his magic conch in his backpack. Magic conchs work in pairs, and allowed people anywhere in the forest to speak to each other providing each person was holding one conch. 

"Yes dear" said Patrick.

"Of course dear. No dear. Well I didn't... OK my lovely honey bun, yes, no, I am. OK dear.."

Interlude 2

Three. Hours. Later. 

The sun began to set over The Forest, and with it ceased the chirping of birds and the scurrying of animals. 

"Of course dear, I will be careful. Thank you dear. Yes dear, a whole mushroom stew dear. I love you too dear."

Chapter 3

The next day, Patrick made his way towards the center of The Forest where The Protector lived. No-one knew quite how old he was, but he had been there long before most of the other Forest dwellers. Finally, after a long journey he arrived at the center and was greeted by the most amazing scene he had ever seen. 

At the heart of the Forest lived the Protector, and eon old tree being by the name of Treebeard. The Protector radiated power; gnarled bark and leafy hair adorning his wise old face, and Patrick could feel the ancient magic emanating off him. But there was something very wrong. Shadows clung to Treebeard, twisting around his huge legs, pulsing with a dark light and holding the Protector in place. 

Two figures stood before Treebeard one tall and the other very short. Patrick needed no magic to see the menace and evil that clung to them. 

"At last we have him" said the tall one. "You have done well Pusskins." 

"Anything for you master. If we can hold him long enough then finally you will be able to step through into this realm" said the shorter of the two. 

The taller one was about to reply but stopped suddenly, its shadowy head turning to stare directly at the spot where Patrick stood. 

"It seems we have company Pusskins! I'll get some help whilst you Finish Him!" it shouted as it faded from view. 

"GET OVER HERE!" shouted the shorter thing as it jumped out at Patrick. It was a cat, old by the looks of, and wearing a red cloth that covered some of its body as well as the upper part of its face. 

"Wait, wait! I mean you no harm! I'm a friend" said Patrick, frantically backing away from the approaching feline. 

"FRIENDSHIP?! You weak, pathetic fool!" The cat sprang at him throwing punches and kicks. 

The leprechaun ducked and weaved frantically, barely staying ahead of the brutal assault. They circled each other, Patrick looking for any opening and the cat hissing taunts and threats. "You dare test your might against me!"

Then inevitably a punch connected and launched Patrick backwards. He slammed into the left leg of the captured Treebeard, crumpling into a painful heap. As he shook his head to clear the stars, he noticed that the shadows were gone from the spot where he had hit the Protector. 

He had no time to dwell as the cat launched its assault again. "This will be the most flawless of victories" it screamed. 

Patrick had had enough. He just wanted his coin so he could get back to his house, perhaps tease his gnome neighbor, and see his wife. 

He drew his magic to him, calling up the power of the rainbow. It rose before him in the shape of the giant four leaf clover, and then slammed down on to the cat. A sickening crack sounded out, and the cat made one last mew before crumpling in a heap. 

"Fatality." said Patrick as he wiped blood from his mouth. "Guess he was just a mortal tomcat."

thegfxsyndicate.jpg?4

Chapter 4

Patrick turned slowly to look at Treebeard again, when suddenly the tall shadowy figure reappeared. 

"You have cost me dearly little leprechaun" it said glaring down at him. "But you will not win."

"I just came to find my gold coin" said Patrick tiredly. 

"Well you have found only death. I have your Protector where I want him, and I will keep leeching his power away until it fuels my portal. Then you will all perish."

The shadow smiled triumphantly. 

"And as for your own demise, I think it should come from non-other than a descendant of your precious Treebeard. Long ago, when the age of man was growing and the trees knew that their inevitable end would come, the Ents cast their seeds out into the great universe, knowing that future generations would have a life in the stars. Eons passed and the descendants of the Ents became known as the Flora Colossi in my galaxy. I found one such sapling by the name of Groot  and through my magic he is now my slave."

"You do like the sound of your own voice, don't you" said Patrick.  

The shadow growled angrily, then waved its hand as a portal appeared. A lanky tree creature walked through, menace in its eyes as it stalked slowly towards Patrick. 

"Ha!" said the tall shadow, "you will die now, and then your whole Forest will burn to the ground. It is inevitable."

Patrick's eyes glowed red with fury. This was a leprechaun who had had enough. For the last time today he called his magic to him and it fused into his body, making him bigger, stronger and faster. 

"Inevitable?" he growled at the shadow. "This is.... THE FOREST!"

And he turned around and kicked Treebeard as hard as he could, putting all his magic into that kick. 

It had the desired effect, rainbow colored tendrils ran over the shadows holding the Protector in place and dissipated them into wisps of smoke. 

"ARRGGGHHHH" shouted the shadow as it pulled away from the Forest and back to its world. 

"ARRRRGGGHH" shouted Treebeard as he was freed from clutches of black magic. 

"ARRRRGGGGH" shouted teen Groot as he rushed forward to kill both of them. 

"SHHIIIIITTTT" shouted Patrick as he ran away from the center of the Forest as fast as he could. 

52hcbj.jpg

EPILOGUE

Buzz buzz (the magic conch ringing). 

"Yes dear."

"I found your gold coin down the back of the couch."

Sigh

"OK dear, on my way home."

THE END

1 hour ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

A very well written match Culwych1, I give it a 5 out of 5. I love that your using teenage Groot for this matchup, he was one of the funniest characters in Infinity War.

Thanks Pizzaguy! Yeah, teenage Groot definitely just fit this story immediately, and his hilarious attitude in Infinity War lent itself to the role. 

Wow, thanks guys! 

13 hours ago, JohnnyChany said:

A great entry, Culwych, with some fantastic creative flourishes throughout. I started to wonder if there was a Mortal Kombat cat character that I didn't know about lol. 

Haha, introducing "Mortal Tomcat" in the next game... 😆

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - Pizzaguy2995
4.00 - patrickthekid
4.80 - Fox

FPA Calculation:
3 Total Votes cast
13.80 Total Combined Score
13.80 / 3 = 4.60 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Treebeard: 6